Bruce Gilden

moneyshot

• 3 weeks later...

Typical obnoxious New Yorker. He should have no right shoving his camera in strangers faces.

Doesn't he need a release form before he can publish these pictures ??

Considering the number of people who take photos of the crowd at parades, I don't think so. And, it's perfectly legal for stores to take video of customers. And, cameras are running non stop at traffic intersections.

However, I do agree it is obnoxious sticking a camera in someone's face. I'm surprised he hasn't had it shoved down his throat.

Edited by IanForbes

BTW there is no need for a release as the his usage would be considered editorial rather than commercial. Its not taking the photo that dictates a release but the actual usage of it.

Street Photography is highly individualistic.. what you want to get out of it varies from person to person. Personally I'm not fond of 'in your face' photography, and shoving a flash up their nose makes it worse. The resulting images 'to me' were unremarkable. Candid shots capturing people unaware going about their usual activities appeals to me much more.

Also, street photography is a bit like photographing tigers. If you do it from afar you'll be a lot safer than sticking your camera in its mouth..

When walking e.g. the streets in Harlem or the Bronx i always made it a point to connect with people I wanted to photograph, homeless ot not. I felt only if I preserve their dignity I would get the honest portrait. If they posed for the shot , when they did,

I got a much more telling image.