Newcastle To Bangkok Omg

paulnuek

Try a phone call to either Courney Airsavers(Saville row) or Gazelle Travel (St. Mary's Place) both off Northumberland Street in Newcastle. The route which I normally take is KLM to Schipol and onto Bangkok with China Airlines. Used to be a cheaper and quicker option than Emirates.

Good Luck.

Partly due to the increase in UK long-haul departure-tax, and partly down to the price of oil being close to $100/barrel again, ex-UK prices are rising towards (but still significantly less than) what we Thai-residents pay for BKK-LHR, let-alone to somewhere in the up-country provinces like canny-Newcassel ! :(:rolleyes:

Its because of the new airport taxes in the UK for long haul flights, most people now go to Europe first then long haul to avoid it.

Exchange rate is better now than it has been for last 3-4 months.

It's often considerably cheaper now to hop over to Amsterdam first on a low-cost carrier, and then take the long haul flight from there. The Dutch have abolished their departure tax because they realised that it was driving people away. The penny hasn't dropped yet in Westminster.

Its because of the new airport taxes in the UK for long haul flights, most people now go to Europe first then long haul to avoid it.

Exchange rate is better now than it has been for last 3-4 months.

It's often considerably cheaper now to hop over to Amsterdam first on a low-cost carrier, and then take the long haul flight from there. The Dutch have abolished their departure tax because they realised that it was driving people away. The penny hasn't dropped yet in Westminster.

The last 15 or so trip were via Amsterdam with China Airlines. But the KLM part from Newcastle has gone up £120 and then China has put on there bit so now over £800.

Just took a look at whet I paid last year ----£620 for me and the wife £460 for the little one (4yo)

This year with Emirates is £739 (surcharge for flying at the weekend) £577

Thats a price increase of £355!!!!!!

Have no choice but to pay it...this year but don`t think I will be coming every year now.

Especially the way the Baht is at the moment.

When I flew home on 30 Dec it was 45 to the pound. Can`t remember when it was so low.

Certainly have to watch where you eat and drink now..

Eg walking street 2 bottles Heineken and a coke 250-260B

Soi Buk (where we stayed) 150+B

As above I have used the KLM/China flight from Newcastle for my last three trips. When I priced them for my next trip the price was £200 more than what i have previously paid. I managed to get an Emirates flight for £550, however this is for April not December, the flights are always more in december.

have you tried momondo for your flight search?

707...thats not that bad from Newcastle........Thailand is expensive now for Brits, why not try one of the Yankee Dollar economys, your pound will go a lot further...Cambodia, $1 a draught beer...thats only 30 Baht...ciggies, transport etc all much cheaper than Thailand

I'm going back to Newcastle next month, and I agree the prices are stupid. I have ended up booking an air asia flight to london and will get the train from their to Newcastle for around £15, would have been cheaper if I booked a little earlier, but still the whole thing was much cheaper than going Emirates for example just dreading the weather!!! eeek.

As above I have used the KLM/China flight from Newcastle for my last three trips. When I priced them for my next trip the price was £200 more than what i have previously paid. I managed to get an Emirates flight for £550, however this is for April not December, the flights are always more in december.

have you tried momondo for your flight search?

Tried them all.

Freedom Flights always been the cheapest for me.

It's rising oil prices marra.

Was expecting the prices to go up. But Alway found China to be the cheapest.

Flight times are canny as well.

Into Bangkok for about 7.00am.

Pattaya for about 11.00am

Emirates get me to Bangkok for 1.15pm

So that Patts for around 5.00pm

The way our lass looks at it is we have lost a day lying on the beack like loppy dogs :0