Pay Monthly / Bangkok

Laemchabangable

Hi. i`ve been searching a lot but i can only find Thai language schools, which offer the possibility to make like 8`000 THB down payment and the rest is monthly payments, in Pattaya and none in Bangkok. I`m sure there is some, so anyone who knows about one, please take your time and post some information about that.

Thank you very much,

Janis

I am struggling to understand what you want.

"which offer the possibility to make like 8`000 THB down payment and the rest is monthly payments"

I dont know what this means, are you looking for a 1 year ed visa or are you looking for a Thai language school to study Thai for a year?

Try either UTL or Piammitr Thai language schools in Bkk, they are about 6,000 baht per month.

Dont know what you mean by ,the rest is monthly payments, I wouldnt be paying 1 years worth of tuition costs upfront only to find the school doesnt offer what you need with no chance of obtaining a refund.

I am struggling to understand what you want.

"which offer the possibility to make like 8`000 THB down payment and the rest is monthly payments"

I dont know what this means, are you looking for a 1 year ed visa or are you looking for a Thai language school to study Thai for a year?

Try either UTL or Piammitr Thai language schools in Bkk, they are about 6,000 baht per month.

Dont know what you mean by ,the rest is monthly payments, I wouldnt be paying 1 years worth of tuition costs upfront only to find the school doesnt offer what you need with no chance of obtaining a refund.

Sorry about this, I want a Thai language school together with 1 year ED visa. This normally costs around 25`000 BHT. Which i kind of don`t want to pay at once. So, what i wish for is school in Bangkok which will accept 30% down payment (around 8`000 THB) and allow me to pay the rest during the year, monthly.

They have a couple of schools with this system in Pattaya but i`m unable to find one in Bangkok.

You won't get a school to get you a one year extension on payments. You might get a school to keep getting you 90 day extensions on payments. After you get your 1 year extension, what would prevent you from skipping out on the rest? Thai Language schools using the ED visa and annual extension are a bit like Amway or CaliforniaWow. They operate on the assumption that not everyone (by a great percentage!) will show up for classes.

I don't think it would be unreasonable for them to be required to have real space in classrooms for every visa they sponsor for the requisite number of hours (minimum) required to maintain the visa.

Personally, I think you’re gonna be hard pressed to find a school in Bangkok which will do what you want (but I’ll call some tomorrow and check).

Most schools which I know who do the “payment plan” take half up-front, (10-14K baht) and then you spread the balance out in payments over the rest of the year. (Usually in incremental payments every three months). You need another extension, pay for 3 more months of schooling. ..

This is mostly because any school incurs a fixed cost to get the documentation from the Ministry of Education which lets you;

1; get the first ED visa from a thai embassy or consulate

2; lets you get another 90 day extension after the first visa runs out

Really, business-wise, they’re only breaking even with the cost of the lessons you’ve attended and the amount of time you’re allowed to be here (about 6 months). After that they’re goin’ on ‘faith’ you’re gonna still study with them.

Also remember extensions of stay run at 90 day intervals, NOT monthly, (hence the three month incremental payments I hinted at earlier!) A school is highly unlikely to cough up the expense of rounding up your paperwork for an entire years worth of extensions of stay, especially if you decide to bail out on ‘em part way thru the year. After all they’re in the business to make money (just like every business in the world!).

(EDIT)

Rhetoric removed, as I’ve now become a kinder, gentler tod-daniels. .. 555+

Edited by tod-daniels