Englishman Robbed At Gunpoint In His Jomtien Home

Pattaya_Fox

English man handcuffed and gagged at gunpoint inside his Jomtien home.

A disturbing case now from the Egmonkon Village in Soi Chayapreuk in Jomtien. Police were called to house number 453/15 which is owned by Mr Richard Jones aged 60 from England who lives with his long term boyfriend known as Khun O aged 33. On Tuesday morning, two men rang his door bell and claimed to be air-conditioning technicians. They informed the man they were here to service his air-con units. Without notice they forced their way into the house and one of the men produced a gun and told Mr Jones to hand over the valuables. He initially resisted the two men and was subsequently pistol-whipped by the gunmen. He was then handcuffed and tape was placed over his mouth. He then watched as his house was ransacked by the two assailants. Eventually neighbors heard the commotion and alerted the Police. A total of 100,000 bahts worth of cash and valuables were taken as Mr. Jones helplessly looked on. Police believe than an ex boyfriend of the man may be involved in the case but are still hunting for clues in this case of armed robbery. For now, as a precaution we urge viewers who stay in a house to exercise extreme caution when dealing with anyone who comes into your property.

Pattaya City News

Tuesday 6th September 2005.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

English man handcuffed and gagged at gunpoint inside his Jomtien home.

For now, as a precaution we urge viewers who stay in a house to exercise extreme caution when dealing with anyone who comes into your property.

=========================================

Common sense the world over...................DJM

exercise extreme caution when dealing with anyone who comes into your property.

Im sorry but this is the third time that news stories have poorly chosen content or titles.

The other day we had "Police to chase 100 prostitutes"

yesterday we were given " love triangles stabbing"

and now we have forced entry of homosexual residence with the above line!!!!

LOL :o

Let me get something right here. A man is subjected to a violent robbery in his home where a lot of money is taken. Usually you lot would be ranting on about the crime rate in Pattaya, and yet, because the man could be gay (according to the press) its ok to make childish jokes at the mans expence. Is that it?

Edited by wcr

Let me get something right here. A man is subjected to a violent robbery in his home where a lot of money is taken. Usually you lot would be ranting on about the crime rate in Pattaya, and yet, because the man could be gay (according to the press) its ok to make childish jokes at the mans expence. Is that it?

Sad isn't it ! Yeah its because he's gay .

Sad isn't it ! Yeah its because he's gay .

When is it a crime to be happy? :o

Just be thankfull he wasn't French as well :o:D

I must say that the insensitivity shown in this thread toward the victim of the robbery was surprising even for me, who thought I was well used to the disdain for gay people demonstrated by so many posters on this board.

Remember , Mr. Jones was identified BY NAME in the report at the start of the thread. Given the fairly small size of the expat community in Pattaya, (and the gay community within that in particular) and the popularity of Thaivisa, the likelihood of the victim or somebody who personally knew him reading the thread would have been fairly high.

I think unfortunately it shows the lack of empathy that many straight people have towards the gay people that live in their midst that it never ocurred to the posters above that the gay people actually read their board as well, and could do without that type of comment on such a serious incident that caused real human suffering.

Sorry if some of you think that in saying this I am displaying an oversensitivity or lack of sense of humour. But it did annoy me.

P.S. Does anyone know what sort of point Davethailand is trying to make with his rather cryptic post on the thread?

I must say that the insensitivity shown in this thread toward the victim of the robbery was surprising even for me, who thought I was well used to the disdain for gay people demonstrated by so many posters on this board.

Remember , Mr. Jones was identified BY NAME in the report at the start of the thread. Given the fairly small size of the expat community in Pattaya, (and the gay community within that in particular) and the popularity of Thaivisa, the likelihood of the victim or somebody who personally knew him reading the thread would have been fairly high.

I think unfortunately it shows the lack of empathy that many straight people have towards the gay people that live in their midst that it never ocurred to the posters above that the gay people actually read their board as well, and could do without that type of comment on such a serious incident that caused real human suffering.

