Day Rides, Chiang Rai Bikers

kandahar

raylo, that BIG BIKE show is on again for the fifth of next month. Whadda ya think?

http://www.chiangraitourist.com/

WEEKLY MOTORBIKE SHOW - Come to view the big and classic bikes - buy and seclassic and big bikes0817-645-035

Where exactly is the location? The website is not very forthcoming. Some of the maps seem to work but when I click on the map link: Sorry the map has not been found - report to [email protected]: map6.php Not Found

Yeah, still working on the website, it appears.

I dunno the details. I will probably stop in and ask the fearless leader of that outfit for the details but, as you know, I did the same thing last time and we all ended up driving in circles looking for something that wasn't. I'll post here if I hear of anything.

How about your nose? Everything okay?

That dude cracks me up.

Man, this thread has gone to hell in a hand basket, hasn't it?

hasn't it. only guy who hasn't commented was our illustrious leader Sven, who probably is looking on in bewilderment.

not being an Anglophile with a disposition for whingeing I suspect is the reason

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Scea is starting to use big, nine letter words in his posts now also. He just did it in one of the newer threads. Jeez, people! You're killing me. Here's the quote, so you'll see what I'm talking about:

Quote- Can you get a Lao visa in Chiang Khong?

Is there a consulate there?

I got better things to do than to keep pushing my nose into dictionaries just to follow these threads. Knock it off.

raylo, that BIG BIKE show is on again for the fifth of next month. Whadda ya think?

http://www.chiangraitourist.com/

WEEKLY MOTORBIKE SHOW - Come to view the big and classic bikes - buy and seclassic and big bikes0817-645-035

Where exactly is the location? The website is not very forthcoming. Some of the maps seem to work but when I click on the map link: Sorry the map has not been found - report to [email protected]: map6.php Not Found

Yeah, still working on the website, it appears.

I dunno the details. I will probably stop in and ask the fearless leader of that outfit for the details but, as you know, I did the same thing last time and we all ended up driving in circles looking for something that wasn't. I'll post here if I hear of anything.

That dude cracks me up.

Hi Kandy

I assume you are talking about this Saturday 5th March? Short notice.

We wanted to come and visit you plus other things in CR but I cannot say for sure till tomorrow.

Just started acid washing the house and using some other stuff that has a 48 hour window of effective use

once applied.

Last time we got less than 5 years life when we painted so want to try a little bit extra effort and chemicals

to get a longer period between repaints.

That dude cracks me up.

hasn't it. only guy who hasn't commented was our illustrious leader Sven, who probably is looking on in bewilderment.

not being an Anglophile with a disposition for whingeing I suspect is the reason

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhh.

Flame on

You never know what to expect here in the Rai. For example I went to bed last night, intent on a good night’s sleep. Low and behold, I awake this morning with these unusual pains, after a fitful night dreaming of errant noses. Had no idea what had transpired, until I was of course enlightened by my morning perusal of this entertaining thread. :lol:

Hi Kandy

I assume you are talking about this Saturday 5th March? Short notice.

We wanted to come and visit you plus other things in CR but I cannot say for sure till tomorrow.

Just started acid washing the house and using some other stuff that has a 48 hour window of effective use

once applied.

Last time we got less than 5 years life when we painted so want to try a little bit extra effort and chemicals

to get a longer period between repaints.

yeah. 5th of March. First weekend of every month, typically, but they do move it back a week sometimes to accommodate other events. I'll post here with any updates.

Edited by kandahar

I just don't know why I'm thinking 'one flew over the Cuckoo's nest' . I'm pretty sure I've never seen the film :ermm:

Anyway, laters... I'm off on a Bike Ride. hey, 'Just Do it' like the nike shirt (I think)

Edited by jubby

I just don't know why I'm thinking 'one flew over the Cuckoo's nest' . I'm pretty sure I've never seen the film :ermm:

Anyway, laters... I'm off on a Bike Ride. hey, 'Just Do it' like the nike shirt (I think)

B^st**d. I hate you. Just lost my second high pressure sprayer.

