Queen'S Cup Hua Hin Triathlon

up-country_sinclair

If any of you locals have participated in the Queen's Cup Hua Hin Triathlon, I would appreciate it if you could post some information about your experience.

For example,

Is it well organized?

Any recommendations on going out in the first wave or second wave?

Are jelly fish a problem in August?

What is the bike course like? Many hills, and if so how steep?

Are mp3 players permitted during the run?

Hotel recommendations near the race site?

Overall impressions?

Thanks!

:)

http://www.huahintriathlon.com/

• 4 months later...

A couple of more questions if you don't mind (and a bump for the Qs in the OP).

Can someone recommend a hotel within a kilometer or two of the SuanSon Pradipat Army Building?

Finally, Here's a photo of the bike course:

Bike-Course.png

If you're familiar with the area, could you tell me about the hills on the course? How many/How steep?

Thanks very much.

UCS

If you're familiar with the area, could you tell me about the hills on the course? How many/How steep?

Thanks very much.

UCS

99% flat. Maybe some small grades to climb on the Banyan cutoff but nothing really challenging to an experienced rider... the bigger challenge will be soi dogs and not getting run over by autos or motorbikes. :rolleyes:

I don't remember if August is jellyfish season, but I think that army building is a hotel. There is a large 4 or 5 story hotel on the army base in or near that location. Other than that, they also have cottages on the army property near the start point for rent. I have no idea how to contact the hotel or cottages though, I have only seen them when I go there for golf on the army course, to eat at a very cheap Thai restaurant there on the beach, or to walk my dog on the deserted beach near the hotel.

If you can contact the event organizers I think they could tell you how to book into the hotel that is at the start of the course on the army base. It's on a quiet beach and looks like an ok hotel.

• 3 weeks later...

I asked around and most people seem to think that October is peak jellyfish season but there may be a few in August. The ones seen here are not the big deadly ones but can cause a very uncomfortable burn.

Edited by hhfarang