Worse Case Scenario(S)?

eek

I was a passenger on a bike today, and as we turned a corner we nearly hit a man crossing the road. Was a bit of a close call, and got us thinking about what would have happened had we hit him.

Wish to plan ahead in case of any accident in the future. Obviously hoping the advice will not be needed, but good to know what kind of protocol to go through.

Any advice/experience on this would be helpful.

---

As an aside, i have a Thai drivers license, but the driver today just has his license from his home country. His bike is taxed and insured (3rd party). No idea if his license would be an issue (not an International Drivers license.). He (as i, at this time) is on a Tourist Visa.

So the rider is unlicensed to ride in thailand.

If you'd have an accident, you'd be in deep shit. An International permit, or a Thai drivers license would be necessary to get around here without a problem.

If you'd like to apply for a Thai license go to the Immigration in Patt., pay 500 baht and they'll change your hotel address into your home Addy.

Then go to the Transportation office on the way to Chonburi and pass the test. If you can't answer the questions, another bill will fix the problem.

Good luck! :jap:

So the rider is unlicensed to ride in thailand.

If you'd have an accident, you'd be in deep shit. An International permit, or a Thai drivers license would be necessary to get around here without a problem.

If you'd like to apply for a Thai license go to the Immigration in Patt., pay 500 baht and they'll change your hotel address into your home Addy.

Then go to the Transportation office on the way to Chonburi and pass the test. If you can't answer the questions, another bill will fix the problem.

Good luck! :jap:

disagree

anyone here on a tourist visa for max 90 days, is allowed to ride bikes/ drive car according to their home country lisence as long as it is in english language. I have had several accidents here on TR during my 8 years and +400k km, all covered by Insurance

the compulsory 3rd party insurance on a bike covers close to nothing. aditional 3rd party insurance is availabe. Check Thaivisainsurance.com

being involved in a fatal accident, bail or bailbondinsurance at 200k baht is needed

There is no deep shit, just be polite and nice, if it's your fault then tell them that you accept that it is your fault and call your insurance company. If it's not your fault, then tell them that you do not accept that and... call your insurance company. The insurance will pay if the driver has a drivers license in English (regardless of it is an international or not)

Most importantly: Be nice and friendly

Edited by MikeyIdea