Whats The Deal With The 7-11 Stickers?

HalfSquat

What are you supposed to do with those stickers they give you from 7-11?

I see by the door sometimes there is a big poster with them all stuck on - what for?

Are they like Football Stickers or do you collect them for tokens?

Very confusing.

Collect enough and you get a free something or other.

I've heard somewhere that you can use them in 7-11 as money, although I'm not sure how true that is. Come to think of it, I think I read that on ThaiVisa which means that it is probably not true at all.

Depending on how many of those little sticker you do collect, you can then redime them for the corresponding "prize" (?), the small points with silver backgrounds are worth 1 point each, while the big ones with the gold backgrounds are worth 3 points each :lol: i believe the collection time will terminates at the end of this month.

post-73039-0-83325800-1297175563_thumb.j

I've heard somewhere that you can use them in 7-11 as money, although I'm not sure how true that is. Come to think of it, I think I read that on ThaiVisa which means that it is probably not true at all.

Yes it's true Moonrakers, a girl working as a manager kind of explained to me how does it works but her language skills were worse than mines, and i never investigate into it any further, i recall she say the ones worth 3 points were valued as 1 or 3 bahts each to buy stuff in 7/11, the others smaller ones couldn't be used for this purpose....

Yes it's true Moonrakers, a girl working as a manager kind of explained to me how does it works but her language skills were worse than mines, and i never investigate into it any further, i recall she say the ones worth 3 points were valued as 1 or 3 bahts each to buy stuff in 7/11, the others smaller ones couldn't be used for this purpose....

You can use the small ones as money, they are the same as one baht coins, I use them almost every day.

You can use the small ones as money, they are the same as one baht coins, I use them almost every day.

Yes it makes perfect sense, she was either misinformed or i don't know what else, maybe i should just change branch......not that i have any plans of use these things seriously, i just gave away them as soon as they are completed as small presents, the white box is probably the best one on the list, but i don't want my house to look like a toy shop :lol:

I just give mine to whatever Thai is standing in line near me. I always get a smile in return. It's just one more thing I don't need to deal with... whether they are worth anything or not.

I gave up on them when doing a fair sized shopping trip in my local 7. 4 bags worth of crap. The scenario went something like this.....

At the till and my man behind the counter is bagging everything up and handing them to me. I'm not Marvel's Doctor Frigging Octopus so things were becoming decidedly dodgy including my wallet being in my bloody mouth due to lack of digits. One of the bags was full of bottles of water cos my water purifier at home was on the blink and was getting rather heavy. I'd ordered a couple of hot dogs and I have to admit giving the bloke a look when he tried to give them to me to put some relish on. I'm out of hands mate if your eyes and brain were telling you something different. Of course he was most probably just taking the piss to liven up his existence when he realised that his BA from Rajhabat Loei entitled him to a career as taxing as asking whether people wanted a chicken burger or lighter. Needless to say there wasn't any room to place my stuff on the counter due to a) The next customer already putting their stuff down and b)the counter being about as wide as a mouse's cock and taken up with Chubba Chup lollies, straws, plastic bags, pens and a pile of softbacks that nobody buys about some local monk.

After managing to extract my money from my wallet and pay in what must have looked like someone suffering from severe cerebral palsy the guy handed me my change and a shitload of stickers. All this was a bit too much to compute and I had a bit of a mental shutdown relating to what my hands were actually doing, my left one unlocked to take the change and stickers and I dropped the bag of water bottles on my foot. Yes it did hurt like a bastard.

Bloody stickers? The orphans are more deserving of them than me.

Edited by mca

Absolutely true. I was in the queue behind a piss*d security guard who managed to buy a couple of packets of instant noodles with them. He didn't know what the hell he was doing and just held out a bunch of Doraemon stickers. The salesgirl took the monetary equivalent in stickers from him. The gold ones are worth 3 Baht and the smaller silver stickers are worth 1 Baht. Can use them to buy goods or collect them and exchang 'em for certain Doraemon merchandise.

Hurry while stocks last, the promotion ends at the end of this month. :lol: I have far too much time on my hands.

Edited by GarryP

I was in the queue behind a piss*d security guard who managed to buy a couple of packets of instant noodles with them.

A possible CEO of Siam Cement or CP Company in the making there methinks.

Absolutely true. I was in the queue behind a piss*d security guard who managed to buy a couple of packets of instant noodles with them. He didn't know what the hell he was doing and just held out a bunch of Doraemon stickers. The salesgirl took the monetary equivalent in stickers from him. The gold ones are worth 3 Baht and the smaller silver stickers are worth 1 Baht. Can use them to buy goods or collect them and exchang 'em for certain Doraemon merchandise.

Hurry while stocks last, the promotion ends at the end of this month. :lol: I have far too much time on my hands.

The misses just cashed all hers in ..and next week she will be the proud new owner of the doremon tupper ware set..rolleyes.gif

She said they will come in handy for when she makes me Fish cakes, meat balls and now she as started to make potato rissoles.rolleyes.gif

My wife is gonna cash in for two of those big Doraemon crate thingies. As if we haven't already got enough junk as it is. I think she should just exchange the stickers we have for half a dozen bottles of beer :D

Edited by GarryP

I did notice something strange with the stickers. They do not give out stickers for purchases of alcohol (I assume this also applies to ciggies). When I asked the cashier she indicated that they did not suppport the sale of alcohol so it was not included in the promotion. Strange huh!

I did notice something strange with the stickers. They do not give out stickers for purchases of alcohol (I assume this also applies to ciggies). When I asked the cashier she indicated that they did not suppport the sale of alcohol so it was not included in the promotion. Strange huh!

don't think they give them if you by talk time also