Day Rides, Chiang Rai Bikers

kandahar

It was a Kubota L3408 if anyones interested :D .... The Guy driving it was complaining about needing a new Pair of Boots because he had worn the sole of his left shoe cornering the thing B)

I fired up our Ingersol-Rand workshop compressor the other day and noticed how similar Harley engines look in repect to it. I suppsoe I should can the V-twin jokes as I have a L-Twin :D

He made a comment today when I started the KLX that he thought it was my starter motor. he who laugh's last or something like that :D

Could have sworn you were winding the sewing machine over and over but it wouldnt catch then realised it was your motor running. Better luck next time

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pics

Thanks

looks like it was a nice day out for everyone involved. No obstacle/stress tests this time Ray :D

Yeah and that worries me. These days youpass your final exams and have a period of respite then they throw you a skills qualification update exam or similar. Well it should be fun watching the other guys do theirs.

But with forewarning I might bring my Honda 250 trail and fool them.

Edited by raylo

Any ideas for the next ride?

Maybe Harsu will lead us to one of the previously mentioned destinations?

Other destinations anyone can think of for a day ride?

Too early to set a date for April?

Should it be a weekend so our school teaching friends can go along?

For sure, I don't want to go when the water is being thrown.

Edited by kandahar

Any ideas for the next ride?

Maybe Harsu will lead us to one of the previously mentioned destinations?

Other destinations anyone can think of for a day ride?

Too early to set a date for April?

Should it be a weekend so our school teaching friends can go along?

For sure, I don't want to go when the water is being thrown.

Jubby mentioned a circular route, I think northeast of CR, that he said was scenic and good riding conditions.

Jubby would have to ientify the locational name.

What say??

As Songkhran is 13 -15 so we are nearly in the 1 week before window and then we have the post 1 week. If someone said lets go

I would welcome a chance to ride out in a few days time before I put the bike to bed for 2 weeks or so.

In your capable hands

I am up for an interim ride. Dunno if jubby is up for leading one. Several of us went on one with him last month. We almost got caught stealing fish.

The Circular route I was thinking of is upto Doi Mae salong and back. most I would think have already done it.

It doesn't need anyone to lead its pretty straight forward. I usually take the trip once a year but earlier in the season. Can't gaurantee the Scenery this time of year. People seem to have found something to burn after the last rains.

Can't recall the Fish Kd. but my memories not what it used to me :huh:

I am up for an interim ride. Dunno if jubby is up for leading one. Several of us went on one with him last month. We almost got caught stealing fish.

The Circular route I was thinking of is upto Doi Mae salong and back. most I would think have already done it.

It doesn't need anyone to lead its pretty straight forward. I usually take the trip once a year but earlier in the season. Can't gaurantee the Scenery this time of year. People seem to have found something to burn after the last rains.

Can't recall the Fish Kd. but my memories not what it used to me :huh:

Hi

Its more about the event etc not who leads. A group of old farts riding round in company otherwise its back to doing our own thing / individually.Again group call

Hi

Its more about the event etc not who leads. A group of old farts riding round in company otherwise its back to doing our own thing / individually.Again group call

Somebody had better lead. I don't know the way.

I like the harsu suggestions. Is it straightforward as far as directions?:huh:

Yes, I like the sound of this route. Especially the part about pie at the halfway point.

Depends on the pie

Yes, I like the sound of this route. Especially the part about pie at the halfway point.

Depends on the pie

Forgot about the Pie & Cake, thats sure to swing it . Afterall Its all about burning Calories not Rubber !? ... Right :rolleyes: .......... :D

No , I've not done that route on the Bike before. Anyone got a suggestion for a day /Date ?

Thursday or Friday next week !?

Hi

Somebody had better lead. I don't know the way.

THe guy in front probably doesn't either

We will drop off the precise directions to the routes to Kandahar and Woraphat. They're very straight forward. probably tomorrow if that's not too late.

We will drop off the precise directions to the routes to Kandahar and Woraphat. They're very straight forward. probably tomorrow if that's not too late.

Never too late. But we will not be here tomorrow. Can leave them with mother. She will be here and will probably be out in the garden. We will be here from Monday on. Thanks.

Sorry guys i've missed the harsu suggestion can someone enlighten me.

Its in there somewhere . It was around Doi Chang if I can recall and then coming down and meeting the CM to CR highway near the famous resort with the Bakery. Cheesecake rings a bell. can't remember the name of the resort.

found it :-

Another suggestion. Took the 3037 up past Wawee (วาวี) today in the truck. Turn off the C.M road at Ban Huai San. A longish drive. Major curves and hills but all paved (except for one 75 metres stretch being repaired). No pot holes. Should be great on bikes but not in the rainy season as the hill sides look subject to slides and some of the bends are bendy! First part takes you around and over the end of the big reservoir.

Pine trees, bananas, tea shrubs, lots of native poinsettia and water buffalo. Only saw two vehicles on the way up. Air quality wasn't so good so views not as spectacular as I'm sure they can be but still some fab. vistas.

Very Thai/Chinese area like Mae Salong. Had a refreshing pot of oolang (and another family member had the strongest cup of coffee ever and is still buzzing now)at the Lao Lee resort 4 km past Wawee. Spoke to some people originally from Taiwan but who now grow tea up there. Then headed back to Chiang Mai road and fav. resort for strawberry cheesecake before home. Good trip, lots of different vegetation, lots of places to stop and look.

The Wawee road signposted a turning off to Doi Chang along the way but we don't know what condition this linking road is in. If it was good, you could do a round trip rather than going back the same way. As it was it took less than half the time to come down as to go up, and, anyway, the views were worth it.

Edited by jubby

Sorry guys i've missed the harsu suggestion can someone enlighten me.

Its in there somewhere . It was around Doi Chang if I can recall and then coming down and meeting the CM to CR highway near the famous resort with the Bakery. Cheesecake rings a bell. can't remember the name of the resort.

found it :-

Another suggestion. Took the 3037 up past Wawee (วาวี) today in the truck. Turn off the C.M road at Ban Huai San. A longish drive. Major curves and hills but all paved (except for one 75 metres stretch being repaired). No pot holes. Should be great on bikes but not in the rainy season as the hill sides look subject to slides and some of the bends are bendy! First part takes you around and over the end of the big reservoir.

Pine trees, bananas, tea shrubs, lots of native poinsettia and water buffalo. Only saw two vehicles on the way up. Air quality wasn't so good so views not as spectacular as I'm sure they can be but still some fab. vistas.

Very Thai/Chinese area like Mae Salong. Had a refreshing pot of oolang (and another family member had the strongest cup of coffee ever and is still buzzing now)at the Lao Lee resort 4 km past Wawee. Spoke to some people originally from Taiwan but who now grow tea up there. Then headed back to Chiang Mai road and fav. resort for strawberry cheesecake before home. Good trip, lots of different vegetation, lots of places to stop and look.

The Wawee road signposted a turning off to Doi Chang along the way but we don't know what condition this linking road is in. If it was good, you could do a round trip rather than going back the same way. As it was it took less than half the time to come down as to go up, and, anyway, the views were worth it.

Thanks Jubbs.

Pics

Enjoyed looking at the pics.

Keep them coming, hope to see more of the local area next year.

This year already planned.

So looking forward to CR trip end 2012, to catch up with some of my friends in CR. :jap:

I would like to join you all but I cannot go Fridays (teaching) Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday are all clear.

Sorry to be rather selfish.

Thursday is good for the wife and I.

Ditto:- Means the same - not a FLA