PAD To March This Friday

Lite Beer

PAD to march this Friday

BANGKOK, 6 January 2011 (NNT) - The People’s Alliance for Democracy (PAD) has announced that the group will move its supporters to rally at key locations to apply more pressure on the Premier and the cabinet to resign.

Having reached the census on Feb 5 relative to how they should step up the intensity of their rally, The PAD said it would at 9 a.m. on Friday February 11th start moving its crowds to different strategic locations, which had yet to be disclosed, to pressure Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva to step down, automatically forcing the cabinet to resign. The group, known as the yellow shirt, has also set up a ' National Protection Committee' whose mission is to see to it that its three-point demand is met by the administration.

The yellow shirts have demanded that the Premier call it quits, accusing him of failing in his effort to run the country as well as failing to resolve the Thai-Cambodian border dispute which led to the worst border fight in the past few years, claiming at least five lives on both sides.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-02-06 footer_n.gif

Let me get this sraight in a democratic country a group can take over an airport and government house to get new government. Then same party when tired of the present government just comes back tells them to go or they will be thrown out too. It is so nice to see democracy in action. How times have changed Democracy I thought it was a government that represents the people not a special interest group. I quess a few people in yellow are the only people here. Everyone else is just cannon fodder or cheap labour.

Edited by lovelomsak

And how much of this nonsense has really got anything to do with a cabbage patch between Thailand and Cambodia? I am certain - but I have no evidence - that there are greater forces behind all this nonsense than at first appears to be the case. The issue is only a suitable peg on which to mount yet another anti-government campaign. Now let's speculate: Hun Sen is still in bed with Khun Thaksin. On the face of it they have parted company, but no, they have adopted a new strategy. How about dividing Abhisit's supporters into two camps thus weakening the opposition to Puea Thai and thus making it easier for Thaksin to come back and grab the country, once again, as his personal fiefdom? What emotive issue could be concocted to make this division? Why? Let's fight over the cabbage patch, says Thaksin to Hun Sen. So here is a piece of land that no one was very much interested in before and has now become a major political attraction. Very clever so far. Now go and ask the rank and file demonstrators where this piece of land is exactly. I have no evidence but I have a gut feeling that not many could not pinpoint the exact location. So why are they demonstrating and how did Thaksin, that arch manipulator, manage to get the yellows to do his dirty work for him? Very easy because, as I have said before, complete control of a population is not dependent on good argumentation of policies and opportunities .... just like Hitler and other leaders before and since .. mass psychology relies on the exploitation of emotion and emotive issues. Now what could be more emotive than giving land away, for no reason, to an 'enemy' and then very rapidly building a case against the PM to blame him for the great give away of soveriegn land. Emotional stuff, eh? Except anyone with a half a brain can see through this shambles and there lies Thaksin's strength. He has always relied on the emotion of the missing brain .............

Edited by ianf

And how much of this nonsense has really got anything to do with a cabbage patch between Thailand and Cambodia? I am certain - but I have no evidence - that there are greater forces behind all this nonsense than at first appears to be the case. The issue is only a suitable peg on which to mount yet another anti-government campaign. Now let's speculate: Hun Sen is still in bed with Khun Thaksin. On the face of it they have parted company, but no, they have adopted a new strategy. How about dividing Abhisit's supporters into two camps thus weakening the opposition to Puea Thai and thus making it easier for Thaksin to come back and grab the country, once again, as his personal fiefdom? What emotive issue could be concocted to make this division? Why? Let's fight over the cabbage patch, says Thaksin to Hun Sen. So here is a piece of land that no one was very much interested in before and has now become a major political attraction. Very clever so far. Now go and ask the rank and file demonstrators where this piece of land is exactly. I have no evidence but I have a gut feeling that not many could not pinpoint the exact location. So why are they demonstrating and how did Thaksin, that arch manipulator, manage to get the yellows to do his dirty work for him? Very easy because, as I have said before, complete control of a population is not dependent on good argumentation of policies and opportunities .... just like Hitler and other leaders before and since .. mass psychology relies on the exploitation of emotion and emotive issues. Now what could be more emotive than giving land away, for no reason, to an 'enemy' and then very rapidly building a case against the PM to blame him for the great give away of soveriegn land. Emotional stuff, eh? Except anyone with a half a brain can see through this shambles and there lies Thaksin's strength. He has always relied on the emotion of the missing brain .............

I understand now so your understanding is Thaksin has infiltrated the yellow shirts and is now sending spies to Cambodia and having them go to jail for 8 years great idea and not only that he has people demonstarting in Bangkok, dressed in yellow. Yes quite a clever guy huh.

I understand now so your understanding is Thaksin has infiltrated the yellow shirts and is now sending spies to Cambodia and having them go to jail for 8 years great idea and not only that he has people demonstarting in Bangkok, dressed in yellow. Yes quite a clever guy huh.

