Uk Settlement Waiting 2011

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, we got married in Thailand this week and submitted settlement visa application 17 Feb. Good luck to others waiting although looks like it's just two of us at the moment? When I rang the VFS office today I'm pretty sure the message system said there had been a recent surge of applications and it was taking up to 12 weeks! Recent applications recorded on here seem to have been a fair bit quicker than that though so really hoping it won't be that long. Cheers, Kwon.

Edited by kwon

Waiting:

13 Jan, waiting 5 weeks and 1 day to date, johnrushton1982

14 Feb, waiting 4 days to date, LM09

17 Feb, waiting 1 day to date, kwon

kwon: You mention you rang the embassy and they said 12 weeks? Why??? I wonder if this is because it's getting more expensive/difficult this April. :( Bugger. We should have applied earlier but alas it just wasn't an option so there you go.

Hi,

Here's all of last years waiting times in one place for you

Waiting times from applications that have completed.

26 Feb, 08 Apr, 5 weeks and 6 days, weaver93, successful

03 Mar, 22 Apr, 7 weeks and 1 days, kp86, successful

04 Mar, 26 Apr, 7 weeks and 4 days, rinbury, unknown

08 Mar, 04 May, 8 weeks and 1 days, lostforwords, successful

08 Mar, 05 May, 8 weeks and 2 days, harrydash, successful

10 Mar, 06 May, 8 weeks and 1 days, samuzza, successful

19 Mar, 12 May, 7 weeks and 5 days, , refused

26 Mar, 25 May, 8 weeks and 4 days, andyandythai, unknown

30 Mar, 27 May, 8 weeks and 2 days, HowardJohnson, successful

30 Mar, 03 Jun, 9 weeks and 2 days, , refused

30 Apr, 04 May, 0 weeks and 4 days, bwalker1973, successful

07 May, 29 Jun, 7 weeks and 4 days, craiggm16, successful

11 May, 02 Jul, 7 weeks and 3 days, Phil_nu_uk and nongbkk, both successful

24 May, 09 Jul, 6 weeks and 4 days, friend of catch245uk, unknown

25 May, 12 Jul, 6 weeks and 6 days, candledinner79, successful

25 May, 15 Jul, 7 weeks and 2 days, sanook2me, successful

26 May, 16 Jul, 7 weeks and 2 days, catch245UK, successful

31 May, 21 Jul, 7 weeks and 2 days, Matty1243, successful

01 Jun, 23 Jul, 7 weeks and 3 days, billymalky and esoteric, both successful

02 Jun, 02 Aug, 8 weeks and 5 days, Kaks and mikeee, both successful

04 Jun, 18 Aug, 10 weeks and 5 days, snuggzzz, successful

08 Jun, 06 Aug, 8 weeks and 3 days, kevozman1, successful

09 Jun, 09 Aug, 8 weeks and 5 days, snakey, successful

11 Jun, 11 Aug, 8 weeks and 5 days, tigerjohn, successful

18 Jun, 25 Aug, 9 weeks and 5 days, Dubar, successful

21 Jun, 03 Sep, 10 weeks and 4 days, incy, successful

25 Jun, 03 Sep, 10 weeks and 0 days, stament, successful

24 Jun, 07 Sep, 10 weeks and 5 days, chiang mai, successful

24 Jun, 17 Sep, 12 weeks and 1 day, jasonr3225, successful

25 Jun, 15 Sep, 11 weeks and 5 days, akaloco, unknown

28 Jun, 16 Sep, 11 weeks and 3 days, skeets, successful

28 Jun, 17 Sep, 11 weeks and 4 days, TiggerFish, successful

06 Jul, 22 Sep, 11 weeks and 1 day, lonnie41, successful

20 Jul, 06 Oct, 11 weeks and 1 day, pagan1, successful

23 Jul, 01 Oct, 10 weeks and 6 days, brotch, successful

30 Jul, 08 Oct, 10 weeks and 0 days, liveforever, successful

03 Aug, 08 Oct, 9 weeks and 3 days, silverdales, successful

06 Aug, 11 Oct, 9 weeks and 3 days, simmsc, successful

23 Jul, 13 Oct, 11 weeks and 4 days, yumster, successful

17 Aug, 18 Oct, 8 weeks and 6 days, sonicdragon, successful

20 Aug, 19 Oct, 8 weeks and 4 days, Diddyman, successful

02 Sep, 28 Oct, 8 weeks and 0 days, scuba4, successful

03 Sep, 26 Oct, 7 weeks and 4 days, Friend of Desertexile, successful

14 Sep, 04 Nov, 7 weeks and 2 days, Stanaris, successful

16 Sep, 04 Nov, 7 weeks and 0 days, quadisking, successful

01 Oct, 03 Nov, 4 weeks and 5 days, Quan, successful

22 Sep, 05 Nov, 6 weeks and 2 days, Philbot44, successful

13 Sep, 10 Nov, 8 weeks and 2 days, chris555, successful

06 Oct, 16 Nov, 5 weeks and 6 days, AllThaidUp69, successful

04 Oct, 19 Nov, 6 weeks and 4 days, bryangiggs, successful

14 Oct, 18 Nov, 5 weeks and 0 days, glennsdaf, successful

15 Oct, 19 Nov, 5 weeks and 0 days, bigdave1960, successful

27 Oct, 26 Nov, 4 weeks and 2 days, Suhari, successful

28 Oct, 26 Nov, 4 weeks and 1 days, Chris1616, successful

01 Nov, 02 Dec, 4 weeks and 3 days, QuickRick, successful

05 Nov, 03 Dec, 4 weeks and 0 days, cross13180, successful

05 Nov, 09 Dec, 4 weeks and 6 days, bigboybennett, refused

12 Nov, 16 Dec, 4 weeks and 6 days, rhino10, successful

18 Nov, 22 Dec, 4 weeks and 6 days, Kissyalips, successful

18 Nov, 23 Dec, 5 weeks and 0 days, chrishopkins53, successful

26 Nov, 07 Jan, 6 weeks and 0 days, RAZZELL, successful

