Maybe Thais And Farangs Just Wana Fly

DJ Moore

As we reed these stories of numerous people either falling, jumping off of high floors or roofs in Thailand I am wondering, is there a consensus, that these people are being pushed off?.

Many years ago I remember being very excited, about being invited to a employee Xmas party at the Welcome Plaza Hotel in Pattaya. There were hundreds of Thai's there for the two or three hotels all owned by the same people.

At the party, one of the main people there who was MC'ing the party on a make shift stage, was the assistant manager at the hotel. I guess he to be about 28 years old. We became very good friends during my many stays at the hotel.

In any case the next day I heard drunk, he jumped off the roof of his apartment complex. He had been housed there along with many of the hotel's employees. He had died.

It was very sad, but here to the story being told of the incident seems strange, and yet it was just another story of someone dying this way.

Over the years he was just one of three that I knew of personally. Well really two I know fairly well, he and a gay boy bar owner off of Pattaland. The other person I knew only by seeing as we sometimes passed each other on the soi. Still knowing three who's demise came basically this same way is eerie.

I am ready to seriously start looking to purchase a condo either in or near Pattaya, and have always wanted one on an upper floor. As I am doing my searches, and see some with beautiful sea views, I am now also seeing them in a whole new light................ DJM

Edited by DJ Moore

"Maybe Thais And Farangs Just Wana Fly, Scary"

then why dont they just take off from the ground?, anybody that tries to fly by jumping off a condo is an idiot and deserves to die"

(source: Bill Hick's R.I.P)

first thing i thought when i saw the topic

bill hicks =very funny

"Maybe Thais And Farangs Just Wana Fly, Scary"

then why dont they just take off from the ground?, anybody that tries to fly by jumping off a condo is an idiot and deserves to die"

(source: Bill Hick's R.I.P)

first thing i thought when i saw the topic

bill hicks =very funny

very clever thinker too, there are plenty of folks who i would rather be dead than him

Have noticed that the rails on many balconies in Thailand tend to be rather low,particularly on the older properties.This makes it only too easy to overbalance perhaps having had a few too many.

As has been said before there are a lot of fairly obvoius desperate types having mental and indeed medicial problems walking around not to mention the probably many more who these trates are less pronounced,and thats without the high proportion of acoholics and those who just occasionally binge drink.Add to that a few who are murdered and its not realy surprising the number of jumpers.

A few months ago a man that I had worked with for 23 years on a daily basis and I know had no money or family problems came back to his home, walked past his wife, went up to his bedroom and cut his throat.

I can not imagine what state his mind was in to do such an extreme act.

6 weeks ago a neighbour of another friend and some one who I had spoken to many times hanged him self in his garage, where his 12 year old son could have found him, by chance someone else found him.

When I read about the farangs that leap off ( or are helped ) off high buildings I always thought they must have been helped off.

Now since my friend’s suicides I am not sure :D

Undoubtedly some must be pushed but I now look at the reports with a slightly different perspective.

THERE IS NEWT SO QUEER AS FOLKES! :o

"Can't remember where I read this but once heard that the secret of being able to fly 'is the ability to throw yourself at the ground and miss'.

Just can't seem to get the last bit right!"

I seem to recall this being in the trilogy Hitchhiker Books, Number 4 if I remeber rightly (Yes I know number 4 in a series of 3, Blame Douglas Adams!)