Foreigners In Thailand Closely Watching Thai 'Shirts' Reaction To Arab Protesters

webfact

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is this sh*t? Since when are foreigners one homogeneous group? According to the Tourism Authority, Asian, Arab and Indian tourists make up the bulk of foreign visitors. I don't think they care about the "shirts" Unless in the eyes of the Pattaya Times, foreigners equate with westerners? Nice.

Obviously, the Pattaya Times doesn't keep on eye on TVF since there is a small but vocal group that will back the current government no matter what. I'm doubt this group of foreigners doesn't care a smidgen about the sentiments of any "shirts", especially, the lippy ones that don't know their place in the hierarchy. :cheesy: :cheesy:

Just as there is a small group who think that the government cannot do anything right, and Thaksin walks on water hand in hand with Jesus H. Christ.

One ill considered comment engenders another.

As indeed there is a vocal group who think that the government can do nothing wrong and Thaksin is the devil incarnate - Reconcilliation, hmm?

The main difference seems to be the role of the army which in Thailand will use violence against its own citizens (or rather subjects) at the drop of a hat.

If the military did actually use violence "at the drop of a hat" then the April to May 2010 protests would not have lasted that long.

You are also ignoring the fact that protesters here used military weapons, and were supported by an opposition party and an ex-PM wanting to regain power.

Sadly your post is typical of the naivety of many poster on TV - politically unaware and totally unable to read the media critically.

What is this sh*t? Since when are foreigners one homogeneous group? According to the Tourism Authority, Asian, Arab and Indian tourists make up the bulk of foreign visitors. I don't think they care about the "shirts" Unless in the eyes of the Pattaya Times, foreigners equate with westerners? Nice.

Obviously, the Pattaya Times doesn't keep on eye on TVF since there is a small but vocal group that will back the current government no matter what. I'm doubt this group of foreigners doesn't care a smidgen about the sentiments of any "shirts", especially, the lippy ones that don't know their place in the hierarchy. :cheesy: :cheesy:

Just as there is a small group who think that the government cannot do anything right, and Thaksin walks on water hand in hand with Jesus H. Christ.

As indeed there is a vocal group who think that the government can do nothing wrong and Thaksin is the devil incarnate - Reconcilliation, hmm?

Thanks for reinterating the point that was already made. To tired to read today Phi?

The main difference seems to be the role of the army which in Thailand will use violence against its own citizens (or rather subjects) at the drop of a hat.

If the military did actually use violence "at the drop of a hat" then the April to May 2010 protests would not have lasted that long.

You are also ignoring the fact that protesters here used military weapons, and were supported by an opposition party and an ex-PM wanting to regain power.

Sadly your post is typical of the naivety of many poster on TV - politically unaware and totally unable to read the media critically.

We are indeed fortunate that we poor ignorant souls have you here Dee, to read the Thai Media tea leaves for us. Please tell us more about "how the way things really are". :rolleyes:

Everyday here, there are posted some of the worst examples of journalism you may ever read. It's a toss-up if this or the virgin valentine poll story marks a new low. Maybe ThaiVisa should focus a little bit more on rather than quantity.

Where are these stories with quality?

Here's a pretty good one, though not specifically Thai related:

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/MB02Ae01.html

Thanks for reinterating the point that was already made. To tired to read today Phi?

My mistake, I really did miss your last sentence. jap.gif

So you just disbelieve anything reported by anybody and make up whatever story you like and somehow that makes sense to you?! If you don't want to believe the reports that the military had deaths first or the numerous reports and videos of red shirts launching bombs even on citizens then how do you explain the incredibly long drawn out delay where the military did nothing?! Was that a lie to and the deaths actually occurred weeks earlier and they just hid it all? PLEASE explain yourself!

My guess is that Thais identify very little with Muslims ruled by dictatorships.

The Thais might bring down the government, but it will have little to do with Egypt.

I heard a lot Thais comparing the situation, but mostly that the Egypts ad Tunisians copied the yellow shirts. I doubt that the mass of Tunisians and Egypts know about the yellow shirts

what about the pink shirts,

lets hear it for the poor people who dont know if they are coming or going.....

My guess is that if the red shirts and yellow spines :) were to unite it would just be a furthering of there discredit.

besides the red shirts have shown us that all they can muster for a prolonged siege is a hand full of people.

No comparison to what the Egyptians are doing.

Think about the red shirts and yellow spines uniting if they won all they would do is fight each other.

Abhist is the best Thailand has to offer today and the election when it comes will show the people also believe it.

Far to much fuss being made by anti government people over when the election is to be held. If they would put that energy into helping bring the people of Thailand better conditions it would make for a better Thailand. But no they put the effort into destroying Thailand for there own personal gains. :(

I think the worying thing is if the reds find out whats happening in the middle east and then wonder if they can make it work for them in Thailand, that would be a worry if they then thought they could get away with.

The PM could name the date for the General Election and pull the rug from under them and if as I expect he gets democratically elected, the reds would be stuffed for a years anyway. Perhaps then the country would have a few years of stability and prosperity.

