B Of A No-fee International Atm Transaction

According to this new pamphlet dated 08/2004 that I got from B of A, B of A customers (thanks to a Global ATM alliance) have ATM access with no-fee to their funds at more than 14,000 international ATMs: Santander, barclays, scotiabank, westpac, deutche bank, bnp, b of A.

Now, the question is whether or not this works in Thailand/BK?

Also, is there a catch? Like poor exchange rates?

Thanks!

Also remember that you are always dealing with two variables in ATM transactions, the fee and the exchange rate, and the exchange rate is always hidden from you. Regardless of whether the fee is high or low, using an ATM is a very, very expensive way to get money from one country to another because the exchange is always unfavorable and you have no way even to determine in advance what rate you are being screwed with.

The rate of exchange should be listed in the fine print (and I mean fine print) from your bank. In my case it is the interbank rate minus 1% (most seem to be in the 1-3% range I believe). Depending on other fees it is not usually a bad method of exchange for the normal 20k baht.

According to this new pamphlet dated 08/2004 that I got from B of A, B of A customers (thanks to a Global ATM alliance) have ATM access with no-fee to their funds at more than 14,000 international ATMs: Santander, barclays, scotiabank, westpac, deutche bank, bnp, b of A.

Now, the question is whether or not this works in Thailand/BK?

Also, is there a catch? Like poor exchange rates?

Thanks!

I believe BofA used to offer fee-free ATM access internationally, including Thailand. However that benefit was eliminated sometime in early 2005. I am fairly certain the curent fee is $5, regardless of the amount. They do give a favorable exchange rate.