If You Didn't Love Thailand So Much

westybrook

"For all those who are saying Mexico, what is the attraction? I've never been and i'm curious."

The weather, beaches, food. I love Mexican food. Close to my own country.

Spanish is easy to learn. Cheap living, but quality.

Perfer Asia though.

Do you like kidnappings,murder, illegal drug trafficing, corruption to top most SE Asian countries. Sound like fun? They even have shot the police chiefs in Juarez and Tijuana. I wouldden't take it (Mexico) for a gift. Other latin American countries not far behind.

Agree with S. America. My cousin lived in Mexico City and Sao Paulo for many years. Both places he was required by his company to have a driver due to safety reasons and lived in the foreigner compound. Heavily guarded with armed police and dogs. His wife felt like a prisoner!

I would have to go with Bali...

"QUOTE(middlepath @ 2005-09-06 11:21:12)

"For all those who are saying Mexico, what is the attraction? I've never been and i'm curious."

The weather, beaches, food. I love Mexican food. Close to my own country.

Spanish is easy to learn. Cheap living, but quality.

Perfer Asia though.

Do you like kidnappings,murder, illegal drug trafficing, corruption to top most SE Asian countries. Sound like fun? They even have shot the police chiefs in Juarez and Tijuana. I wouldden't take it (Mexico) for a gift. Other latin American countries not far behind."

No to all, and you do bring up some good points. I do have friends who live there and love it. Mexico is only 150k away from my home. Honesly I have felt safer there then here in Los Angeles, maybe that is not saying much. I've been lucky so far in life, spend time each year in PI and talk about danger, but I enjoy it there as much as anywhere. Infact I would pick PI over Mexico if I thought about somemore. Love PIs.