How Can I Stay For A Bit?

Hi I am 32 on a 30 day tourist visa in thailand.

I would like to find out my options and ideas about how I. Can stay for 6 months to a year.

I need to work. Perhaps as an english teacher. Can I do this without permit and avoid trouble?

I am also able to keep a small net biz so that's a bit of an option.

I would go to school if that would help or something like that.

What is my options to stay here for a bit?

Thanks in advance. And no I don't want to get married to anyone.

To work you need a Work Permit and a Non Imm Visa.

You could probably get a double entry Tourist Visa from the Thai Consul in Vientienne Laos. This would give up to 6 months with extensions.

You could enroll with a Thai language school. Have a look at one of the sponsors sites.

To the OP

You cannot work legally without a WP. You are here on a visa exempt entry so getting a double tourist visa should be no problem (giving a total of 6 months stay with extensions and one border run to activate the second entry.)

That being said --- you did not state if you had been here before or if you had other visas in your passport.

You can do a TEFL course here and then get a job and work permit to teach English. Pay isn't fantastic but neither are the hours. If you are good in the water you can go the diving instructor route. Again fairly easy to do and get a permit. After that it is pretty much start a company with 2 million baht. I would go and get yourself a 6 month visa and have a good look round the country then decide what you fancy doing at the end of it. Enjoy ! :D

Hello thanks guys for the help.

3rd time in thailand and yes it is all in my passport. Last time as 2 years ago.

I heard english teachers sometimes work without permit. Is that true?

Thanks

It is illegal to work without a WP. What some people do shouldn't be your concern, what should matter is what are the consequences if you are caught. They can be significant.

This thread is starting to read very much as a troll and the fact you say in Thailand on a 30 day visa but apparently using a proxy server in the USA does not do much to establish your credibility. This thread is closed.