PM Abhisit To Pheu Thai: 'Name Your Leader'

webfact

PM to Pheu Thai: 'name your leader'

By Kittipong Thavevong

The Nation

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva yesterday called on the political opposition to name their leader and make it clear whether they would "stick to the past and a certain individual".

Without naming the Pheu Thai Party or its patriarch and ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra, Abhisit said it was time parties planning to contest the upcoming general elections told voters what they would do for them.

"They should make it clear if they will still stick to the past and a certain individual, rather than [thinking of] the benefit to the public. They should tell people about this," he said. "They also have to clearly name the party leader so that people can make their decision."

Pheu Thai's current leader, Yongyuth Wichaidit, is not an MP and is unlikely to lead the party as candidate for prime minister in the next election.

There has been widespread speculation over who will take on the role, with marketing expert Mingkwan Sangsuwan a frontrunner, but Pheu Thai has not announced its choice.

Abhisit, who is leader of the Democrat Party, said the next election would allow voters to determine the direction they wanted the country to move in and show the world that Thai democracy had matured.

"The voice of the voters must be louder than the political groups active at present," he said. "They should let the world community know we have got over the political crisis of the past several years."

However, the prime minister stopped short of saying when he would dissolve the House of Representatives and call a new election. He said his government had not completed its task and "still wanted to work more".

Abhisit had previously said there would be an early election later this year.

The premier was delivering a speech entitled "New Election: A Hope for Thailand" at the Sofitel Centara Grand hotel during a function to mark the Post Today newspaper's eighth anniversary. The speech was also broadcast on the state-run NBT Channel.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-02-05

Good move..... I wanna see now the criminals struggling and fighting each others, yet they "must" mention Thaksin (the past) or they create another (the future).

Now we see if they really know what does "Democracy" mean!

Edited by metisdead
Corrected the mis-spelling of Thaksin's name.

Personally I would love to see Thaksin back. I don't like Abhisit at all. I feel bad for him because just like Obama he was handed a country that was in the shIts and had to deal with it and I do agree that he is making a very good go at it and should be credited for that however I think he does not have the experience right now to deal with Thailands many crisis.

I always get a kick out of people who say that Thaksin was corrupt and paid the poor for their votes and laundered money throughout Thailand and this and that. Well that's great isn't it? You name any government that isn't corrupt. The problem is most of the other governments that are corrupt (many in 3rd world countries that are poor) only put the blood money in THEIR pockets and do not give any back to the people.

I know many of you sit in your 5 star condos in Bkk or Pattaya or..........and have never really experienced deepest darkest Issan or any other farming areas in the poor north and I don't mean only Udon, Ubon, Sakon etc. I mean outside of these towns and villages. If you did and actually went and talked to these folk you would know the REAL Thailand people and they would gladly nvite you into their homes and feed you and enjoy your company with no intensions of getting money or anything else for that matter from you. Just pure people.

These are the people that support Thaksin and there is a reason for that so instead of flicking through your satalite TV channels on your 52" from your 60,000 baht a month condos and only refering to the blood that was shed from the "Red shirts" try and realize that these people only want a piece of the pie too. After all THEY are the ones putting food on your 30,000 baht tables.

These Yellow shirts who just a month ago supported Abhisit have been getting away with whatever they like since Thaksin was ousted. First they staged the coup that ousted him, second they siezed the International Airport which devistated Thailand but to this day have not been dealt with for terrorism. Third, they are now demanding that the Government start a war with Cambodia. Fourth, they send spys into Cambodia and expect to not be punished the same as the Airport deal. Fifth and finally, these people are just terrorists with a 'get out of jail free" card.

I do agree with this article that the Phue Thai does need to name their leader and start telling the people what they will do for them if elected etc.

