Will I Need Basic Thai To Communicate?

Hal65

I've been wanting to visit Thailand for years & now have an opportunity. But will I need to learn some basic Thai if I go outside of Bangkok?

The plan is to chick out Koh Samui/Phangan and possibly stay a while if I like it there, long enough to rent an apartment. I'm concerned about my ability to communicate with apartment owners, medical care workers etc.

Go to any popular tourist destination in Thailand and you don't have to speak a word of Thai. It is only when you get off the beaten track that you need either a phrase book or as I did when I first got here, a talking Thai / English dictionary. The places you have suggested visiting English is widely spoken so just roll up and enjoy ;)

absolutely correct

a human ( no offers requested ) Thai English voice dictionary or which gizmo please ?

thank you v m

kind regards

Go to any popular tourist destination in Thailand and you don't have to speak a word of Thai. It is only when you get off the beaten track that you need either a phrase book or as I did when I first got here, a talking Thai / English dictionary. The places you have suggested visiting English is widely spoken so just roll up and enjoy ;)