16 Dec, 18 Jan, 4 weeks and 5 days, Dubar, successful

04 Jan, 03 Feb, 4 weeks and 2 days, owl1971, successful

11 Jan, 04 Feb, 3 weeks and 3 days, obble80, successful

This website is useful for working elapsed out days.

http://www.easysurf.cc/ndate2.htm

The attached html file is an archive (June to Dec last year) of the official figures posted here http://www.ukvisas.g...processingtimes

waiting.html

Good Luck everyone !!!

kwon: You mention you rang the embassy and they said 12 weeks? Why??? I wonder if this is because it's getting more expensive/difficult this April. :( Bugger. We should have applied earlier but alas it just wasn't an option so there you go.

It sounded like "up to 12 weeks" but I'm not 100% sure of this as the message/line wasn't very clear. You could try calling VFS and see if you can make it out any better. I'm hopeful that as people have been getting them in around 4-5 weeks it won't take as long as that. The profile of time taken seems to have built up and then gradually reduced in the past so would seem odd if it suddenly jumped up from 5 weeks to 12 weeks. Also whilst it's a small sample there are only 3 of us waiting now on this thread so doesn't seem like a surge. Good luck with yours.

@Tiggerfish: Cheers! Very helpful indeed. But what about prior to that? Jan and Feb of last year?

@kwon: True, it's not likely one would think that it would suddenly surge from 5 weeks to 12! But do bear in mind that there's been several changes to all visa categories. Family path visas will be changing this April. Certainly the fees will be rising and the requirements will change some too. That said if you can apply now it's best to do it before April. More info as I get it. You comment there's only 3 of us on this thread so far, true, but perhaps there's a glut more elsewhere.

Here's the 2008-2009 visa stats report from UKBA. The year runs from April 08 to March 09

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/docs/2958881/visastats2008-09

Wasn't able to find a newer full report. Note that it shows the slower times to be from October to February, and March shows a giant leap in applications made (page 15). Of course this is for all visa applications globally but it does give some idea of the busy times. On page 17 you can see a break down of each visa category per month globally; December to March were the slowest times in the settlement category. I would garner a guess that busy times mean no matter what the visa is means longer wait times.

Here's some more recent data:

http://rds.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs10/immiq210.pdf

page 37

Not that the past is indicative of future wait times mind you but I do find this all very interesting. Perhaps bc I don't wait patiently!

Welcome thecatman! Waiting as of today: 13 Jan, waiting 5 weeks and 5 days to date, johnrushton1982 14 Feb, waiting 1 week and 1 day to date, LM09 17 Feb, waiting 5 days to date, kwon 22 Feb, waiting 1 day to date, thecatman I know there's a few others out there. Here's hoping it's sooner than later for everyone!

Welcome thecatman!

Waiting as of today:

13 Jan, waiting 5 weeks and 5 days to date, johnrushton1982

14 Feb, waiting 1 week and 1 day to date, LM09

17 Feb, waiting 5 days to date, kwon

22 Feb, waiting 1 day to date, thecatman

I know there's a few others out there. Here's hoping it's sooner than later for everyone!

Sorry. Not sure why my last post came out so weird, so here is again.

Edited by LM09

Things will be a little slow in this thread until more TV posters come to join us. Until then, an update on wait times as I won't be around to post for the next couple of days.

Waiting times as of today:

13 Jan, waiting 6 weeks and 3 days to date, johnrushton1982

14 Feb, waiting 1 week and 6 days to date, LM09

17 Feb, waiting 1 week and 3 days to date, kwon

22 Feb, waiting 5 days to date, thecatman

ETA: January times are posted. 94% of settlement visas were processed in 30 days. Johnrushton1982 seems to have been waiting longer than normal at this point. Perhaps he forgot due the excitement of a reply? :D

Edited by LM09

I've messaged Johnrushton1982 to see if he got a reply yet. Anyone else apply or get an answer recently? Please post here for the benefit of the rest of us. :)

Edited by LM09

I heard from johnrushton1982. 13 Jan, Feb 14, 4 weeks and 4 days, johnrushton1982, unsuccessful Waiting times as of today: 14 Feb, waiting 3 weeks to date, LM09 17 Feb, waiting 2 weeks and 4 days to date, kwon 22 Feb, waiting 1 week and 6 days to date, thecatman It appears Jan was a month for quick responses, here's hoping for Feb app responses soon.

