Bamboo Construction Workers Needed

Fishenough

Looking for some workers, practiced with Bamboo construction, available as soon as possible? Any recommendations?

Hired 'friends of friends' whom quit half way through the day yesterday. They were hired for the bamboo construction but realized that they didn't enjoy the hard labor required to remove two small palms first. :rolleyes:

Thank You!

Kev

Depending on the size of your project you may want to give these folks a call:

http://www.chiangmailifeconstruction.com/bamboo-construction/

Thank you all for the replies. We want to build large patio type cover in a custom design. We wanted to use the fully treated bamboo of the CLC right from the time the idea to build in bamboo was decided, but they can only keep up with the bamboo demands of the new school they are building. Too bad.

Thank you all for the replies. We want to build large patio type cover in a custom design. We wanted to use the fully treated bamboo of the CLC right from the time the idea to build in bamboo was decided, but they can only keep up with the bamboo demands of the new school they are building. Too bad.

If you find another supplier of treated bamboo, could you please post it here? I need some for a project up in Chiang Dao. May end up digging a pit and treating it myself.

If you find another supplier of treated bamboo, could you please post it here? I need some for a project up in Chiang Dao. May end up digging a pit and treating it myself.

And I'd happily drive up there to buy some borax bathed sticks from you.

I was given a guided tour of the CLC "factory" when I went in thinking that they were selling the bamboo. Highly impressed. I must pay the actual school a visit when I have a chance.

They told me that all the bamboo comes from Phrae, and Gampengphet (?sp), and wouldn't even sell me a couple of poles! They had a fair supply of bamboo there.

These are the guys who make the bamboo huts, that used to be just after Global House....

0833211053 (Aek) and 0843963860 (Oh)

...they're located somewhere on the Superhighway now.

Or it might be worth getting in touch with PunPun organic farm in Mae Taeng, as they might be able to point you in the right direction.

http://www.punpunthailand.org/?page_id=34

The school that keeps getting mentioned is Panyaden (panyaden.org). My family and I paid a visit last month & were very, very impressed. It looks like an amazing place, not just the beautiful bamboo & adobe work but the whole concept. We're planning on sending our daughter there when she's old enough.

• 2 months later...

We have done a lot of borax bamboo treatment and building. If anybody is looking for treated poles we may be able to help, however we are not in CM.

Hello Smithson,

Where are you located?

Nakhon Nayok, which is a fair way away. I would be interesting in hearing more of your project. We did a house last year, there are some details here, but I haven't added any pics recently

This year we built a large bungalow, this has no nails or concrete, just bamboo dowels and a little lashing

post-25665-0-11094200-1303803623_thumb.j

post-25665-0-11392600-1303803682_thumb.j

post-25665-0-13844700-1303803710_thumb.j

• 1 year later...