Fancy writing about bike rides in this thread. Shame on you stick with the program.

Flame On: Human Torch - Fantastic Four

B^st**d. I hate you. Just lost my second high pressure sprayer.

Fancy writing about bike rides in this thread. Shame on you stick with the program.

Flame On: Human Torch - Fantastic Four

Takes me back to my rugby days (the dance of the flaming A**holes), news of the world was better as it was a bit longer.

:rolleyes::D:lol::cheesy:

Just back from a different kind of bike ride (mountain bike). A little warm but that downpour the other night did a number on the dust, and the trails were in great shape.

I had a great idea for a new riding etiquette. Lets put the fastest rider up front, on a Ducati perhaps, and let everyone else follow if they can. We can keep in touch with GPS or cellphone with the slower riders perhaps resorting to email. When the leader gets to his destination, he can set up camp and have a meal prepared by the time the rest of us straggle in. ;)

kandahar, man if you didn't do anything else, working on seven pages now. My guess mopre time writing about the ride then actually riding it :jap: :lol:

Thats the beauty about it being a social event. If it hits 8 pages it means someone can read the numbers or count. Who cares?

If we air some dirty linen or clear the air like the thunderstorm did with the dust then so be it. No use getting uptight

thats why we live in Thailand rather than our respective PC, law on top of law home countries.

kandahar, man if you didn't do anything else, working on seven pages now. My guess mopre time writing about the ride then actually riding it :jap: :lol:

Yeah, that's just how it goes with us up here in the north. But it is mostly the other guys. You'll notice I don't say much at all on here. On the CR forum, they call me the "quiet one". The next ride may be about four hours longer because of getting to and from the starting point. Can you imagine how many pages THAT that extra four hours will create? TV had better add some more storage space on the ol' server. Lil' Chiang Rai is burnin' up the cyberspace.

So, have you decided to come on up?

Edited by kandahar

I haven't been on a motorcycle since 1975, I'm dangerous enough now on a bicycle. But I'll be happy to look out for more routes from the comfort of the truck.

So dust off your Saddle bags Harsu, and lead us on that trip (those trips) . T can stay home and do the chores for the day ;)

I haven't been on a motorcycle since 1975, I'm dangerous enough now on a bicycle. But I'll be happy to look out for more routes from the comfort of the truck.

So dust off your Saddle bags Harsu, and lead us on that trip (those trips) . T can stay home and do the chores for the day ;)

So we'll take it easy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPospvRqP_s

The Guys got 7 women on his mind. He's got his problems, and he looks like he went to the same spa as raylo's shitsu.

hey, 1973 ! :D

Edited by jubby

Actually I think it's great guys are thinking about getting out and about learning the area. It is blessed with some best riding in Thailand. There are also at least three bike weeks within an easy one day ride.

The banter back and forth normal. So far I have not seen anything about you have to be insane to ride a motorcycle. Or only people who want to speed and act macho ride. They only ride them because they are loud and noisy. So actually you got have done better with accepting this then most forums types. But then again I didn't read it all so maybe it came up.

Anyway I think it's great you guys are sharing this hope it grows with very few growing pains.

I have no idea when I will be that way again I'm going to Sukhothai after the tenth and play tourist. I have no idea how far that is from you guys for me about 500 Klms, so should be closer for you.

We will spend a few days checking out the ruins in the National Parks might a well come join us I'm pretty sure it would be an overnight fr you guys I know it is for us. One of the best things about bikes is they are not welded together so in the end it really is up to you.

Another suggestion. Took the 3037 up past Wawee (วาวี) today in the truck. Turn off the C.M road at Ban Huai San. A longish drive. Major curves and hills but all paved (except for one 75 metres stretch being repaired). No pot holes. Should be great on bikes but not in the rainy season as the hill sides look subject to slides and some of the bends are bendy! First part takes you around and over the end of the big reservoir.