Things that I feel that Abhisit cannot do where as if Thaksin was back that he COULD do;

• Stop the crap going on in the South with Muslims killing innocent people
  • Deal with situations like the recent floods where there would be immediate halp for the victims etc
  • Stop the crap going on now with Cambodia and restore peace with them and also move ahead for a brighter future with Cambodia as their alias.
  • Restore faith in the UAE for Thailand
  • Spread some money well needed right now throughout Thailand (blood money or not).
  • Disolve the CRES and let the Thai people decide how to monitor these situations
  • Control the army instead of letting them do what they please

This is MY 2 cetangs worth and I'm sure I just started my own little war on TV. lol

Personally I would love to see Thaksin back. I don't like Abhisit at all. I feel bad for him because just like Obama he was handed a country that was in the shIts and had to deal with it and I do agree that he is making a very good go at it and should be credited for that however I think he does not have the experience right now to deal with Thailands many crisis.

Who has experience dealing with "peaceful protesters" storming hospitals, and using guns and grenades to try to overthrow a government?

I always get a kick out of people who say that Thaksin was corrupt and paid the poor for their votes and laundered money throughout Thailand and this and that. Well that's great isn't it? You name any government that isn't corrupt. The problem is most of the other governments that are corrupt (many in 3rd world countries that are poor) only put the blood money in THEIR pockets and do not give any back to the people.

I know many of you sit in your 5 star condos in Bkk or Pattaya or..........and have never really experienced deepest darkest Issan or any other farming areas in the poor north and I don't mean only Udon, Ubon, Sakon etc. I mean outside of these towns and villages. If you did and actually went and talked to these folk you would know the REAL Thailand people and they would gladly nvite you into their homes and feed you and enjoy your company with no intensions of getting money or anything else for that matter from you. Just pure people.

These are the people that support Thaksin and there is a reason for that so instead of flicking through your satalite TV channels on your 52" from your 60,000 baht a month condos and only refering to the blood that was shed from the "Red shirts" try and realize that these people only want a piece of the pie too. After all THEY are the ones putting food on your 30,000 baht tables.

Why do Thaksin and red shirt supporters assume that any one that disagrees with them must live in luxury. There are people from all walks of life on TV who are anti-Thaksin and anti-red shirt, even some from Isaan. There are even some in 5 star condos that don't support the yellow shirts.

These Yellow shirts who just a month ago supported Abhisit have been getting away with whatever they like since Thaksin was ousted. First they staged the coup that ousted him, second they siezed the International Airport which devistated Thailand but to this day have not been dealt with for terrorism. Third, they are now demanding that the Government start a war with Cambodia. Fourth, they send spys into Cambodia and expect to not be punished the same as the Airport deal. Fifth and finally, these people are just terrorists with a 'get out of jail free" card.

Many of the yellow shirts that camped at government house and the airports HAVE been arrested. The courts move slowly in Thailand. Red shirts (or pre-red shirts) haven't been to court for crimes committed in 2007, 2008 and 2009.

I do agree with this article that the Phue Thai does need to name their leader and start telling the people what they will do for them if elected etc.

Things that I feel that Abhisit cannot do where as if Thaksin was back that he COULD do;

• Deal with situations like the recent floods where there would be immediate halp for the victims etc
  • Stop the crap going on now with Cambodia and restore peace with them and also move ahead for a brighter future with Cambodia as their alias.
  • Spread some money well needed right now throughout Thailand (blood money or not).
  • Disolve the CRES and let the Thai people decide how to monitor these situations

This is MY 2 cetangs worth and I'm sure I just started my own little war on TV. lol

- Thaksin did so well solving the problems in the south while he was PM, didn't he?

- The victims were given immediate help, and continuing help. Maybe Thaksin could have stopped the rain that caused the floods. :rolleyes:

- Once again, he had 6 years to do that while he was PM. Where was the progress then?

- Ofcourse he would spread the money - 1 for you, 1 for me.

- Do you mean "Control the army so he can do as he pleases"?

The only point that I would argue about is "Declaring" their Leader now, rather than waiting until there actually is an Election to run in... Declaring at this point just gives the Democrats / competion the oppurtunity to Start Slinging Mud and developing a strategy to use against them...