I think you miss my point and the following poster should understand that many posters post opinions as 'fact' and the point of stating that this as an opinion is that I do not, at any time, wish to claim a monopoly on truth as so many posters do. However, I advanced a theory, an interesting one, for discussion. There is no suggestion of 'infiltrating' rather there is an idea of manipulation which can be easily done. For example, the left in the UK has manipulated the political stage for years, which is why the Tories in the UK now express views and policies that were under the ownership of the left 30/40 years ago. Open your mind just a little and try to find an alternate take on these events. One thing we may all agree on is that things in Thailand are never as straightforward as they seem.....and my post was devised to see if we can advance this discussion just a little. So is there anyone with anything valuable to contribute?

<snip>

How about dividing Abhisit's supporters into two camps thus weakening the opposition to Puea Thai

<snip>

He's not doing a very good job of dividing. The yellow shirts can only get a couple of thousand to support them, and it potentially makes the borderline reds support Abhisit too.

Let me get this sraight in a democratic country a group can take over an airport and government house to get new government. Then same party when tired of the present government just comes back tells them to go or they will be thrown out too. It is so nice to see democracy in action. How times have changed Democracy I thought it was a government that represents the people not a special interest group. I quess a few people in yellow are the only people here. Everyone else is just cannon fodder or cheap labour.

You are seriously mistaken if you harbour the delusion that only those who wear yellow are cheap labour.

Try propaganda from birth as your starting point.

He should send more friends. LOL :cheesy:

Actually I doubt he has any friends. The people around him all have there hand in his wallet.

Now let me get this straight.

Feb. 2 2011 The Yellow shirts gave The Government a ultimatum that boiled down to start a war by Feb. 5 2011 or we will do some thing.

Feb. 5 2011 three days are up.

Feb. 6 2011 Yellow shirts say they are going to have protest rallies on Feb. 11 2011

Stay tuned it looks like they are going to take a holiday to switch there feet in there mouth.

More to come.B)

Edited by jayjay0

Actually I doubt he has any friends. The people around him all have there hand in his wallet.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when they break it to Veera that, just as he is settling in for his 8 year holiday, he finds out he has been working for Thaksin all this time.

If Thaksin returns, he is still convicted of a felony. Doesn't that preclude him serving on the national political scene?

I am not suggesting that his involvement in politics would stop, but I don't think he can hold an office.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when they break it to Veera that, just as he is settling in for his 8 year holiday, he finds out he has been working for Thaksin all this time.

How many times have you seen Thaksin in the same photograph as Abhisit? Never. I can't prove it but I believe that Abhisit and Thaksin are one and the same person and that person could well be Hun Sen out for total world domination. I'm sure anybody with half a brain out there will see the truth and logic in this .

You are seriously mistaken if you harbour the delusion that only those who wear yellow are cheap labour.

Try propaganda from birth as your starting point.

I quess english isnot your first language by your post. Please read agian and try a little harder this time to grasp what is written.

I would say Hun Sen is exploiting the divisions in Thailand with these border attacks,adding fuel to the fire and hoping to add to the numbers in the PAD to unsettle the government. But it won't work unless the PAD can dramatically increase their numbers, and I can't see that happening.

Let Jamlong and Sonthi try to take over Government House on Friday and put them in jail.

What sort of numbers did the yellow shirts get over the weekend? Have they hit the 5000 mark yet?

The number of Yellow is not important.

1 Yellow = 10 No color Shirt = 100 Reds

Since 6 years, the Yellows MAKE politic life in Thailand thanks to their POWERFUL support.

A Yellow's wish is an order.

The Yellows wanted a war, they got it.

What sort of numbers did the yellow shirts get over the weekend? Have they hit the 5000 mark yet?

Since 6 years, the Yellows MAKE politic life in Thailand thanks to their POWERFUL support.

Actually, I'd go more along the lines of 1 Yellow = 10 Reds = 100 No colour.

I don't think the powerful support will mean much if they don't get considerable people support as well.

New Politics Party Defends Participation at PAD Rally

The New Politics Party has lashed out at the prime minister for accusing the People's Alliance for Democracy of having hidden political agenda.

Yesterday, Deputy Leader of the New Politics Party, Samran Rodpetch, criticized Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and others for accusing the People's Alliance for Democracy or the PAD of having hidden political agenda in organizing the current anti-government protest.

Samran also defended the party's members who are participating in the PAD rally, denying that it is a political campaign.

Samran pointed out that the party's members haved joined the rally because the party has strong ties with the PAD.

He said the protestors' demand for the resignation of the current administration was brought on because of the government's reluctance to deal with Thai-Cambodian issue, not for the political gains of the New Politics Party.

