Eggs By The Kg?

Thighlander

The lady near me sells them fresh every morning 30 Baht per 10.....don't start confusing her.huh.gif

Prices would probably go up if by weight as they have to compensate for the cost of buying scales. ;)

Absolutely! - don't want too much of this hi tech stuff, it spoils the charm......she's happy as she is.

Who said that Mark did not modernise Thailand?

Soon they will be ready to join the EU.

Of course, thai eggs will have to be standardised first, can't have more / less eggs to the kilo.

But could apply for an exemption, and sell them by the pound.

Only temporarily of course.

Unless Lithuania uses it's veto.

"The reason eggs have become more nutritious over the past decade is that hens are no longer fed bone meal, which was banned in the Nineties following the BSE crisis, the researchers claim. Instead the birds are normally given a mixture of wheat, corn and high-protein formulated feed, which makes their eggs more wholesome".

Hmm I wonder if my 10 for 30 Baht lady is adhering to this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1356614/Scramble-eggs-Forget-high-cholesterol-warnings-theyre-healthier-say-experts.html

"The reason eggs have become more nutritious over the past decade is that hens are no longer fed bone meal, which was banned in the Nineties following the BSE crisis, the researchers claim. Instead the birds are normally given a mixture of wheat, corn and high-protein formulated feed, which makes their eggs more wholesome".

If you worry about that, you should become a vegetarian, and buy an eggplant.

If you worry about that, you should become a vegetarian, and buy an eggplant.

I tried that, but I could only find aubergine's.

The eggs by weight is only being tried out in Bangkok. The scheme will run for three months and the government will then re-assess the situation.

I KNEW this government had a function!!

What situation?

And of course the chickens won't have a say in all this.

Bloody typical for this country.

The eggs by weight is only being tried out in Bangkok. The scheme will run for three months and the government will then re-assess the situation.

I KNEW this government had a function!!

What situation?

And of course the chickens won't have a say in all this.

Bloody typical for this country.

Well, at least we now know what this government means when it refers to 'a situation' is developing.

Who is the Minister for Eggs anyway? huh.gif