Broadband In Pattaya

monsieurhappy

Does anyone in the Siam Country Club Rd./Mabprachan Lake area use ADSL? I have a TOT phone line and according to the Loxinfo website I can receive broadband in this area. What is the quality like? I access mainly UK sites, is this a problem? Can anyone tell me which to go for, costs and quality? Any advice appreciated. Thanks. :o:D

Does anyone in the Siam Country Club Rd./Mabprachan Lake area use ADSL? I have a TOT phone line and according to the Loxinfo website I can receive broadband in this area. What is the quality like? I access mainly UK sites, is this a problem? Can anyone tell me which to go for, costs and quality? Any advice appreciated. Thanks. :o  :D

im using Loxinfo 4096/512 (in bangkok though)

i pay 2568 bhat a month unlimited Usage Hours and unlimited download

u can access any website no probs

but i hardly see it reach the 4000 speed .normally around 2000

overall its good

Thanks for your reply smb, I really wanted someone to tell me if it was truely available in my area as a lot of people say it's not. Also I wanted to know if CAT made it difficult to access international sites any better than dial up which again I'm hearing is the problem. How do you find the response when accessing int. web sites - fast or slow. I was also looking at no more than 1500 baht per month!! :D:o

Thanks for your reply smb, I really wanted someone to tell me if it was truely available in my area as a lot of people say it's not. Also I wanted to know if CAT made it difficult to access international sites any better than dial up which again I'm hearing is the problem. How do you find the response when accessing int. web sites - fast or slow. I was also looking at no more than 1500 baht per month!! :D  :o

about if its available in your area, here go to this site and enter your number

http://www.csloxinfo.com/adsl/index_en.asp

or u can call them at 02-352-2011

about accessing international sites

i never access local sites and im not having any problem

sometimes though it gets really slow but not for long .when that hapens i just reconect

but with all that its far better than the dial up

95% the respond is fast

and about the price here i will show u every type they have with its price

256/128 (Kbps) 690 bhat

512/256 (Kbps) 850 bhat

1024/512 (Kbps) 1,000 bhat

2048/512 (Kbps) 1,500 bhat

4096/512 (Kbps) 2,400 bhat

Edited by smb

Around the Mabprachan area only the TT&T lines are adsl capable. You'll need a number starting with 038 733 or 038 734.

On top of that you can't be further then 3 km away from the phone exchange.

The Mabprachan TT&T exchange is located on the road between Naklua and the lake (same road as where the water office is located), about 300 meters past the junction where you have to turn left to go to crocodile farm, or right to go to Siam Country club road. (when driving towards the lake)

If you don't have one of those phone lines yet, you will have to be lucky to get one since most of the TT&T distribution boxes are full!

Our member Madsere lives in that area, has a TOT line and was informed by them that it will be at least a year away before TOT upgrades their exchanges to support adsl!

I just got a new house and wising up from previous I asked TOT if this area was supported with ADSL. They told me yes, they just put in a new switch in SP3 village supporting all of Soi Siam Countryclub. Now I moved in they tell me it will definitely not be ready this year. Bah!

SMB,

have to be a bit carefull here as the packages on offer in Pattaya are definately not the same as in BKK, and not at the same price either.

Over here it depends on wether you have a TOT line or a TT&T line.

No ADC or True lines here!

Edited by monty

Around the Mabprachan area only the TT&T lines are adsl capable. You'll need a number starting with 038 733 or 038 734.

On top of that you can't be further then 3 km away from the phone exchange.

The Mabprachan TT&T exchange is located on the road between Naklua and the lake (same road as where the water office is located), about 300 meters past the junction where you have to turn left to go to crocodile farm, or right to go to Siam Country club road. (when driving towards the lake)

If you don't have one of those phone lines yet, you will have to be lucky to get one since most of the TT&T distribution boxes are full!

Our member Madsere lives in that area, has a TOT line and was informed by them that it will be at least a year away before TOT upgrades their exchanges to support adsl!

I just got a new house and wising up from previous I asked TOT if this area was supported with ADSL. They told me yes, they just put in a new switch in SP3 village supporting all of Soi Siam Countryclub. Now I moved in they tell me it will definitely not be ready this year. Bah!

SMB,

have to be a bit carefull here as the packages on offer in Pattaya are definately not the same as in BKK, and not at the same price either.

Over here it depends on wether you have a TOT line or a TT&T line.

No ADC or True lines here!

oh didnt know that

sorry only tried to help and thank u