Insurance Claim

norwaygeir

My girlfriend had an accident with my bike today, She told me that it was the other drivers falt, and there was'nt any big damages on the bike. I don't have anything other than the "goverment" insurance, and I don't think the other driver had any insurance at all. I told my girlfriend that if it was'nt her fault, the other driver "a young girl", should pay for the damage on my bike, but does it work that way? Non of them had driving license.

Non of them had driving lisence. So avoid Police or they will fine each of them 200-1000 baht. Normally in a case with 2 illegal riders (no lisence or drunk), each covers their own

The compulsory insurance covers medical only and very limited

So it does not matters whose fault it is`? If someone drive on a red light and hit you, you have to pay becasue you don't have license?

So she probably going to have to pay for the damage on the bike herself, and that means I have to pay for it. Good it's a click, cheap parts.

Non of them had driving lisence. So avoid Police or they will fine each of them 200-1000 baht. Normally in a case with 2 illegal riders (no lisence or drunk), each covers their own

The compulsory insurance covers medical only and very limited

So it does not matters whose fault it is`? If someone drive on a red light and hit you, you have to pay becasue you don't have license? YES

So she probably going to have to pay for the damage on the bike herself, and that means I have to pay for it. YESGood it's a click, cheap partsYES :D .

If one rider is at fault but does ride legally (license and not drunk), and another rider is not at fault but rides illegally (no license or drunk), the latter looses a Police case. So yes, no license you pay. No license, every Insurance does NOT pay. Easy to get a license though, start 0830 at DLT and bikelicense finish before 1200. 160 baht as I recall ;)

and if she has a fatal accident (someone dies, here fault or not) she is in DEEP sh-t without a license. 200k baht bail to keep her out of jail for fatal accident, another 2-800k baht bail to keep her out of jail for causing fatal accident without valid drivers license. Then you start on the legal fees and +2 years court case.

get a license, then ride a bike or car :)

If your girlfriend had a serious accident like hitting and killing a child even though it was not her fault and she did not have a driving incense she would end up in jail and you would be in serious trouble too and would have to pay huge sums in damages for lending your bike to someome without a DL. Never drive without a licence and never let any one drive your bike or car without a licence,