The Reason Pattaya Is Dangerous To Ride

submaniac

I honestly think Pattaya is a fun place for sure. Rules and fun don't mix well there. This is standard stuff for all and sundry who think 'it won't happen to me'. Personally, as long as they don't take anybody out, they can do what they like for all I care. Just another day for Pattaya fun town. :coffee1:

Edited by Garry

Too bad that drivers like that once & while "take out somebody" ... most times themselves (messy to clean the road) but sometime also other people.

Today I was just driving in Pattaya city and was really irritated by the way of driving of the "small" motorbikes. Thinks that I do not care while driving my car because I am save in my car, they will be the one who gets hurt. But when driving my bike I could be the one also getting hurt when a nutcase drives with 80km/h straight to a red light while I am just slowly aproching the intersection and he cuts me off.

I have seen some stupid accidents in Pattaya in the years. I always think "there goes another one without imagination".

Chang Noi

Too bad that drivers like that once & while "take out somebody" ... most times themselves (messy to clean the road) but sometime also other people.

Today I was just driving in Pattaya city and was really irritated by the way of driving of the "small" motorbikes. Thinks that I do not care while driving my car because I am save in my car, they will be the one who gets hurt. But when driving my bike I could be the one also getting hurt when a nutcase drives with 80km/h straight to a red light while I am just slowly aproching the intersection and he cuts me off.

I have seen some stupid accidents in Pattaya in the years. I always think "there goes another one without imagination".

Chang Noi

Don't get me wrong. There is a time and a place for everything and this kind of dumb goings on will more than likely nail an Innocent victim. Generally I keep steqady steady in built up areas and around 'city limits' signs. I like the open highway where there is less chance of coming into contact with someone.

So when does the guy in the second video get to 160kmph. The speedo shows 115 at one point and then he is overtaken by a Triton carrying half a dozen people in the back.

Whoop di whoo - he almost did 80mph on a sports bike.

Exactly, but nice to see they had on a good helmets and safety gear (not)........waste of (possible) good bikes these rental guys throw out to the numnuts....sad

So when does the guy in the second video get to 160kmph. The speedo shows 115 at one point and then he is overtaken by a Triton carrying half a dozen people in the back.

Whoop di whoo - he almost did 80mph on a sports bike.

Exactly, but nice to see they had on a good helmets and safety gear (not)........waste of (possible) good bikes these rental guys throw out to the numnuts....sad

Lol how true and I wish a big bus would have U-turned in front of him on Sukhumvit. Idiot.

Honestly guys, never wish an accident on any bike rider. No matter how dumb you think they are.

Exactly!

Not to sure about poster 'moo9', he's obviously not a biker.

I am and I think responsible riding is one of the chracteristics of a Biker.

I don't care about their welldoing but the thread to others, which might be real bikers.

There is no excuse to defend this foolish and childish behavior!

Cheers

Honestly guys, never wish an accident on any bike rider. No matter how dumb you think they are.

Exactly!

Not to sure about poster 'moo9', he's obviously not a biker.

I am and I think responsible riding is one of the chracteristics of a Biker.

What about wishing accidents upon people?

No 'real' biker would do that?

Think of it as evolution in action. Every time one of these morons commits "suicide by bike" the average intelligence of the species goes up a fraction.

The problem is that they sometimes take an innocent with them.

No one needs more than a step-through around Pattaya. Sure, if you're heading out of town, there's a point, but not in town.