Barking Collars To Stop The Dog Barking

silk123

Everytime a sick mangy uncared for dirty cruelty to animals soi dog passes the house my dog goes mad barking at it. (Cruel Thailand)

Its unfair to the neighbours who haven't complained but Tit and i think its against the rules here for them to speak freely.

My brother told me to get a barking collar for it(some collars spray lemon type stuff and some vibrate(he sent me one,didn't work but supposed to be good for tiny dogs) and some give a little lighter gas shock)

For this breed i need the little gas lighter shock collar which teach the dog to shut up fast everytime it barks twice.

Before any sad case girls or fag ass queen men go ranting that bark collars are cruel the little pick of electric they give is nothing and i would recommend them to try it on themselves and shut their yap. Its next to nothing of a pick of electric.

Any info is appreciated.

What breed if any is your dog?

Who rules the roost, you or the dog?

Try this.

Every time your dog yaps, spray/squirt it with water and give it a loud oral command.

This will distract the dog.

It's the dumbest breed i've ever had but looks good. You could guess the GF got it without consulting me first. The water works and the order works for about a minute until it forgets like a goldfish. Barking collar or operation is only solution and the op is only temp and i think is a bit unfair to a dog.

The neighbours would be more annoyed at me shouting "Dug Quiet" 30 times in the night that the dog barking itself.

Its a lovely dog apart from being so dizzy.

The local shop for washing and smelling up the dog(60 baht) didn't know what one was.

I'm going to buy that citrella spray(90 baht 250ml) for repelling mosquitos. Its just water and a natural oil (lime type) so don't flame me any dykes.

Must look on ebay too but have had a lot of stuff dissappear in post recently so would rather buy from a shop here.

Thanks for the tip Nick.

Everytime a sick mangy uncared for dirty cruelty to animals soi dog passes the house my dog goes mad barking at it. (Cruel Thailand)

Its unfair to the neighbours who haven't complained but Tit and i think its against the rules here for them to speak freely.

My brother told me to get a barking collar for it(some collars spray lemon type stuff and some vibrate(he sent me one,didn't work but supposed to be good for tiny dogs) and some give a little lighter gas shock)

For this breed i need the little gas lighter shock collar which teach the dog to shut up fast everytime it barks twice. 

Before any sad case girls or fag ass queen men go ranting that bark collars are cruel the little pick of electric they give is nothing and i would recommend them to try it on themselves and shut their yap. Its next to nothing of a pick of electric.

Any info is appreciated.

My daughter is a qualified animal trainer/ psychiatrist and she has advised me that these collars, whilst not harmful physically, can sometimes cause behavioural problems, such as increased aggression, due to the confusion caused by the shock.

Barking is how the dog releases his anger, and without the barking the animal may release his anger in other ways.The citrus spray ones are apparently twice as effective.

I've used the citrus spray type and would highly reccommend it. They cost around £90, the aerosol re-fills are £12 and the batteries, a rather hard to get type,4LR61, are a couple of quid. I think they are made in France. They were developed by well known animal behavioural phycologist Roger Mugford. The Uk distributor is called Company of Animals.

Thanks for the replies, that's what i like about Thaivisa.

A good bunch on it and quick.

10,000baht is a bit much for me to spend on a collar that wants refills that would have to be posted again from abroad.

It's quiet surprising that thailand with its Love of good home dogs don't sell them collars here and at a thai price.

Someone said that a bit of antifreeze is a cure for the dirty uncared for mangy cruelty to animal soi dogs from barking alnight but it would be cruel and might hurt them bad like eating bleach or something for us.

I don't understand why the authorities don't neuter the soi dogs or put them to sleep or something. Maybe some nice politition if there is such a thing would give a bit of ill gotten money to neuter them for good luck. Doesn't cost much to neuter a dog. could neuter 25 dogs for the cost of a collar. that's a lot of puppies who would not live in pain.

It would be good if there was a little charity in each town for that sort of thing. The thai in charge could make good money skimming. rant.

Heart wrenching really to see them.

I dont your circumstances, is your dog barking from the garden at other dogs passing? I have had alot of problems with my dog doing this and I know how you feel it's really anoying!!

If this is the case try blocking the fence panel so he cant see whats going on outside, should work 90% of the time.

Personally I dont agree with them collars, after all he's only doing what comes natural. Again your desicion. Try looking at other alternatives though.

Rj

Nothing worse than a mindless, barking dog. Forget the squirt gun, a big bucket of water will get the message across.

My neighbor has 6 that bark rapid fire, from the moment they put them outside at 6:30 every morning. I don't believe in poisoning dogs but I'd like to give the owner some bad meat.

We have 5 or 6 or 7 dogs here up country. The number varies on how many puppies the bitch has, 4 last time but we gave 3 away, and how many get killed by the stupid bas****s who drive too fast and just dont look.

Most of the time they are OK but there is one guy with his pick up that comes around at about 6 am and the dogs sing (howl) to him for about 5 minutes. I don't know why him but they don't howl at anyone else and I am too lazy to get up and turn the hose on them.

can i get one large enough for my missus for when she starts yapping???  :o

No, but a taser is very effective :D

We have a Thia mix dog, beuatiful animal smart as a whip, but absolutely the most stuborn animal I have ever had. I have obiendence trained my own dogs in the past, but this one I'm not having much luck with. The dog down the street finally got his attention about going out of the yard. Of course he is only seven months old, so I might be making a bit much at this point. The wife and houskeeper can not contol him at all. It is funny the things that he ha learned, he knows when someone vitis he is going on a leash. He alo has figured out the people are not coming in until he on the leash. He loves people so he goes to the leash and waits. Like I said smart but stubborn

He doesn't bark at dogs but people he does, at least at night or if they get to close to our gate in the day. Since this is hi job I won't stop him from that.

Hello everyone.

I don't have a problem with barking dogs since I live in a 17 floor condo complex that doesn't allow pets.

But I am having problems with some neighbors living on the next floor. You know the type--extremely oblivious to people living around them--noisy, yelling, moving furniture at 2 o'clock in the morning.

Do they have these behavior collars for humans. If so, I'll be the first to order a few. But my only problem would be how to put those collars on without those noisy, pesky neighbors noticing.

Would a rolled-up newspaper do the trick?

Edited by wrestler7902002

Hello everyone.

I don't have a problem with barking dogs since I live in a 17 floor condo complex that doesn't allow pets.

But I am having problems with some neighbors living on the next floor. You know the type--extremely oblivious to people living around them--noisy, yelling, moving furniture at 2 o'clock in the morning.

Do they have these behavior collars for humans. If so, I'll be the first to order a few. But my only problem would be how to put those collars on without those noisy, pesky neighbors noticing.

Only if you put a metal bar in it. :o

Hello everyone.

18th floor eh?

it's a long way down :o

Hello everyone.

You could go about it the underhand way or the funny but risky way.

do the dogshiit in a brownpaper bag thing and light it outside door, knock and run.

How low is this, you could get a thai friend to ring the brown boys anon about the very rich drug dealers in that condo and if there is a reward. That's just too low unless they were really complete scum.

stink bomb under the door when your going on holiday or if you could get a few mice somewhere somehow get them in there underdoor if possible.

if me i think i'd just use ear plugs. actually i like the loud neigbours because i don't feel so guilty with the dog.