We are indeed fortunate that we poor ignorant souls have you here Dee, to read the Thai Media tea leaves for us. Please tell us more about "how the way things really are". :rolleyes:

Deeral made a mistake he did not mean to post that. At the moment of writing it he was looking into a mirror.:lol:

The Egyptian masses of protesters aren't paid.

The hard core element at the end aren't promised a million baht if they win.

The Egyptian protest leaders aren't being promised massive money payoffs if they can pull of a win for the Thaksin "gipper".

The Egyptian protesters aren't puppets of a self exiled fugitive autocrat.

The Egyptians protesters are AUTHENTICALLY pro democratic, the Thai protesters just wanted their own strongman back in power.

Next ...

Edited by Jingthing

On the contrary, it would appear that the Egyptian protesters have been watching the yellows and reds tactics and copied them very closely.

It is obvious, that the only way for a government to survive this type of protest is for the army to shoot the people, and take the hit in the international media. They didn't shoot the yellows and the government fell, they eventually shot the reds and the government didn't fall. Has been that way since Tianenmen.

The Egyptian army hasn't shot the people, so the government falls.

I'm quite aware of the "elite" (including the revered family that we can't talk about) and of the power they've held historically and hope to continue to maintain. However this "red shirt" struggle is not a typical revolt of the masses against elites (or poor against rich) that you may have read about in your political history books.

Do you believe most of what is written or said about the Egyptian protests in the news?

Most of your posts on this forum are of an extremely dismissing and attacking nature against other posters instead of participation in a discussion or debate.

Edited by hyperdimension

The opening post from Pattaya times is spot on and I am sure the Admin that posted it

thinks so as well otherwise he would not have done so.

The other posters that post derogatory comments remind me of the kind of people

that live way out in the mindless isolated country side, or are still bruised over a past

journalis war.

Reading the responding post is a good reminder as to the reasons I do not

wast my time on Thai visa.

So, go ahead and continue with the flaming. I will not respond here Again.

The opening post from Pattaya times is spot on and I am sure the Admin that posted it

that live way out in the mindless isolated country side, or are still bruised over a past

journalis war.

You will be missed though? :jap::lol:

I think it's more like "UDD In Thailand Closely Watching Arab Protesters For Techniques On Overthrowing A Government".

Are the Arab protests driven or funded by people who have a close connection with an opposition party or a criminal fugitive wanting to (re)gain power?

The Red Shirts were back to bricks and slingshots 8 days agoo...

While awaiting the next Red Shirt rally at the Court.... old habits are hard to break...

r684179545.jpg

Thai anti-government "red shirt" protesters show a rock and a slingshot as they attend a protest in front of the embassy of Egypt in Bangkok February 1, 2011. A group of red-shirted protesters and Thai students gathered in front of the Egyptian embassy to show their solidarity with protesters in Egypt demanding the resignation of the country's president Hosni Mubarak.

REUTERS

"Egypt?... isn't that in South America?"

I may be wrong, but I've a sneaking feeling that -Deeral- is a little anti government-and pro (shirts) and also He gives the impression that most posters have the wrong Idea about the politics here-we must really ought to follow his advice, and listen to what he has to say more ?????????:lol: :lol:

....."Prime Minister Abhisit was not elected by the people to govern Thailand. He was appointed after the illegal overthrow of an elected Prime Minister in 2006, Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra"...

Quite uncredible... when it comes to History, people really have short memory!

journalis war.

The OP opened with the following paragraph

"Foreigners in Thailand and ASEAN are closely following breaking news on the amazing and unprecedented events in the Middle East as the movement to overthrow governments may ripple through even more countries into Thailand causing a potential overthrow of the current government. "Like we hope happens in Egypt, we want an orderly transition into democracy in Thailand. Prime Minister Abhisit was not elected by the people to govern Thailand. He was appointed after the illegal overthrow of an elected Prime Minister in 2006, Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra. Thailand wants democracy and we are going to get it. The world supports the citizens in the streets of Cairo and they will support us in Bangkok with our political movement," said a major Red Shirt leader in Pattaya."

You really consider that spot on?

....."Prime Minister Abhisit was not elected by the people to govern Thailand. He was appointed after the illegal overthrow of an elected Prime Minister in 2006, Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra"...

Quite uncredible... when it comes to History, people really have short memory!

My memory isn't that bad,that a con man-convicted with some family and others were ousted. the illegal overthrow had to be,

Didn't get your drift about the present P.M. are you saying it was wrong the way it all transpired, or are you saying you don't like the present set up ? or don't like the man (p.m.) who is doing his best amongst a load of baboons till the next election.

THailand is a country with a corrupt ruling elite that feigns a democratic system. ....and Egypt - remarkably similar.

THe population of Thailand has been promised yet another election.

It would seem most likely that any trouble would be postponEd until after that, when the poor majority realises how disenfranchised they really are

The Army in Thailand kicked out the clone of Mubarak, oh no, or yes, I'm confused. I read to manyy posters.

I will ask my dog for a clear analysis of the situation. No, impossible. My dog is yellow with a red tongue.