The Weird Service Of 3Bb

bangkokcitylimits

A friend in mooban Intrachitchay (between CM and Doisaket) has a 3BB internet connection for several years. Today they suddenly cut off the connection, with as reason: "we don't serve that part of the mooban anymore"...

His house is more or less behind the 3BB office on the 118 (think this is called the 'Sansai office but not sure) and all other parts of the mooban are bigger distance from the office...

But... :lol: they did offer the option to pay for few kilometers of cable to keep his internet account.

---

I registered for a 3BB connection 3 years ago and this same office tried to scam me too, I had to pay for several kilometers of cable, all the way from the office 8 kilometers or so. 3BB Sansai often tries to scam foreigners this way, so I called the kind and sincere managar of TT&T (who always helped me very good before the transition) and he told me 3BB has no right to let me pay for more then -if I remember well- 45 meters.

Suddenly 3BB did not need an 8 kilometer cable anymore and I got a point right from the road in my village.

In the meanwhile I'm glad I got rid on them and enjoy my wireless CAT CDMA connection that is more or less without trouble.

--

It's not only they are not capable of providing what people pay for, but they even are corrupt and totally rotten... emoa.gif

Edited by bangkokcitylimits

Only today did I instruct 3BB that I moved to new Moo Barn, they looked up on map and said No No.... must pay extra for cabling. I asked to see the map and saw my new moo Barn was on the border between Red and yellow. After asking if Yellow was all connected they said YES. Only green area not. They agreed i was already cabled UP, after I called up their Head office to make them accountable to the instructions they gave. Yet moving fee is still 1605 bt for them to hook up for 30 min.

Anyway better than the extra 8000bt they were saing i was needing to pay in cabling. Be careful what they say, and check on the map yourself. Then ring the Call Centre for confirmation. Break the contract if you do not agree and move to another provider I would suggest.

What out for this little scam to try get a few more K bt from you.

Cheers Jay

Only today did I instruct 3BB that I moved to new Moo Barn, they looked up on map and said No No.... must pay extra for cabling. I asked to see the map and saw my new moo Barn was on the border between Red and yellow. After asking if Yellow was all connected they said YES. Only green area not. They agreed i was already cabled UP, after I called up their Head office to make them accountable to the instructions they gave. Yet moving fee is still 1605 bt for them to hook up for 30 min.

Anyway better than the extra 8000bt they were saing i was needing to pay in cabling. Be careful what they say, and check on the map yourself. Then ring the Call Centre for confirmation. Break the contract if you do not agree and move to another provider I would suggest.

Cheers Jay

Hmmm, maybe it just costs them more to service a place where cows live? Perhaps because of all the extra BS they have to go through?

Cheers Jay

Hmmm, maybe it just costs them more to service a place where cows live? Perhaps because of all the extra BS they have to go through?

5km outside city centre is not far.... we are simply suggesting that others watch out for being charge an untrue fee when moving between houses. Many expats live around Meechok San Sai Rimping, same as me. It was the local 3BB office that tried to extract 8000bt from me for cabling down my street- I was not going to pay. Moving fee during a contract is 1605bt ONLY... still a rip off yet they need to make a good buck somewhere. As they have half decent internet for 590bt + VAT pm.

If you break a contract within 12 months you are supposedly up for 5005bt. Not that anyone i know has ever paid the exit fee.... it simply to try stop you moving to another Internet provider. Free install for 590bt pm is a great deal on a 900bt modem deal. Thus the exit fee.

Moving fee should not be more than 1605bt unless you do live out with the cows in the middle of nowhere. Then you may need to confirm they have no cabling out there. Confirm will Head Office and state you cannot afford and may exit to go to competition then they MAY waive the large fee. Yet they only had cabling from the end of street to my Moo Barn, and we have many houses in the street and I should not need to pay for their cabling if they wish for better coverage thus customers in CMai or Thailand for that matter.

All negoitable IMO.

Cheers Jay

Cheers Jay

5km outside city centre is not far.... we are simply suggesting that others watch out for being charge an untrue fee when moving between houses. Many expats live around Meechok San Sai Rimping, same as me. It was the local 3BB office that tried to extract 8000bt from me for cabling down my street- I was not going to pay. Moving fee during a contract is 1605bt ONLY... still a rip off yet they need to make a good buck somewhere. As they have half decent internet for 590bt + VAT pm.

If you break a contract within 12 months you are supposedly up for 5005bt. Not that anyone i know has ever paid the exit fee.... it simply to try stop you moving to another Internet provider. Free install for 590bt pm is a great deal on a 900bt modem deal. Thus the exit fee.

Moving fee should not be more than 1605bt unless you do live out with the cows in the middle of nowhere. Then you may need to confirm they have no cabling out there. Confirm will Head Office and state you cannot afford and may exit to go to competition then they MAY waive the large fee. Yet they only had cabling from the end of street to my Moo Barn, and we have many houses in the street and I should not need to pay for their cabling if they wish for better coverage thus customers in CMai or Thailand for that matter.

All negoitable IMO.

Cheers Jay

Uh, Jay, appreciate your response but it was a little joking around....moo barn....get it?

I've had 3BB for a year now. It has always been intermittent. Last night it stopped on 2 occasions. After a year I can cease service w/o an approx 6000B fine. I am thinking of your provider: what are your and other folks' experience with CAT CDMA? Cheers :jap:

Just had 3BB installed in the new house- 3BB always been good to me in San Sai Noi. Except the first connection was poor for first 2 weeks but it was an issue with my PC. I needed to stand by the door and not let the 3BB IT guys leave until they fixed. As they tried to make every excuse in the world to leave in 5 minutes- they took 2 hours to fix the issue. I nearly felt like i had kidnapped THEM- i find the IT guys here far too easy to give up on solving issues...

You need to stick to your guns in getting issues fixed and when they try to over charge. These are the issues I have found with all internet providers in general over the years.

They are very easy to blame your gear- and get the hell out.

Also for 3BB your area location is very very important- if you are near a connection base then you should do well. I feel San Sai is fine for 3BB- some areas are not so good.

Thus check their connection map around town on www.3bb.co.th .

Better to check out other Internet cafes in area and see what they are using- TOT, 3BB, TRUE, etc.

Some areas best for TOT, others 3BB, others TRUE. Not so much the provider than your area.

POST the area you live and others will give good feedback.

Good luck.

Cheers JAY