Is Chaing Mai Full Of Pot Heads And Hippies?

hagler

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... snip ...I see that the link is to "www.saferchoice.org", but a web address isn't a credible reference.

Sawasdee Khrup Khun HeyBruce,

One eyeball on their web-site will tell you this is a site promoting the legalization of marijuana.

best, ~o:37;

... snip ...I see that the link is to "www.saferchoice.org", but a web address isn't a credible reference.

One eyeball on their web-site will tell you this is a site promoting the legalization of marijuana.

wink.gif

I'm not surprised, I'm just curious whether they conducted their own slightly biased study to come up with the graph, or if they drew from the results of credible scientific studies.

for every pothead in Chiangmai, there are 100 alcoholics, 20 soi dogs, and 20 missionaries.

haha!

plus 19 tuk-tuk drivers, 15 sexpats, 5 muay thai wannabes and 3 mental mahouts!

And a Cockerel in a Lumyai tree.

Judging by TV, there are way too many pizza-addicts up here ! :crazy:

for every pothead in Chiangmai, there are 100 alcoholics, 20 soi dogs, and 20 missionaries.

haha!

And a Cockerel in a Lumyai tree.

Judging by TV, there are way too many pizza-addicts up here ! :crazy:

As orang pointed out previously, addiction comes in many forms....if a poll were conducted I think the amount of people with addictive personalities would be surprising and I'm not just talking about the usual things one thinks of.

"....bar owners and bystanders who said the man was walking around, smoking the marijuana openly, and didn’t seem to care that what he was doing is illegal in Thailand."

hahahaha....and this in Pattaya the cesspool of Thailand!!

The sentence should have probably read like this:

....... bar owners and other mafia types- who make sure they pay off the police monthly to continue with their illegal activities to employ prostitutes illegally - many open beyond the legal opening hours and other by-standing crooks and rip off artists who are willing to supply you with anything from drugs to counterfeit items -to under-aged prostitutes called in Pattaya's honest and not at all corrupt police and told them that the man was smoking Marijuana and "didn’t seem to care that what he was doing is illegal in Thailand"!

What a terrible criminal in the midst of all the honest and law abiding people of Pattaya!!

my oh my .....what a bunch of hypocrites!! I do not defend drug use but to arrest somebody in Pattaya where every law of the land is broken every day under the watchful eye of the police force with very deep pockets - the city is riddled with gangsters and crime - for smoking a joint - should make it into Jay Leno's tonight show!

I realize many of the comments were made in jest, some posts had to be removed as the comments were about illegal drugs and other activities that are officially illegal in Thailand.

TV amazes me... there are things that are forbidden, OK, but if it's even forbidden to TALK about those things that's a bit weird I guess, OK Thaivisa better does not organize a pot smoking party for it's members, but I thought speech is harmless and allowed by the gov, or ? Yes there are limits to speech here but far as I know that's only related to topics about the royals, not just about 'things that are forbidden'... lol

It's also allowed to talk about speeding over the highway without wearing a helmet and drunk, it's allowed to talk about your fantasy to kill your neighbour who annoys you and about visa-overstay, all things that are forbidden.

Thaivisa had not be named yet as addiction, it's amazing that some people have 5000 or 8000 posts... do they switch on their PC and go to Thaivisa right after they wake up ? emoa.gif

In the morning Thai Visa really helps. I have a PC in the bathroom. Whenever I am constipated I only have to view a couple of threads to get relief.

I realize many of the comments were made in jest, some posts had to be removed as the comments were about illegal drugs and other activities that are officially illegal in Thailand.

TV amazes me... there are things that are forbidden, OK, but if it's even forbidden to TALK about those things that's a bit weird I guess, OK Thaivisa better does not organize a pot smoking party for it's members, but I thought speech is harmless and allowed by the gov, or ? Yes there are limits to speech here but far as I know that's only related to topics about the royals, not just about 'things that are forbidden'... lol

It's also allowed to talk about speeding over the highway without wearing a helmet and drunk, it's allowed to talk about your fantasy to kill your neighbour who annoys you and about visa-overstay, all things that are forbidden.

