Soi 8 To Soi 4

AmeriThai

The second road on the right as you go down soi 8 (7/11 on corner) is a cut through to soi 4, be prepared to pass 'Lolitas' though :whistling:

Yes can go down past 7/11 there. opposite Soi 8 bar, down alley past Sukumvite Hotel. End up near Swan bar on the corner in soi 4.

Ref dead end query - essentially yes it is a dead end. Not much apart from hotels and apartment blocks after the first 200 metres or so.

Thank you. That's pretty much what I thought. Last time I was at Soi 8 was about 20 years ago, but I was certain a LOT of changes have taken place since then. The Mermaids Rest (which I think was located at 6/1) was my favorite place to stay. I spent a lot of time there, but of course it no longer exists. A friend and I were discussing the Soi, and he mentioned a turn-off to get to Soi 4. From what others have mentioned here, there's an alley that cuts through. To the best of my recollection, there was at least one alley to the right very close to Sukhumvit, but it was very short and a dead end years ago. To get to Soi 4 way back when, the only way I ever knew of was by way of Sukhumvit. Nothing stays the same for long. LOL!

Thanks to everyone for the helpful info. :wai:

We rarely get into Bangkok anymore. A friend of mine recently posted a video of Soi 8 to give me a peek at what it looks like now. It looks pretty attractive but also was really surprising for me to see how much has changed there. The 7-11 is where Tong Manhattan Barber shop used to be located. Great service and nice people. I'm pretty sure where Monsoon is located is where the old Mermaid's Rest was. Just a note about Mermaid's Rest, I stayed there on one occasion for 6 weeks, Dec to mid-Jan. The cost was 1560 baht. I've still got some of their business cards.

Edited by AmeriThai