Having spent 10+ years living in Isaan and among the true "Thai People", I know that Thaskin was just as corrupt as all the Thai Political Parties, it's just that he shared the wealth with the poor / poorer Thai people, rather than keeping it all for himself, family and friends...

Pianoman

<snip>

Having spent 10+ years living in Isaan and among the true "Thai People", I know that Thaskin was just as corrupt as all the Thai Political Parties, it's just that he shared the wealth with the poor / poorer Thai people, rather than keeping it all for himself, family and friends...

Pianoman

Actually, the 'true "Thai People" ' are more likely to come from central Thailand rather than the North East. The Isaan people are more likely to have Khmer or Laos heritage. But that aside, don't you think the PM should be looking after ALL of the country, not just the part where he gets most of his support.

And Thaksin did a pretty good job of sharing the Thai wealth with the people. It's just that he made sure he got most of it. Thaksin also didn't do much for the long term benefit of the poor. It was just short term to get votes so that he could continue to rip off the country.

Your final point pretty well said it all.

Thaksin has pretty well shown the world how he can control the army.

As has been shown the only money Thaksin spends is the money he took away in the first place.

Thaksin for Prime minister. Now that is a scarry thought.

If you would stop thinking about what you personaly could get out of him and listen to him you would find a very confused man. Make a proclamation one day deny it the next make it again a week later deny it tommorrow.

You really don't want any thing good for Thailand do you?

<snip>

Pianoman

Actually, the 'true "Thai People" ' are more likely to come from central Thailand rather than the North East. The Isaan people are more likely to have Khmer or Laos heritage. But that aside, don't you think the PM should be looking after ALL of the country, not just the part where he gets most of his support.

And Thaksin did a pretty good job of sharing the Thai wealth with the people. It's just that he made sure he got most of it. Thaksin also didn't do much for the long term benefit of the poor. It was just short term to get votes so that he could continue to rip off the country.

I am puzzled what did he do for them that is visible today. I here that he loaned them money and many have not paid it back they used it to by nonessentials rather than needed equipment and supplies.

He made hospitalization cheap but the problem was to utilize this service many had to spend more money in travel and housing costs than to just pay the medical.

I was not here and these are things I have heard feel free to correct me.

Please no bias responses facts only please. I have enough bias myself I don't need yours.

After all this I-love-Thaksin stuff, please allow me to put a dampener.

Thaksin did spread his wealth, after acquiring it at the cost of Thailand of course. He spread his wealth into ideas that were rushed in, again to the cost of Thailand.

Examples - the 30 Baht healthcare scheme, the Loans for Farmers schemes.

It was known at the time that these schemes needed more research before being effectively implemented but Thaksin, being a politician, did not care for future generations as long as it made him look good to the majority of Thailand, who have never paid any taxes. It is Abhisit's government that is having to deal with the results of both of these examples of poor governance, and in my humble opinion he is doing a pretty good job with the resources available to him. I highly doubt Thaksin could do any better - unless you're one of those types who consider there's less crime just because less gets reported.

The guy was a cancer to Thailand's economy. In fact he was more like a swollen pair of female breasts - you can't complain at the bigger rack at first but sooner or later you have to deal with the problem.

Still though, maybe the pro-Thaksin crowd can point to one of his policies that actually did help Thailand rather than defend those which didn't. Anyone? (And please don't say the War on Drugs.)

After all this I-love-Thaksin stuff, please allow me to put a dampener....

[ for brevity]

...The guy was a cancer to Thailand's economy. In fact he was more like a swollen pair of female breasts - you can't complain at the bigger rack at first but sooner or later you have to deal with the problem.

Still though, maybe the pro-Thaksin crowd can point to one of his policies that actually did help Thailand rather than defend those which didn't. Anyone? (And please don't say the War on Drugs.)

Not quite.

A swollen pair of female breasts are pleasing to the eye,

and serve a useful purpose in procreation, and in raising children.

Thaksin can NOT say the same.

In the long run, and that's what REALLY counts,

Thakasins policies have been failures, except to sustain his myth.

