Tire Alignment Shop In Cm

jaideeguy

My front tires [tyres for you Brits] on my truck need alignment and I know that there are good shops that do the job honestly and bad shops that don't do the job properly and/or sell you parts that you don't need.

Would appreciate recomendations for a good honest shop in CM and/or warnings against a rip off shop.

comments on 'Cockpit' shop appreciated

Thanks in advance.......

Edited by jaideeguy
  • Like 1

The Cockpit on the superhighway near Arcade (on the opposite side) does a great job and very reasonable, professional work and not a rip off at all, the workshop boss speaks reasonable English too and is best to deal with him.

I can't say enough good things about the tire shop just past Tesco Kamthieng (same side of the street) near the Volvo dealer. Huge, blue Michelin sign out front. David of GT Rider recommended them to me.

I've bought tires and shocks from them and had alignments done. They have a top of the line American made computerized alignment system there. The prices are very reasonable and they guarantee their work. The place is a family-owned business and the owner, Chanchai speaks English.

When you buy Michelin's from them (great prices) you get a book in the post from the Michelin factory. Inside is full of coupons to cover the cost of alignment, balancing and rotation for 2 years at Chanchai's shop. Great deal!

Edited by elektrified

The Cockpit on the superhighway near Arcade (on the opposite side) does a great job and very reasonable, professional work and not a rip off at all, the workshop boss speaks reasonable English too and is best to deal with him.

Near the arcade bus terminal?? not the one near Makro on superhiway??

Near the arcade bus terminal?? not the one near Makro on superhiway??

It was the only thing I could remember that was near it, yes its near Makro.

I can't say enough good things about the tire shop just past Tesco Kamthieng (same side of the street) near the Volvo dealer. Huge, blue Michelin sign out front. David of GT Rider recommended them to me.

I've bought tires and shocks from them and had alignments done. They have a top of the line American made computerized alignment system there. The prices are very reasonable and they guarantee their work. The place is a family-owned business and the owner, Chanchai speaks English.

When you buy Michelin's from them (great prices) you get a book in the post from the Michelin factory. Inside is full of coupons to cover the cost of alignment, balancing and rotation for 2 years at Chanchai's shop. Great deal!

I agree, I went to that shop and bought some top end sport Michelin for my Mazda 3 just before Christmas. The shop was recommended by one of my Thai friends who knows the owner. I found the service to be very friendly, fair, and fast. And yes Chanchai speaks English well...... Can't say enough about how great my 'Pilot Sport PS2' handles and rides...... gotta love em...

• 1 year later...

I was going to make a snide remark how apparent it was that you couldn't say enough good things. Then I thought that the deal sounded pretty good so didn't, I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

I agree, I went to that shop and bought some top end sport Michelin for my Mazda 3 just before Christmas. The shop was recommended by one of my Thai friends who knows the owner. I found the service to be very friendly, fair, and fast. And yes Chanchai speaks English well...... Can't say enough about how great my 'Pilot Sport PS2' handles and rides...... gotta love em...

He did not get his price right with me and tried to change it after disassembling. Perhaps an honest mistake but unwilling to pay for his mistake. Wanted to bump me up 500 Baht on wheel bearings.

I went to the Cockpit on Super Highway 11 your talking about and asked if they carried the tires I had on my car (which I pointed to). They said yes and I asked them to put on two new ones. They brought out the car with different tires and when I complained they said that those were the tires for my car?!? I told then to take them off and they said I'd have to still pay the 400 bht for the alignment (which I'm sure meant of the ones they were taking off). Very rude about it all.

I was going to make a snide remark how apparent it was that you couldn't say enough good things. Then I thought that the deal sounded pretty good so didn't, I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Hi Is it possible you can post the address in Thai please Thank you

I have the business card. I'll try and scan it this weekend and post it. But it is very easy to find. Huge blue Michelin sign past Volvo Dealer, Tesco Kamthieng, etc. before Chang Phueak on the Super Highway - same side of the road as Tesco.

I have the business card. I'll try and scan it this weekend and post it. But it is very easy to find. Huge blue Michelin sign past Volvo Dealer, Tesco Kamthieng, etc. before Chang Phueak on the Super Highway - same side of the road as Tesco.

haha that would be great.We are both country bumpkins ,living in a village population of 100 so Tescom Volvo dealer is all Thai to me and all English to her

.Is Tesco on the left or right heading out from the arcade bus stand at Chang puak

Also how much for a good set of tyres for a toyota pick up and an allignment .any ideas cheers

Also how much for a good set of tyres for a toyota pick up and an allignment .any ideas cheers

What size tyres?

Toyota hillux mighty x 195/14

You're missing the middle number eg 195/60/14

Try this website for B-quick key in your tyre sizes & get a quote. Shop around to get a better price, but at least this site gives you an idea. If you buy a set of 4, you should get free wheel alignment, balancing & wheel rotation every 10,000 km.

What size tyres?

Toyota hillux mighty x 195/14

You're missing the middle number eg 195/60/14

Try this website for B-quick key in your tyre sizes & get a quote. Shop around to get a better price, but at least this site gives you an idea. If you buy a set of 4, you should get free wheel alignment, balancing & wheel rotation every 10,000 km.

B Quick gave my wife a free jump start after the car would not start near Maharaj Hospital last year. We appreciated that so we just bought a new battery from them last week. Good price on a Yuasa battery, and luckily not the same design as used on the 787.

There are also some very good and economically priced alignment shops near the the Iron Bridge just down from Rimping supermarket. Several shops down there specialize in brakes, radiators, electrical systems, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to report that I had a good experience with this recommendation