Translation Of Documents For Uk Visa

Hi All,

My (Thai) mother in law needs to get all her documentation translated for the purpose of getting a holiday visa ot the UK to visit her daughter.

Please could anyone advise of a suitable place, in Bangkok, which is fast and effective and obvisouly accepted by the UK embassy.

Many thanks,

CM

Why do you need them translating. Its not necessary.

I thought this to be the case, in fact it used to say on the VFS website that there was no need to get documents in Thai translated, but this seems to have disappeared and replaced by a generic line saying that documents must be translated.

I recall there was some recent discussion on this, has anybody got any recent first hand experience?

I used Ploenchit Translation Center. They are located on the 2nd floor of Wave Place, the small shopping mall almost directly opposite the British Embassy on Wireless Road. There are 2 translation companies operating in Wave Place. (small units side by side). I paid 300bt per document. I was pleased with them, but always check any translated documents thoroughly before leaving any translator's premises.

Thanks everyone - I asked our Admin manager at work and got the name of Modern Publishing at Lat Prao soi 18..... so we're going to give them a try, and hopefully it will be fine.

Regarding the matter of whether to translate or not - I am a firm believer of hoping for the best an planning ofr the worst, and when dealing with bureaucrats experience has taught me to give everything that the document says, plus anything that you feel might be relevent to the matter, such that they could not possibly come back asking for anything....... first impressions last...... bla bla bla.

Thanks for the other company names, if this one doesn't work out we have a back up.

Does anyone know, roughly how long does it take once the application is lodged to get the visa?

Thanks,

CM

Thanks everyone - I asked our Admin manager at work and got the name of Modern Publishing at Lat Prao soi 18..... so we're going to give them a try, and hopefully it will be fine.

Regarding the matter of whether to translate or not - I am a firm believer of hoping for the best an planning ofr the worst, and when dealing with bureaucrats experience has taught me to give everything that the document says, plus anything that you feel might be relevent to the matter, such that they could not possibly come back asking for anything....... first impressions last...... bla bla bla.

Thanks for the other company names, if this one doesn't work out we have a back up.

Does anyone know, roughly how long does it take once the application is lodged to get the visa?

Thanks,

CM

A Holiday visa , just a matter of weeks.