Edited by animatic

Thailand Bluegrass - I love your post. It would be too time consuming to point out the huge number of false assumptions and historical mis-remembrances. With supporters like you, Thaksin will never be lonely.

Nor subject to critical observations skills, commentary and dissenting opinions. Bill Monroe would not be amused.

Edited by animatic

So with all of these replies from pro-abhisit or anti-thaksin I havn't seen any real posts regarding what Abhisit HAS done since being in office?

Thaksin was self made BEFORE he bacame corrupt I think.

First he was a police-man (ok so they're corrupt too) and through some smart investments he went to China and had a satalite built and launched THEN came back to Thailand and opened his mobile companies. (dam_n smart)

He opened the education system up for English studies

He knows that Thailand (in the business world) cannot survive without decent internet

Then he was like Robin Hood stealing from the rich and giving to the poor (while lining his pockets too admited).

Either way he made money fly ALL around Thailand and not JUST in Bkk to the elite.

He gave to the farmers to buy tractors and rice farming equipment (not his fault if they spent a lot of it on lao khao)

He was a true Business man that the world would sooner trust to invest in Thailand rather then having International companies scratching their heads to decide on investinghere or not.

Im not painting him to be a saint but just saying that in these days and ages with his experience he would ALSO have to move into the bright ages and not stay in the dark. I'm sure he would have changed his bad ways to go with the "New age" as it came.

One poster said that why would I be thinking only of ME to bring Thaksin back but this I don't get/ How would it benifit ME? I'm just a visitor to this country with nothing but time on my hands these days to post here. lol.

But I will say one thing; I sure know how to get things going here on TV hahahahhahah

Good point. Look what Hitler did for a broken Germany in the 1930s.

So with all of these replies from pro-abhisit or anti-thaksin I havn't seen any real posts regarding what Abhisit HAS done since being in office?

First he was a police-man (ok so they're corrupt too) and through some smart investments he went to China and had a satalite built and launched THEN came back to Thailand and opened his mobile companies. (dam_n smart)

He opened the education system up for English studies

He knows that Thailand (in the business world) cannot survive without decent internet

Then he was like Robin Hood stealing from the rich and giving to the poor (while lining his pockets too admited).

Either way he made money fly ALL around Thailand and not JUST in Bkk to the elite.

He gave to the farmers to buy tractors and rice farming equipment (not his fault if they spent a lot of it on lao khao)

He was a true Business man that the world would sooner trust to invest in Thailand rather then having International companies scratching their heads to decide on investinghere or not.

Im not painting him to be a saint but just saying that in these days and ages with his experience he would ALSO have to move into the bright ages and not stay in the dark. I'm sure he would have changed his bad ways to go with the "New age" as it came.

One poster said that why would I be thinking only of ME to bring Thaksin back but this I don't get/ How would it benifit ME? I'm just a visitor to this country with nothing but time on my hands these days to post here. lol.

But I will say one thing; I sure know how to get things going here on TV hahahahhahah

"Thaksin was self made BEFORE he bacame corrupt I think. " - you don't think he might have been corrupt before he did anything?

"He opened the education system up for English studies" - is that why Isaan girls speak English so well? I don't think he did ANYTHING for the education system,

"He knows that Thailand (in the business world) cannot survive without decent internet" - which is why he owned AIS - to make money.

"Then he was like Robin Hood stealing from the rich and giving to the poor (while lining his pockets too admited). Either way he made money fly ALL around Thailand and not JUST in Bkk to the elite." - He was stealing from the middle class to give to himself. He made the money to fly around ALL of Thailand, particularly to people who voted for him, and mostly for him.

"He gave to the farmers to buy tractors and rice farming equipment (not his fault if they spent a lot of it on lao khao)" - He gave to them so they would vote for him. He didn't care what they spent it on or if they got into debt because of it.

"Then he was like Robin Hood stealing from the rich and giving to the poor (while lining his pockets too admited)." - mostly while lining his pockets, and giving to the rich businessmen and pooyai bahns that got the poor to vote for him.

