Speed Camera In Action

stander

Oh shit, whats the speed limit??? I went Kao Tao on Thursday and did 100 km/h all the way back .....how do they fine you excatally? My bikes in my GFs name ..... and certainly not the address, I don't even know what address it is down under ......

Edited by sam666

Oh shit, whats the speed limit??? I went Kao Tao on Thursday and did 100 km/h all the way back .....how do they fine you excatally? My bikes in my GFs name ..... and certainly not the address, I don't even know what address it is down under ......

The letter shows two photos of the car and the speed, I seemingly was doing 128kph, I think the limit is 60kph, so it was a fair cop.

I don't think they are doing motorbikes, but hey i might be wrong.

My mistake

My brother in law has just checked it for me and it for speeding on the 21st of January in Prachuap Kirikhan.

The summons was issued on the 7th of February and that is what confused me and the only place I could think of originally from the photo was at the railway flyover.

They fine by sending it by post to registered owner. Registerd owner is responsible to have it payed. If its still not payed when annual road tax is up for renewal, you wont be able to get tax sticker until its payed. Fees added. No tax sticker, no driving on public roads. If annual tax is not payed for 3 years, vehicle is derigestered and may not ever be possible to use on public roads again

Bike in girlfriends name, dont know the address its registered in, expect it is somewhere in Isaan, thats clever. Same old story.

Anything they can do to slow the traffic is good for Hua Hin.

Just another way to weed out the Farang from the Thai , maybe only fining the Farangs :annoyed:

as more than 95% of all vehicles in Thailand are owned by Thais, and they fine the owner, not the driver, I would say they only fine Thais :rolleyes:

Sounds like another bitter and twisted foriegner.

I expect he only has a motorbike anyway, you would need to be in th middle of the road as these camera's are set for cars, motorbikes generally stay on the left.

Anything to slow the traffic can only be good. :annoyed:

They fine by sending it by post to registered owner. Registerd owner is responsible to have it payed.

What if the car is still being paid for.. the credit company are the registered owners right ? I guess they will just pass the bill on ?

totster :D

They fine by sending it by post to registered owner. Registerd owner is responsible to have it payed.

What if the car is still being paid for.. the credit company are the registered owners right ? I guess they will just pass the bill on ?

When they come to tax the vehicle they will be told to go pay the find and get a covering letter form the police (3 hours), they will then go back with the letter and sort out the Tax onr the vehicle.:angry:

When they come to tax the vehicle they will be told to go pay the find and get a covering letter form the police (3 hours), they will then go back with the letter and sort out the Tax onr the vehicle.:angry:

a financed vehicle is registered on Finance company and "owner", but I am not sure who they send the fine to. Anyway, fine not payed, tax sticker not issued, vehicle not road legal so driver can be fined and/or vehicle impounded, "owners" problem, not Financecompany :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...