Thailand Fever. 2 Years Of Evolution

rmacdon61

Having read the old posts (2009) I was ever so curious to see if those that posted on it are still of the same frame of mind. For me, the one constant in the threads was that "western man's" culture was poorly described. First, being Canadian I will appologize right off (we canadians are SO polite HaHaHa). It seems that kind of general statement about western culture was of concern. I enjoy reading, learning new things and am married to a thai woman that is educated, but she is also an intelligent human being. Yes, we do have culture differences, have had issues with these, issues about borrowing money (I still think in thai, borrow means give?), but have managed to keep our love, laughter and a serious desire to make life as enjoyable as we can for each other.

If you have read, or wonder if you should, post what you think. Remember, the stupidest question or comment is the one unsaid. I believe that and if you flame someone, please be canadian about it and say "sorry" after :)

I will attempt to qualify why I say or think the way I do.

Married 3 times now, a reflection on me? Reflection on western women? OK, I'm a big boy, I'll take responsibility.

59 years old, married a wonderful 37 year old with 1 child, 10 brothers and sisters, father still alive but sadly mother has passed

Retired 25 years of law enforcement, education is Sciences

Very limited experiences with thailand