Bus From Chiang Mai To Bangkok

HansBlinkers

Go out to the bus station on the east side and book with Nakonchai Air. They're a separate building behind the main terminal. If you want the tippy-top luxury ride, you need to go a day ahead of departure and reserve a seat. Regular aircon tickets are often available if you walk up. My walk-up bus hit Bangkok about five in the morning, but I'm sure there are others throughout the day. It's a ten hour ride, but they feed you, show you Thai sitcoms and even let you have a wooly blanket to cover with when you nap.

• 2 months later...

Nothing... Both will be freezing cold, both with provide a flurry of food and drinks, and both will stop in the middle of the night at a place some truck stop to allow for a bathroom break and more food.

Oh, and both should have reclining seats with a massage roller/vibrator for the back.

Other then the price whats the difference from vip and 1st class

Nothing... Both will be freezing cold, both with provide a flurry of food and drinks, and both will stop in the middle of the night at a place some truck stop to allow for a bathroom break and more food.

Who do they have the air con so cold.........to keep the driver awake?

• 1 year later...

Today I bought a ticket from chayasit buses' ticket booth in bangkok north bus station mo chit , but they told me the 2.30pm bus is from sri tawong bus company, arriving in chiang mai before midnight. This is very well possible if they stop only once to eat, but the bus left late 45 minutes, without giving any reason when asked. If chayasit relies on another company to sell tickets at this time, it should be thrustworthy as well. I would avoid chayasit as well as sri tawong in the future.

But Sombat tour as well as nakhon chai air of course has always been ok. Other correct companies are budsarakham and Indra tour.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I have a ticket to BKK from Chiang Mai.....overnight bus.

Does anyhow know how far a subway station is from the bus terminal?

Or any idea of an address of where those big busses drop you off? I think my ticket was around 650 baht, so it's not a van but a big bus.

I would like to take the subway to the airport, instead of a taxi.

Or any idea of an address of where those big busses drop you off? I think my ticket was around 650 baht, so it's not a van but a big bus.

Huh? Something sounds a little mixed up on your itinerary. Definitely no subway station here in C.M.

Huh? Something sounds a little mixed up on your itinerary. Definitely no subway station here in C.M.

I'll rephrase......I'm taking a bus to BKK. I would like to go from the bus station in BKK to the subway.

Any idea the nearest subway station from the bus terminal in BKK?

tks

I think the OP is asking which subway station is closest tot he drop off point in Bangkok.

I think the OP is asking which subway station is closest tot he drop off point in Bangkok.

Got it. I re-read it. My mistake. There are a couple of bus stations in BKK so it depends on which station.

no worries. the receipt says NCA, everything else in Thai. I found their website, but no luck seeing where they might drop me off in BKK.

it's all good...i'm just curious if anyone knows.

of course there will be 100 taxis right when I get off.....I just like to be a little informed, if possible.

:)

no worries. the receipt says NCA, everything else in Thai. I found their website, but no luck seeing where they might drop me off in BKK.

it's all good...i'm just curious if anyone knows.

of course there will be 100 taxis right when I get off.....I just like to be a little informed, if possible.

smile.png

Don't sweat it, staff on board the bus will let you know the best drop off point and Bangkok is loaded with BTS/subway/sky train transit stops..

• Like 1

You will get dropped off at Mor Chit, or very near it at NCA's little boutique terminal.

Either is quite a hike from the subway or Skytrain.

So get a taxi.

Of course, once you're in a taxi it makes more sense to just go all the way to the Airport. Because you're looking at 60 baht taxi plus 25 baht skytrain plus 45 baht airport rail link from Phaya Thai anyway.

But you could take a taxi to Mor Chit Skytrain, yes. Subway doesn't really make sense.

• Like 1

NCA's terminal in BKK is rubbish. Not enough taxis the two times I've been there. Will be going with Sombat or Siam First from now on.

Neither the skytrain nor the subway is walkable from where the buses drop you. And for the short trip around the park, not many drivers will be willing to take you.

To make things super fun for me.....I will be dragging (half rolling) a bike box (20+ kg), massive backpack, and bag with computer. It was exhausting getting it to Chiang Mai, but it was easily worth it. Ah....my bus gets in at 4:30 a.m. (I think they are usually on-time, give or take 30 minutes) and my plane leaves at 1:15 p.m. Should be no problem.....

famous last words.