Western Style Card Shop

TheJalapenoKid

Hi

I'm pretty sure that i saw an advert the other week for a western style card shop (birthdays, christmas etc) somewhere near the train station... i had a look around all 3 small complexes there but couldn't see anything... anybody seen this place or was this a dream? I'm pretty sure they were selling Clinton Card branded goods.

Many thanks

There is a advert in the AWOL newspaper for this place.

Looking at it now and it says it's called "PATS GREETINGS CARDS" and is located at Railway Plaza Today, main entrance right of 7-11.

The ad says they do indeed sell Clinton Cards as well as Hallmark ones.

I used to always search out western style cards then I found that Villa had some really nice Thai hand made cards with rice stalk on Thai silk, printed Happy Birthday and blank inside, or generic ones blank on the inside and out, they cost 30 Baht each.

Have to say they they are pretty classy and much appreciated when I send to family and friends in my home country.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a advert in the AWOL newspaper for this place.

Looking at it now and it says it's called "PATS GREETINGS CARDS" and is located at Railway Plaza Today, main entrance right of 7-11.

The ad says they do indeed sell Clinton Cards as well as Hallmark ones.

I have been there and got a surprisingly decent Latte free of charge

from an advert in AWOL,dunno if offer still running though

It was served by a very pleasant pretty girl called Pat who speaks

good english and was very helpful

must say a fairly good selection of cards available

so it looks like my regular trudge around for party cards is sorted - hooray !

DP

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure whether it's relative, but I see there is a new site that's popped up selling traditional western style printed greeting cards online for folks staying in Thailand !

http://www.thaicardshop.com

Checked it out over a couple of days last week and I see they are changing cards daily, not used them so I don't know about quality etc. Oh, and I see they offer to write your message in Thai for you if you need it translating.

G.

Edited by Perce2

• 3 months later...

Just a update that this place has recently moved.

It is now on the Chomsin Road, opposite The Buffalo Tavern.

Went in today and bought a very reasonably priced Hallmark birthday card, they have a great selection on offer.

Also had a cup of coffee whilst I was there, nice relaxing spot to while away a couple of hours.