Pine trees, bananas, tea shrubs, lots of native poinsettia and water buffalo. Only saw two vehicles on the way up. Air quality wasn't so good so views not as spectacular as I'm sure they can be but still some fab. vistas.

Very Thai/Chinese area like Mae Salong. Had a refreshing pot of oolang (and another family member had the strongest cup of coffee ever and is still buzzing now)at the Lao Lee resort 4 km past Wawee. Spoke to some people originally from Taiwan but who now grow tea up there. Then headed back to Chiang Mai road and fav. resort for strawberry cheesecake before home. Good trip, lots of different vegetation, lots of places to stop and look.

The Wawee road signposted a turning off to Doi Chang along the way but we don't know what condition this linking road is in. If it was good, you could do a round trip rather than going back the same way. As it was it took less than half the time to come down as to go up, and, anyway, the views were worth it.

Another suggestion. Took the 3037 up past Wawee (วาวี) today in the truck. Turn off the C.M road at Ban Huai San. A longish drive. Major curves and hills but all paved (except for one 75 metres stretch being repaired). No pot holes. Should be great on bikes but not in the rainy season as the hill sides look subject to slides and some of the bends are bendy! First part takes you around and over the end of the big reservoir.

Pine trees, bananas, tea shrubs, lots of native poinsettia and water buffalo. Only saw two vehicles on the way up. Air quality wasn't so good so views not as spectacular as I'm sure they can be but still some fab. vistas.

Very Thai/Chinese area like Mae Salong. Had a refreshing pot of oolang (and another family member had the strongest cup of coffee ever and is still buzzing now)at the Lao Lee resort 4 km past Wawee. Spoke to some people originally from Taiwan but who now grow tea up there. Then headed back to Chiang Mai road and fav. resort for strawberry cheesecake before home. Good trip, lots of different vegetation, lots of places to stop and look.

The Wawee road signposted a turning off to Doi Chang along the way but we don't know what condition this linking road is in. If it was good, you could do a round trip rather than going back the same way. As it was it took less than half the time to come down as to go up, and, anyway, the views were worth it.

Is it real cheesecake? Where?

Edit: Okay. jubby gave me the info. I know the place.

Edited by kandahar

I did that ride last year and it is great for bikes. When you come out at the police/military check, that road to your left takes you around to SantiKili (spelling?). Also a great ride with lots of hills and turns, fantastic views over to Burma I think? I was headed that way yesterday, but wiring on bike failed (new Lifan, 6 days old). I do plan on it this next few weeks as soon as I am comfortable after I repair the repair done to the bike by the dealer.

Great suggestions. You need to be our trip counselor.

Day ride to Doi Pha Tang 15 March 2011.

Went to Doi Pha Tang yesterday, on route we picked our own strawberries (80Baht pun net) very tasty, stopped at the wat on the way up, great views into Laos from the mountain it was overcast but still clear enough to enjoy the scenery, we sampled the local wine (nit noy) and dried fruit, on the way back we stopped for coffee and bought a leg of pork to take with us already prepaired (200 Baht) from the local restaurant gonna have that for dinner today.

Very good roads all the way, from Chian Khong it's about 70 Km, all in all a good day was had, if you've not been take a look it's well worth it.

post-72973-0-92901800-1300168527_thumb.j

post-72973-0-76579500-1300168531_thumb.j

post-72973-0-08783600-1300168535_thumb.j

post-72973-0-13985900-1300168539_thumb.j

post-72973-0-17468700-1300168543_thumb.j

post-72973-0-29498700-1300168546_thumb.j

post-72973-0-56772400-1300168549_thumb.j

post-72973-0-37490100-1300168553_thumb.j

post-72973-0-49018600-1300168556_thumb.j

post-72973-0-52362000-1300168559_thumb.j