In addition, Samran expressed support for the soldiers on duty along the border.

Samran also urged Army Chief General Prayuth Chan-ocha, who recently told the press that war hungry protesters should come to the border if they want war, to be more careful with his words and to admit the fact that Thailand has already lost its territorial in the area surrounding Preah Vihear Temple.

Samran added that Thailand may lose more territory because Cambodia does not honor the memorandum of understanding signed with the Thai government in 2000.

He repudiated the claim made by the government that the memorandum prevents clashes, pointing to ongoing border clashes as proof.

Samran predicts the prime minister may dissolve the House and call for a new election as soon as the charter change and the midyear budget processes are completed.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-02-07

footer_n.gif

Cambodia shot at a school neither Yellow nor Thai Army nor some mysterious powerful people.

PM Challenges PAD to Debate

The prime minister has accused the People's Alliance for Democracy of distorting facts and suggested that the group's refusal to negotiate with the government shows its hidden political agenda.

The prime minister says the government is still open to talks and is willing to debate the issue.

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said during an interview that he is suspicious that the People's Alliance for Democracy or PAD is distorting the facts, and suggested that the group has hidden political agenda after its leaders refused to negotiate with the government.

Abhisit also said he is willing to talk with the protesters and to take part in a debate on the issue.

The premier also commented on the PAD's recent demand for him and his Cabinet to resign, calling the demand unsurprising.

Meanwhile, the police force has been ordered to oversee security at the rally site.

The prime minister also talked about the ongoing Thai-Cambodian conflict, saying it could still be solved with a bilateral talk without the need of intervention from ASEAN, and the negotiation could be based on the framework of the joint border committee.

Abhisit reiterated that the Memorandum of Understanding of 2000 is a tool that could diffuse the cross border conflict.

He also reported that the Thai and Cambodian foreign ministers are currently holding talks, and whether a summit between the leadership of the two countries will take place depends on the situation.

At any rate, the prime minister vowed that the Thai military will not withdraw from the disputed area as demanded by Cambodia.

He also pointed out that the Thai government has submitted a letter to the United Nations, explaining the border clashes.

tanlogo.jpg

footer_n.gif

Yellow-shirts Wants New Govt, to Relocate Rally on Friday

The People’s Alliance for Democracy has scheduled to relocate this Friday, after announcing plans to intensify its rally.

The yellow-shirt group now demands that the prime minister and his Cabinet leave office immediately.

Core leader of the People’s Alliance for Democracy or PAD, Major General Chamlong Srimuang (), said the group’s supporters agreed that their goal should be to chase out the prime minister and his Cabinet.

Therefore, the group will relocate its rally on Friday, to pressure the prime minister to protect the country’s sovereignty.

He refused to disclose the destination at this time.

Chamlong said the PM has been trying to say the country has not loss territory to Cambodia when in fact it has, be it the 4.6 square kilometers around Preah Vihear Temple or Ban Nongjan, as the two areas are now occupied by Cambodians, while Thais are barred to enter the areas.

He claims that this proves Thailand has already lost territory to Cambodia.

Chamlong reiterated that the PAD protest is not for personal gain. He said its aim is to protect the country from losing territory.

PAD Spokesman Panthep Puapongpan said the decision to chase out the PM and the Cabinet stemmed from their inability to protect the country’s sovereignty.

He said that although a ceasefire has been called and clashes had temporarily subsided, Cambodian troops remained on disputed territory.

He added that the failure of the government to counter Cambodia’s statement upholding the map ratio of 1:200,000 (read:one to two hundred thousand), which came out six days ago, may weaken the country’s stance on the border issue on the international stage.

He added that the recent clashes between Thai and Cambodian troops stemmed from the memorandum of understanding of 2000, as Cambodian troops have violated the disputed territory in many spots.

With the MoU in place, Panthep believes more clashes will occur, highlighting the significance of the group's demand for the government to tear up the MoU.

He also slammed the PM for not evicting Cambodian troops from Thai territory and for not having a reasonable explanation as to why Thai soldiers were attacked on disputed land.

Panthep said these incidents prove the MoU puts Cambodia at an advantage, because it would have cancelled the MoU a long time ago had it been at a disadvantage.

PAD coordinator Prapan Khunmee said the PM has refused to listen to the people and is trying to mislead the public into misunderstanding that the PAD has a hidden agenda.

He said the PM’s rejection of the Cambodian map with a ratio of 1:200,000 (read:one to two hundred thousand) goes against his action of still allowing Cambodian troops to remain on disputed territory.

He added that the PAD has never criticized soldiers for doing their job.

Prapan also said it is not the PAD that is using these issues for political gains, it seems the PM is the one doing so.

tanlogo.jpg

footer_n.gif