Blood Needed

Baan Kiki

Been thinking about donating some blood. Are there any vasting requirements or other things prior to donating? Or can you just walk in and start bleeding?

When I used to donate in Canada they preferred you to have a good meal in you. They even served free cookies and soft drinks because they didn't want you donating on an empty stomach. I'm not sure of the medical reason for this but I suspect it has to do with blood sugar levels.

Just make sure you're not on any medication before donating. From what I remember, even an aspirin in the previous 24 hours can be dangerous to the person receiving the blood.

Thanks for donating!

I went to the Phuket Regional Blood Center today and donated. It takes about 15 minutes and you get a delicious piece of cake with lemonade and chocolate milk afterwards. Unfortunately for the leukemia patient and that Dane I have type O+, but obviously they need all types of blood. You can only donate one unit (450ml) every three months and its not uncommon that they require 6+ units for an operation.

Go donate!