Samui Accidents (Again!)

That pretty much confirms what I have thought since my first year leaving here i.e. Thais are about the worst drivers in the world. DO be VERY careful anytime you drive or ride on any road in Thailand.

I've travelled the world extensively, and never seen drivers as bad as in Thailand.

I suspect that you exaggerate to make a point. I have seen far worse driving in Africa, India and Sri Lanka, but as I was only there for 3/4 weeks at a time, it paled into insignificance compared to all of the gorgeous sights.

However, as I live on Samui - I do see bad driving every hour. The standard here is very bad (but not the worst in the world).

I dont exaggerate one bit. IN MY EXPERIENCE Thais are the worst drivers I have ever seen in the world.

i think it is everyone has there own thought on where the worst drivers are,

here are some links

http://www.gadling.com/2010/05/05/the-worlds-10-worst-drivers/

http://savvytraveler.publicradio.org/show/letters/2000/20000311/1.shtml

http://www.roadjunky.com/article/2103/the-worst-drivers-in-the-world

most articles state Italians are the worst drivers in the world...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, anybody who does not wear a helmet on the motorbike, is a complete and utter fool and deserves whatever he gets .

Oh, so someone that does'nt wear a helmet deserves to die do they? What a stupid comment to make and i would add that many of us have lost close friends on this island from bike accidents. Has anyone btw described you as a helmet? :lol:

yep u beat me to his pointless point. In old sailor35 opium. they should be put to death and have capital punishment for not wearing a helmet.

so what would your policies be for a proper crime like birglery. if u think the death penalty show be for people that do not wear helmets then u must have an even bigger punishment for proper crimes. or should everone be put to death the moment they cross the line.

i like it it. like old fashon war time!

maybe by your standard they shoukld walk the plank. with a helmet on though !

That pretty much confirms what I have thought since my first year leaving here i.e. Thais are about the worst drivers in the world. DO be VERY careful anytime you drive or ride on any road in Thailand.

I've travelled the world extensively, and never seen drivers as bad as in Thailand.

I suspect that you exaggerate to make a point. I have seen far worse driving in Africa, India and Sri Lanka, but as I was only there for 3/4 weeks at a time, it paled into insignificance compared to all of the gorgeous sights.

However, as I live on Samui - I do see bad driving every hour. The standard here is very bad (but not the worst in the world).

you may have seen what ever you saw, very cool that you saw all that wherever...but the satistics are the statistics. 12,000 DEAD, not just hurt, DEAD. Thailand number 19 in the world in terms of population, Thailand number 2 in terms of traffic fatalities, DEAD. Ergo, Thai roads, and I would then, excuse me for this...logically...concluded, Thais are the worst drivers on the planet...if you think, of course, that driving that kills people is "bad"