Monster Triton (413Hp 873Nm Of Torque)

philipm

Gents,

as most of you are aware, previously my Monster Triton made an impressive 330HP 723Nm of torque on the dyno.

Just last night we re dynoed it since i did slightly more modifications,

we made a veryyyyy impressive 413HP and 873NM of torque.

(4m41)- 3.2 turbo diesel. ----set a new record. (ALL STD INTERNALS)

we change the diff to a 3.3 -for better millage and speed (when you have that much power/torque) the last thing you want is to belt it and still have a lowish speed esspecially in the first 3gears. (short ratio)

when changing the diff to a 3.3, we dis engaged the transfer case as their is no matching front differential at that ratio.

with wheel/tire and diff change, we measured on the dyno top speed on 5th gear is a super impressive 243km/HR!!! (4500rpm)

In 4th gear 1:1 ratio on the 5speed manual at redline 4500rpm we measured 183km/HR!!

To most, your moments will be either one of the following:

---WOW!

---Defeats the purpose of 4x4

---You need higher speed tire ratings

just to take things easier icon_e_smile.gif

anyways gents, have a GRT one.

Impressive result Philip! :thumbsup:

Do you have an iPhone, Blackberry or Android phone and a solid windhsield mount for it?

If so, it'd be great to see some real-world results for 0-100, 80-120, 80-160 and 1/4 Mile..

There's an app for each of these smart phones that'll do it, and the accuracy is top-notch. The one I use (on iPhone) is: Dynlicious

Congratulations Phil,

Are you the first to achieve that ammount of power from the 3.2 ?

Excuse my ignorance, but how did you change the diff...did you obtain one from another vehicle or change the internals?

Cheers

Chris

Gents,

MPG- it depends on how much throttle i give it. curizing at 120-130km/hr gives about a 9-10l/100km,

when gunning it, it can go as high as 14-15L, depends.

LSD- we changed out to the prado rear axel, along with the prado rear brake OE.

ABS does not work -dont need it. 4x4 transfer case doesnt work- works as a rwd now.

the differential is a TRD racing 3.3 LSD ratio, we swapped it into the prado rear axel lsd housing.

As for list of mods, price etc.

gents PM me if you want to know and is serious about doing it.

otherwise you can just go to my website and get a general idea.

post-56318-0-96745700-1297576022_thumb.j

Think most can forget 400 hp from a wee engine. From experience, getting mega hp from a ride costs lots and continues to cost lots. Failures for sure, never ending story but if you are doing it yourself then the costs of fun can be brought down. :huh:

Fuel consumption, basic mechanics, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. HP costs money.:)

Gents,

the website has been editied to includes prices of various items. (basic items) not full option.

I would rather take the truck to the drag strip to properlly test the 1/4mile time, trap speed and 60ft launch and reaction time.

(i used dynolicious before, not accurate in our tests, esspecially if you dump the clutch)- before when i made 330hp on the dyno it recorded 500HP.

it was way off. its not a bad function for those who drive autos and does not stall the torque converter.

When you modify to such a high level with all std internals, the driver has to be at one with the car/truck. feeling every response, smell etc, you need to be

110% on the ball, always being aware. otherwise its easy to damage a component (like little kids who dont understand anything about anything)-this is what we try most to avoid.

Mechanically their is only so much power it can handle esspecially with std parts, its up to the driver to understand the feedback and make best judgement on the inputs.

_that what we call a good driver_