Iphone 3Gs Jailbreak/Unlock Assistance In Pattaya

trisailer

My wife and I brought our 3gs iphones with us from the states believing that it was a simple process to unlock them and use a local sim. I got lazy and took them to a character (mr. X) in Tuk-Comm who wanted me to leave them with him for 2 hours. I explained that I had no intention of letting them out of my sight before he began. Anyway, he caused on of them to be unresponsive to my attempts to jailbreak it using redsnow. I finally made it all the way to the pineapple which appeared to be booting it up, but each time it returns to the apple logo and then the restore logo.

I'm running out of things to try after many, many hours researching how I might revover these phones and I'm open to sugestions.

Is there someone in Pattaya who has significant expertise with unlocking these phones? Greenpoison just released a unteatherd unlock that looks like we may be getting close to hassel free operation. I can't believe that there isn't someone in Pattaya who can get our phones usable.

thanks

i can unlock it for you in minutes .. but well going to pattaya not every day ...

however iam sure in TuKom there are many shops may do that for just a few bahts

Edited by nullx8

great advice nullx8... I tried the new greenpoison jb and it worked!! Thanks.

I had read about this new unteathered JB but couldn't download it from any of the places I looked. This is particularly good because it is an unteatherd JB.

Still a few bugs to work out but the phones are usable.

thanks again.

I was able to JB/unlock both phones and so far they appear to be working perfectly. This JB worked on my phone immediately but I am so far unable to restore my apps and their data. I had taken my phone to Tuk-comm where Mr. X attempted to JB it and he may have done something to it.

My wifes 3gs is identical to mine and I had to run the redsnow JB first before the new greenpoison would work. Hers didn't even need to be restored, all her apps and data was intact.

If anyone has any ideas how I can get my apps with their data back onto my phone I would like to hear them.

thanks

- Update the OS with itunes (this will erase all data on the OS Partition) ..

- then do factory reset including all personal data remove

- sync with itunes (al your data will be back on the phone after that) (including SMS and call history and whatever)

- JB it again with redsnow ...

- Hard Reboot the device

finish

your trouble probably comes from your try before ... its better to make a fresh start

JB will not change anything on your datadrive ... so its very unlikely the process did something on your data ... (maybe the guy in TuKom sync it with his itunes (which may replaced/chnaged/deleted some data)