Wtf Is Going On With B5

WinnieTheKhwai

I noticed at the petrol stations in Chiang Mai that Biodiesel is now exactly the same price as regular diesel.. Does anyone know why that is?

I love saving the environment (and driving up prices of food at the same time), but when regular diesel is the same price then I might as well go back to handing my money over to the Saudis in order to power the truck..

EDIT: It seems it's not only a Chiang Mai issue:

post-64232-0-60796600-1296878663_thumb.p

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Most of the information on this comes from the Bangkok Post so no link or quotes. The general idea on your question is that Palm Oil, the number one feed for production of B5 was just about wiped out this past rainy season therefor making it the same as diesel. Yes PTT is 30.74 in Chiang Mai. I know of one Cozmo station on the Doi Saket highway that has it for 30.54. Go back 2 years ago and I remember it was 45 baht per liter (B5) and 91 at 50 baht per liter.

Where do they sell regular diesel? I have only been offered the Bio stuff.

All full service PTT stations.

And where are these located at :unsure:

I,m not being funny but there most be 50 in the Chiang Mai area alone and a few thousand all over Thailand. They are the largest supplier of fuel in Thailand. Just keep your eye open and btw every station that I have puled into that has B5 also has Diesel so someone is pulling your leg.

I,m not being funny but there most be 50 in the Chiang Mai area alone and a few thousand all over Thailand. They are the largest supplier of fuel in Thailand. Just keep your eye open and btw every station that I have puled into that has B5 also has Diesel so someone is pulling your leg.

Well, Esso at Hang dong road only have B5. And if coming from Hang Dong road and take right at the Aiport intersection, there is a

PTT after about 100m, they also only have B5. :rolleyes:

BTW, do you know a place who sells 95 benzine ?

I'll prepare a list of PTT - and while I'm at it - all the 7/11s too. May take some time!

Someone will be asking how to best to wipe their a ................next!

Well, Esso at Hang dong road only have B5. And if coming from Hang Dong road and take right at the Aiport intersection, there is a

PTT after about 100m, they also only have B5. :rolleyes:

That's the problem living in the Dong.:lol: Between Doi Saket (118) and the super highway I pass one independent station, 2 Cosmos, 1 Caltex,2 PTT stations and 2 LPG stations except for the lpg they all have b5 and diesel. from the super high to Tha Pae Gate I pass 2 Esso and a Shell all with b5 and diesel. As for 95 no idea only 91. As I said all station at the moment are 30.74 except the one Cosmo at 30.54.

Agricultural prices have soared 70% from the low point in May. This also happened in 1997, 2004 and 2008 and every time they came back down as fast as they went up. So I expect biofuels to be back at a cheaper price when that happens, probably later this year. Great for the farmers but it doesn't seem to last.

"I'll prepare a list of PTT - and while I'm at it - all the 7/11s too. May take some time!"

While you are at it, you could include where to buy a hamburger, get a haircut etc etc. I'm sure it willbe appreciated by some members. :rolleyes:

Certain Shell service stations still sell 95 octanenpetrol / benzine. Heading out of town on the HangDong Road, just past Tesco Lotus on the same side. Then there's another nearby to the railway station - again moth same side of the road. There's probably more too.

95 octane petrol is expensive though!