Ayutthaya House Rental

Hello,

I recently landed a great job in Bangpa-in. I currently live in Pattaya, have for the past 5 years. I am trying to move to the Bangpa-in / Ayutthaya area and have had no luck finding any decent housing for rent. There are a lot of nice places for sale, but nothing for rent that I could find. I realize most people who work in this area live in Bangkok or Rangsit so no need to reply with those kind of answers, just wondering if anyone can help me find a decent house in the area.

Looking for a house, not apartment... 15 / 20 minutes to Bangpa-in industrial estate.

Thanks,

There are plenty of houses for rent in Ayutthaya. However, you do have to do the leg work to find them. If your budget runs to 20,000 Baht/month or more, have a look at Moobaan Maliwan (past the train station, almost to the Asia Highway, on the left) or the Krung Sri Moobaan (on the left heading out towards the Golden Mount I think - it's been a few years since I last visited it).

However, I would have expected your employer to give you some help finding somewhere to live, provide a secretary to drive you around in the likely locations.

Failing that, hang around a few expat places and you should pick up a few leads. In Ayutthaya, Steve's Place (MM Guest House/Sherwood House) would be a good start, or The Palate's Lure or Chang House both on Soi Farang.