Singapore Free Tr Visa?

It is free in Singapore as I have recieved 2 tourist visa's there in the last year. Ignore the old sign on the wall there that displays vusa costing 50$sing for tourist. That said the ladies that work there can be less than helpfull, especially if you have 2 or more consecutive visa's. Dropoff in the am-pickup next day in the pm

It should be free at any Consulate - Consulates are not free to charge what they want but are under direct supervision of the Ministry of Foreign Affair.

good too know thanks. I have used 3 different consulates in the past and all charged differently for same visa type.

It is free in Singapore as I have recieved 2 tourist visa's there in the last year. Ignore the old sign on the wall there that displays vusa costing 50$sing for tourist. That said the ladies that work there can be less than helpfull, especially if you have 2 or more consecutive visa's. Dropoff in the am-pickup next day in the pm

So, if they would refuse a double entry TR then you only get a single one or none?

Thanks.

So, if they would refuse a double entry TR then you only get a single one or none?

Thanks.

Singapore only offers single entry TR visa's to my knowledge

Thanks.

Single entry only at Singapore. Vientiane or Phnom Penh for double entry tourist visas within the region.

I got a free single entry Tourist Visa from Singapore last week.

I asked if Double entry was available but the woman at the counter said no.

You need to show air tickets both into Thailand and out. The woman counts the number of days between your intended entry and exit dates to ensure that you will stay no longer than 60 days.

Here are the list of required documents from the Royal Thai Embassy, Singapore web site:

1. One completed and signed visa application form

2. One recent passport-sized photograph (3.5 x 4.5cm)

3. Passport (valid for no less than 6 months)

4. Airline ticket or confirmation slip with flight number and date of entry/exit

5. Evidence of adequate finance ($1000 per person and $2000 per family)

6. Visa of a third country in a passport or travel document

ThaiVisa, please update your Current Visa Availability Summary From Neighboring Countries page to reflect the specific requirements of the Singapore consulate.

Edited by hyperdimension

The information in the summary is correct, only single tourist visa. What needs to be added is the requirement to show proof of onward travel, but we do want to check the information before we make an adjustment.

We highly appreciate reports like yours, as they give good insight in the current policy of a consulate and make us aware of changes. But we cannot always change information based on 1 post. Posted information from a consulate on their website is often more strict than in practice.