"He was a true Business man that the world would sooner trust" - it seems only third world countries trust him ... if he pays them enough.

"Im not painting him to be a saint" - what exactly are you painting him as?????

"I'm sure he would have changed his bad ways to go with the "New age" as it came. " - I'm sure they say that about Mugabe and Mubarak too.

"But I will say one thing; I sure know how to get things going here on TV hahahahhahah" - So, do you believe anything you type, or are you just trying to get a reaction?

i managed to drag myself away from my 100,000 baht TV and i went touring rural Thailand

i saw good roads, good communications, lots of new and nearly pick up trucks and many Benz & BMW

i saw lots of cement houses, big and small.

not so many houses of wood and stilts anymore

i saw that almost everyone has a mobile phone, i saw big screen TV's not unlike my own

i saw lots and lots of new and nearly new motorbikes

i saw 7-11's selling stuff at the same prices as in tourist areas

i saw lots of fat bellies, vast tables of food, lots of beer and whisky drinking & lots of food being consumed in restaurants

i saw lots of money being spent by locals at rural markets

i saw that people paying motorbike taxis to travel just a few hundred meters instead of walking

i was told by the people that they were getting free hospital treatment, free electric, free water, free schools, free books and uniforms, free computers for schools, grants for students

i heard of pensions of 500 baht a month for old folks

what i did not see was these rural poor trying to drag themselves out of poverty by any means possible

(which presumably includes taking Thaksin's 500 baht a day to be part of a revolutionary terrorist organization)

i looked everywhere for them, but could not find them

maybe they are all living high on the hog from the money sent home by the little ladies on bar stools........

it seems to me that change has already come to Thailand at the hands of Abhisit.

it would get even better even quicker, if convicted criminals like Thaksin and his band of paid and brainwashed red revolutionaries would let him get on with it

same with the PAD, shut up, you have no support even in the capital so lets move on

Pm in this country is a shit job and he inherited a lot of shit with it but just now there is no other credible option other than Abhisit, Korn and the Democrats

just think how much money the red revolution cost Thailand ?

then think how many hospitals, schools, dams, reservoirs and kilometers of road the money the reds cost this country would have built?

how many improvements could have been made if Thaksin had not looted the countries coffers?

how much even if he and his family had just paid his taxes on the AIS deal?

oh sorry, i forgot he changed the law to avoid doing just that

how public spirited of him......

Thaksin is a spent force, he daren't come back to Thailand

he would need to live in a nuclear bunker

he would be assassinated within weeks, if not days..........

The future leader of the Pheu Thai Party (in sombrero):

nongpuyinglux.jpg

Ably served by the second echelon of leadership of the Pheu Thai Party:

220pxjatupornratchapras.jpgchalermyoobamrung.jpgchavalitpt03.jpg

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO " EARN " FROM YOUR OWN LABOUR THIS TYPE OF MONEY . NOT BY ANYONE . NOT ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD . IT IS POSSIBLE FOR A NATION . BUT THE NATIONS DONT HAVE THIS TYPE OF MONEY FOR THE PEOPLE ?

I had a quick look but can`t seem to find it anywhere.

Has the Pheu Thai Party made any reply to Abhists request to name thier leader or have they ust chosen to ignore him??

The future leader of the Pheu Thai Party (in sombrero):

nongpuyinglux.jpg

Ably served by the second echelon of leadership of the Pheu Thai Party:

220pxjatupornratchapras.jpgchalermyoobamrung.jpgchavalitpt03.jpg

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO " EARN " FROM YOUR OWN LABOUR THIS TYPE OF MONEY . NOT BY ANYONE . NOT ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD . IT IS POSSIBLE FOR A NATION . BUT THE NATIONS DONT HAVE THIS TYPE OF MONEY FOR THE PEOPLE ?

You think wrong.

But don't let your ignorance of facts stand in youe way of loving the man. Go on, let us know what you really think.

Ps. How do you think he got the exclusive contract to supply the policed with computers? Or the license to set up the phone company AIS? Or to build the satellite? And so on. Ds.