Another New Pizza Place Open Or About To Open

goforit

As soon as I know they are open I will stop in and give it a try.

Actually went back to the Pizza & Pasta joint Saturday a week ago and the place was dead with only one other customer the whole time I was there. First I drove past Coachs Pizza and didn't bother stopping as there wasn't even one person in the place. It would be great if you could actually get a decent pizza in this area. Here's hoping.

You mean you guys don't think Duke's pizzas are good??? They are as good as any I've every had.

Dukes is one of the better pizzas IMHO in Thailand but still not world class by any means.

'World class'? Not even close.

Ridgley's in San Sai was the best that I found but unfortunately had to close due to Thai banking property management procedure. But they still did not compare to what I use to have back home.

You mean you guys don't think Duke's pizzas are good??? They are as good as any I've every had.

Dukes is one of the better pizzas IMHO in Thailand but still not world class by any means.

Ridgley's in San Sai was the best that I found but unfortunately had to close due to Thai banking property management procedure. But they still did not compare to what I use to have back home.

Ridgleys in Sansai was the worst I've had in Thailand. There are no great pizzas in Chiang Mai that's for sure. There is a lot of O.K. pizzas here like the Dukes and Pizza Koh Lanta.

Ridgleys in Sansai was the worst I've had in Thailand. There are no great pizzas in Chiang Mai that's for sure. There is a lot of O.K. pizzas here like the Dukes and Pizza Koh Lanta.

Clearly we disagree about Ridgleys but it doesn't really matter since it no longer exists. Where is Pizza Koh Lanta?

What exactly is the definition of a 'World Class' pizza?

What exactly is the definition of a 'World Class' pizza?

You can add "World Class" to that list of Decent-Great -Proper.:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Drove by for a look this afternoon. Francesca's Italian food and pizzas, eat in and take away. Not open yet, but pretty close I would say - they were setting up tables inside.

Driving by last night I noticed that they are open now. Anyone tried yet?

Why is pizza so expensive all over Thailand?

I like both the american style pizza like The Pizza Company and the italian style(thinner crust).

My very favorite pizza is the italian style with thin crust and then tomato sauce and mozarella. After the pizza is done, you quickly put chorizo salami, rocket salad on top. Sprinkle some shaved parmesan cheese on top and finish with green pesto dressing.

The spicy combination of chorizo, rocket salad complimented by the parmesan and pesto, makes this the ultimate pizza in my book :)

just tried it tonight. the pizza and lasagna were fantastic. best one in the area. no doubts about it

What are the prices like? Will stop in and try the pizza this week.

The prices are very affordable, 160 for a pizza, and lasagna too around that price. pasta starts at 90 bht upwards.

The wife and I ate there tonight , the spagetti and meat balls has to be the best I have had ever. The pizza was very good as well .. Cant say much on prices unless Im eating street vender food its all expensive . But this was exceptionally good ... I will go back again ...

I agree. And not only is the pizza overpriced relative to the quality, but have you checked out sushi in Thailand? It's expensive as hell and absolute crap - even in the, for lack of a better term, high end (comparatively speaking) places. Sushi back home was soooooooo much better and less than half the price. It's not like it's difficult or complicated to make. I don't get it!

I agree. And not only is the pizza overpriced relative to the quality, but have you checked out sushi in Thailand? It's expensive as hell and absolute crap - even in the, for lack of a better term, high end (comparatively speaking) places. Sushi back home was soooooooo much better and less than half the price. It's not like it's difficult or complicated to make. I don't get it!

You're joking about the sushi, right? Sushi here is practically free. The problem is to overcome the temptation to eat this plentiful. extremely inexpensive food, knowing that it is probably not very fresh and has not been refrigerated properly.

I don't think that he means the street-stall kind of sushi. ;)

I would guess that pizza is expensive because decent imported cheese is not cheap.

Yeah, I was talking abouyt the strett stall/market sushi but even in the Japanese restaurants it's about all the sushi you can eat for 200-300 Baht. I can drop $50-$75 in a sushi bar in the states without even trying.