Plane To Nakhon Ratasima

thommo46

I have heard HAPPYAIR have flights to Korat. I will be in Thailand in March . Usually get Taxi to Korat. 2500baht.

Q1.Is this so.

Q2. How reliable are their shedules. eg. Book for flight , they find not enough on flight , so they cancel it.

Q3. How reliable are their planes.(plane crash not part of the itinery.)

Q4. How much.

Thanks . :)

There was a thread on Happy Air's Korat connection a few months back. Not sure but I think it was more a debate on cost versus bus and don't recall anyone saying they had actually flown the route.

They use (I think) Swaeringen turbo-props. I used these in the Congo and they were fast and safe.

If I was coming in from a long haul flight and Korat was the final destination, I would use them. Bugger that bus or taxi death-dodging ride.

I once took a bus to Khorat town. It was a VIP bus (sorry, I don't remember the company name) and it was EXCELLENT. The reclining seats were luxurious, there were WORKING SEATBELTS, and the driving was faultless. Amazing, but true.

Edit:

Probably cost something like 300 baht.

Edited by cat5

From what I understood Happy Air only have 1 Saab 340 turboprop based in Phuket and they were concentrating on southern routes after suspending many flights after last years post Songkran violence but they were planning to lease a 2nd one soon for route expansion. Their website timetable would indicate they have two planes but I wonder how uptodate it is given that their latest news is from Dec 09!

Would be interested to hear your reply after you call them for more info.

Edited by Lakegeneve

I tried to ring their office in Korat,no answer. I rang their office in Phuket. Spoke to lady with very good English. Fly to all the places on their website except Korat. Have cheap flights to Phuket and Bangkok.

Thanks for the help.

thommo.