China Visa

Nick, Chinese embassy in Bangkok can give you a tourist visa, probably same day (I think they have express service options). Info is online. You will probably need an invitation letter for a business visa. If you are American, you need a visa before your visit.

If you are only visiting Shenzhen special economic zone, you can get a visa on entry (I think one week) if you enter from Hong Kong. You can go by car/taxi/bus from HK airport to the bridge. Another option is ferry direct from HK airport (25 minutes to Shekou), you buy your ferry ticket at the airport, you do not go through HK immigration. If you want visa on arrival, you need to arrive Shekou on or before 5:30 PM.

Also CTS (China Travel Service) an other agents can normally arrange a same day visa in HK.

PM me if I can help.

I recently applied for visa from The Embassy in Bangkok, normally takes 4 working days however an express service is available for an extra fee. Office hours are from 9am to 11.30 am. As an Aussie I paid 1,100 baht however Americans are obliged to pay just over 4,000 baht.