Uk Nat Ins Number For Thai Wife

I have been married to my Thai wife for 3 years and next year will be 65. Is it possible to get my wife to get a UK National insurance number so if l die she can get the bereavement benefit and widows pension. If so where do l apply for the National Insurance and what documentation do the relevant departments requireMany thanks

When you die (assuming your wife is still living) she will be entitled to Bereavement benefits. She will claim these (or someone will assist). It will likely take the best part of 6 months, but once settled, she will be allocated a NI number automatically by the Dept of Pensions. This she can then forward to the Inland Revenue to be given a personal allowance.

They will not give a NI number under any other circumstances, unless your wife is in the UK and wants to work.

From previous:-

When you die (assuming your wife is still living) she will be entitled to Bereavement benefits. She will claim these (or someone will assist). It will likely take the best part of 6 months, but once settled, she will be allocated a NI number automatically by the Dept of Pensions. This she can then forward to the Inland Revenue to be given a personal allowance.

They will not give a NI number under any other circumstances, unless your wife is in the UK and wants to work.

From previous:-

WRONG.

i actually know two guys living in Thailand who have got NI numbers for their wives.

however it is a long drawn out process.