Yamaha Nuovo

janverbeem

Hi guys, I also own a Nouva Elegance, bought it second hand a couple of month ago. The motor is also difficult to start, if cold, and dies sometimes when driving cold.

I found that the spark plug looks quite bad and I want to replace it. The dealer seemed to be a bit clueless in finding the right spark plug for me. The one I found in my bike is a NGK CR7E. The dealer finally gave me a CR8E. The bike came without manual, so I don't know what is the officially recommended plug.

Anyone here with a Nouva Elegence manual who can tell me the official Yamaha plug for this bike?

Thanks!

Stefanix

The original equipment plug is the one you took out, NGK CR7E. As far as starting, give it a little bit of throttle before hitting the start button. I open and close the throttle then give it just a little and it starts and runs smoothly immediately.

The problem isn't that there is no fuel or that its evaporating etc... the problem is there's too much fuel and the bike won't start because its flooding.

if they are stock bikes and you've never changed the jets, chances are your carb needles are worn down and passing too much fuel.

If it was flooding, it wouldn't just happen after 3 days?I had an Elegance, and never had a problem with gasohol, but it may just be poor design on the carb on the MX... Gasohol has a lower evaporation temperature than regular benzine, so in may just be the positioning of float valve in the carb combined with some evaporation.I've never pulled a late model Yamaha carb down, so I may be way off the mark, so it's just a suggestion.I'd try regular benzine for a while, but otherwise, have the carb overhauled. It certainly won't hurt to replace the jets, needle & seat and seals. (and shouldn't be too expensive.)