Thaivisa had not be named yet as addiction, it's amazing that some people have 5000 or 8000 posts... do they switch on their PC and go to Thaivisa right after they wake up ? emoa.gif

In the morning Thai Visa really helps. I have a PC in the bathroom. Whenever I am constipated I only have to view a couple of threads to get relief.

Works for me also.:lol:

haha!

And another 500 Burmese and local punks off their faces on Yaa Baa. There sure is a drug problem in CM but it ain't because of a few retired ex-pat hippies smoking pot. :whistling:

"....bar owners and bystanders who said the man was walking around, smoking the marijuana openly, and didn’t seem to care that what he was doing is illegal in Thailand."

hahahaha....and this in Pattaya the cesspool of Thailand!!

The sentence should have probably read like this:

....... bar owners and other mafia types- who make sure they pay off the police monthly to continue with their illegal activities to employ prostitutes illegally - many open beyond the legal opening hours and other by-standing crooks and rip off artists who are willing to supply you with anything from drugs to counterfeit items -to under-aged prostitutes called in Pattaya's honest and not at all corrupt police and told them that the man was smoking Marijuana and "didn’t seem to care that what he was doing is illegal in Thailand"!

What a terrible criminal in the midst of all the honest and law abiding people of Pattaya!!

my oh my .....what a bunch of hypocrites!! I do not defend drug use but to arrest somebody in Pattaya where every law of the land is broken every day under the watchful eye of the police force with very deep pockets - the city is riddled with gangsters and crime - for smoking a joint - should make it into Jay Leno's tonight show!

I moved to Pattaya after living in Chiang Mai for two years. Each town has its own unique charms.

If I liked to travel I would live in Pattaya in the off season and Chiang Mai for the rest of the time except for the burning months.

For the burning months I would live right on the beach on the East coast.

I also get out of Thailand for Songkran.

Chiang Mai and Pattaya are about the same. Good Western food and a lot of P4P available. Bangkok is too smoky and Phuket is too expensive.

haha!

And another 500 Burmese and local punks off their faces on Yaa Baa. There sure is a drug problem in CM but it ain't because of a few retired ex-pat hippies smoking pot. :whistling:

When become drugs a problem? Perhaps the biggest reason is because it is forbidden. Because it is illegal, the mafia takes the lead (and want people to use dugs of course). Do we speak about an alcohol problem generally? Only when a person drinks to much he or she get a problem. And in traffic.

I am not pro or anti drugs, I just notice there is so much hypocrisy.

Edited by Joop50

When become drugs a problem?

It becomes a problem when Burmese boys become desperate for Ya Ba, then prostitute themselves to his gay friends even though they're not gay, then end up in a Ya Ba fuelled rage and stabbing the elderly gay gentleman 20 times. Then it's a problem, or at least that's the impression I can't escape reading Paagai's posts.

Perhaps the biggest reason is because it is forbidden. Because it is illegal, the mafia takes the lead (and want people to use dugs of course). Do we speak about an alcohol problem generally? Only when a person drinks to much he or she get a problem. And in traffic. I am not pro or anti drugs, I just notice there is so much hypocrisy.

Ya Ba is worse than alcohol.

When become drugs a problem?

It becomes a problem when Burmese boys become desperate for Ya Ba, then prostitute themselves to his gay friends even though they're not gay, then end up in a Ya Ba fuelled rage and stabbing the elderly gay gentleman 20 times. Then it's a problem, or at least that's the impression I can't escape reading Paagai's posts.

Perhaps the biggest reason is because it is forbidden. Because it is illegal, the mafia takes the lead (and want people to use dugs of course). Do we speak about an alcohol problem generally? Only when a person drinks to much he or she get a problem. And in traffic. I am not pro or anti drugs, I just notice there is so much hypocrisy.

Ya Ba is worse than alcohol.

YaBa is a product from the mafia. It is clear these kind of products destroy people very fast. I did not know the excistance of yaba and did not read carefully. The discussion here was more about the soft drugs like weed or pot I taught. Anyway, I meant only these kind of drugs.

Edited by Joop50