Point Of Grammar On A Menu

Hi fellas.

Mooching around the resorts and restaurants as I do I came across this yesterday. I found it confusing. I'd like to know how you - the public - read the meaning.

If you saw the following on a menu how would you interpret it? My feeling is that visitors to Samui (most people really) would be confused by it.

QUOTE:

"The XXX offers several exciting set menus in three individual types of cuisine. Firstly, there’s the ‘XXX Dinner Menu’ presenting three 2-course sets, each course with a choice of four dishes."

If you read this exactly what would you expect? i) to see four different dishes on your table? Or ii) to find yourself selecting 2-courses from 4 different dishes?

Answers on a postcard to ...

Cheers!

R

Maybe a canidate for "Kitchen Nightmares".

I also find it funny when foreign restaurants also offer Thai food.

Italian and Thai food. What's up with that?

Is it perhaps you may enjoy a good lasagna while your girl can enjoy her chicken pad krapao or somtum?

Simple. 2 courses each of which has 4 choices.:blink:

Same same

Likewise - how many dishes would you then be served with altogether? Two or four?

You have two courses. Each course you choose one of four dishes.

I think.....stop confusing things! :D

the question remains, if it is possible to change from 2 courses with 4 choices per course to 3 courses with...ahm...2,6666666666 choices per course.

Naturally, the 0,6666666666 in this case would stand for food which is not 100% food quantitative equals 1, but 6666666666%-wise. Hope, they have that in their menu.

Or if it is possible to change to 1 course 1 choice home delivery Sunday Indian meal as much as you want Penang style++?