Sorry if some of you think that in saying this I am displaying an oversensitivity or lack of sense of humour. But it did annoy me.

P.S. Does anyone know what sort of point Davethailand is trying to make with his rather cryptic post on the thread?

It makes me wonder why these people who are in Pattaya & Thailand usually for one reason and I don't need to state what, who would usually be looked down on in thier own countries for enjoying what they are doing here, so should therefore be more open minded, particually in Pattaya where there is a high gay population and very much open.

Why is it then that these same people think its ok to make hurtful and childish comments about a possible gay mans horrible incident? I would also ask why they are in Pattaya of all places in the world. If you are so bigoted as to make comments like those here there are plenty of other places where your views would be welcome, the USA bible belt for starters.

As far as Davethailand is concerned, I don't understand his post either. Dave is someone I have met and spoken to, and he is completely open minded. However I understand that he has contributed to some anti-gay threads here which I must say is a surprise.

The 'jokes' were a bit insensitive to say the least. However on the 'Englishman Caught Up in Love Triangle Stabbing' thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44082

there are some equally insensitive remarks made.

One post immediately assumes that the thai guy is innocently in love with this girl (described as a "little bitch")while she only wanted to shag some farang for money. She is a Thai girl so she must obviously be a gold digging whore. Someone then makes a 'funny joke' about stabbing his gf's love triangle.

Meanwhile the guy involved is worried sick as his gf is in hospital in a critical condition. None of these responses are justified, whatever the sexuality of the victim.

The 'jokes' were a bit insensitive to say the least.  However on the 'Englishman Caught Up in Love Triangle Stabbing' thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44082

there are some equally insensitive remarks made. 

One post immediately assumes that the thai guy is innocently in love with this girl (described as a "little bitch")while she only wanted to shag some farang for money.  She is a Thai girl so she must obviously be a gold digging whore.  Someone then makes a 'funny joke' about stabbing his gf's love triangle. 

Meanwhile the guy involved is worried sick as his gf is in hospital in a critical condition.  None of these responses are justified, whatever the sexuality of the victim.

Have you never heard, "sticks and stones may break my bones, but calling names won't hurt me". Besides, the jokes made were not personal attacks, just double entendres and if they upset anyone reading this, then the individuals in question should grow up and act their age, as they are way too oversensitive. In my opinion it is all harmless fun. Whenever I have an accident or suffer misfortune, my friends invariably make fun out of it. I do the same to them. It is completely natural. Far better to laugh than to cry. And if generalisation is a crime, then every single one of us has been guilty at one time or another.

Ok, let's try a thought experiment. Here's an *imaginary* news item:

Mr. Fred Jones and his wife, Khun Lek, were assaulted and robbed at gunpoint in their home yesterday in North Pattaya.  Over 200,000B of cash and valuables were stolen and the couple sustained minor wounds and bruising and are reported in stable condition in Pattaya Memorial Hospital.  It is suspected that the thieves, who posed as gardeners, are associates of former employees of Mr. Jones' restaurant in Pattaya.  The police are recommending that Pattaya residents view strangers visiting residences with suspicion.

All right- I'm all set to see the sparkling wit in making light of *this* couple's misfortune.

Ok, let's try a thought experiment.  Here's an *imaginary* news item:
Mr. Fred Jones and his wife, Khun Lek, were assaulted and robbed at gunpoint in their home yesterday in North Pattaya.  Over 200,000B of cash and valuables were stolen and the couple sustained minor wounds and bruising and are reported in stable condition in Pattaya Memorial Hospital.  It is suspected that the thieves, who posed as gardeners, are associates of former employees of Mr. Jones' restaurant in Pattaya.  The police are recommending that Pattaya residents view strangers visiting residences with suspicion.

All right- I'm all set to see the sparkling wit in making light of *this* couple's misfortune.

They got all they deserve , who in there right mind would live in north Pattaya with all them there forking Germans