Thai Border Crossing Sisaket Phu Sing

gosompoi

Does anyone know or have any information on traveling from Sisaket Phu Sing border crossing with Choam-sa-ngam Cambodia. I know it is 146km from Choam-sa-ngam to Siem Reap Cambodia. Can you drive a car from Thailand across the border at Phusing in Sisaket then drive to Siem Reap? I have crossed the border at Phu Sing many times and entered Cambodia to extend my stay in Thailand via my mutli-entry visa. Cambodia always gives me a 30 day tourist visa for Cambodia at the border. I am interested in Visiting Angkor Wat. So can you drive or can you hire a taxi to take you to Siem Reap?

post-49706-0-72029800-1296754426_thumb.j

You cannot drive yourself. Leave your car at the border,walk over and hire a Taxi.Try to share to reduce the cost.Get there early,then waiting is not very long.Enjoy your trip.To see Ankor Wat and all that is historical, should stay overnight.

You cannot drive yourself. Leave your car at the border,walk over and hire a Taxi.Try to share to reduce the cost.Get there early,then waiting is not very long.Enjoy your trip.To see Ankor Wat and all that is historical, should stay overnight.

Plus visa exemption stamps BY LAND are now 15 days (by air its 30days).

Check if a re-entry stamp is required beforehand, if your on a single entry visa.

• 1 month later...

I used that border crossing back in October for a day-trip to Cambodia. You cannot take a vehicle across the border, but there are plenty of taxis once you get across (we hired one for the day and it was dirt cheap).

Few points...

1. I was charged 1000 baht when leaving Thailand/entering Cambodia...farang tax maybe?

2. The paperwork and process to cross over is relatively simple.

3. When entering Cambodia I was given a 30 day visa.

4. When re-entering Thailand I got a 15 day stamp rather than a 30 day stamp since I was re-entering via a land crossing as opposed to at an airport.

5. Getting there was quite scenic (mountains with nice views...take a camera if you're into that sort of thing.

6. There's a decent market at the border...might find some things you like.

7. Even with the conflict Thailand and Cambodia have going on, I felt quite safe at the border and had no concern at all. Of course, I live/work in Afghanistan, so I guess things are relative.

post-111445-0-51826100-1299644621_thumb.

Edited by Shivers