I heard from johnrushton1982. 13 Jan, Feb 14, 4 weeks and 4 days, johnrushton1982, unsuccessful Waiting times as of today: 14 Feb, waiting 3 weeks to date, LM09 17 Feb, waiting 2 weeks and 4 days to date, kwon 22 Feb, waiting 1 week and 6 days to date, thecatman It appears Jan was a month for quick responses, here's hoping for Feb app responses soon.

looking at other forums current waiting time is approximately 5wks, my wife looks on ladyinter and someone on there put in jan 31st and just got back today so waiting times could be starting to creep up again as last year, i hope not cos i am due to put in for stepsons end of this wk beginning next, will let you know when app goes in,

<br />
<br />I heard from johnrushton1982.   13 Jan, Feb 14, 4 weeks and 4 days, johnrushton1982, unsuccessful  Waiting times as of today: 14 Feb, waiting 3 weeks to date, LM09 17 Feb, waiting 2 weeks and 4 days to date, kwon 22 Feb, waiting 1 week and 6 days to date, thecatman   It appears Jan was a month for quick responses, here's hoping for Feb app responses soon.<br />
<br /><br />looking at other forums current waiting time is approximately 5wks, my wife looks on ladyinter and someone on there put in jan 31st and just got back today so waiting times could be starting to creep up again as last year, i hope not cos i am due to put in for stepsons end of this wk beginning next, will let you know when app goes in,<br />
<br /><br /><br />

5 weeks? Not bad! Looks like kwon and I will be getting answers soonish if the trend continues. Here's hoping! :D

Not sure why the formatting on my last post was so wonky. ???

14 Feb, waiting 3 week and 5 days to date LM09

17 Feb, waiting 3 week and 2 days to date, kwon

22 Feb, waiting 2 weeks 4 days to date, thecatman

C'mon, post your wait! :D

Edited by LM09

Congratulations bigboybennett! That's FANTASTIC!!!:D

How on earth did your appeal go through so quick? I thought that took up to a year?

14 Feb, waiting 4 week and 2 days to date LM09

17 Feb, waiting 3 week and 6 days to date, kwon

22 Feb, waiting 3 weeks 1 day to date, thecatman

15 Mar, waiting 1 day tigerjohn

Looks like a lady on LadyInter who applied on Feb 11th got hers this week. Perhaps kwon or I will hear in the next week? Here's hoping!!! :jap:

Well done Bigboybennett! Can I ask what the initial refusal was for and how you managed to overturn it?

Ive just had to move my wife's return flight back a week to 26th and really hoping we'll get it in time for that.

Well done Bigboybennett! Can I ask what the initial refusal was for and how you managed to overturn it?

Ive just had to move my wife's return flight back a week to 26th and really hoping we'll get it in time for that.

Hey, did you get SMS service? We did and we only ever received a text that our app was sent to the British Embassy. I was curious if you got anything more that? Anyone else?:blink:

Yes and have only received the same text you did so far. I think you just get one to say it's gone to the embassy and one to say it's ready for collection - with no indication of approval/rejection which would be really handy. There's also the application tracking facility on VFS website but that doesn't say any more than the texts.

Yes and have only received the same text you did so far. I think you just get one to say it's gone to the embassy and one to say it's ready for collection - with no indication of approval/rejection which would be really handy. There's also the application tracking facility on VFS website but that doesn't say any more than the texts.

That seems to be the case for settlement though I did see thread where someone got a processing text for a visit visa.

That seems to be the case for settlement though I did see thread where someone got a processing text for a visit visa.

all you get is the text to say it has been sent to the embassy and the one (if you pay for the service) to say passport ready for collection?

The tracking service is simply that; it tracks the progress of the application. If nothing has happened because the application is awaiting it's turn or still being processed then you will hear nothing.

The next message should be that the passport has been returned to the UKVAC. The message will not say whether the application has been successful or not due to data protection and confidentiality. The UKVAC will not be able to say, either, for the same reason; passports etc. are returned to them in sealed envelopes and they do not know the result.

I'm afraid you will have to wait until you have this envelope and have opened it before you know the result.

I can confirm that you do in fact only get those 2 texts: we got the text telling us to come pick up the passport today!!! Woohoo!!! :jap:

No idea what the result is, will find out tomorrow!:jap:

Waiting times from completed applications:

13 Jan, Feb 14, 4 weeks and 4 days, johnrushton1982, unsuccessful

14 Feb, Mar 17, 4 weeks and 3 days to date LM09, ????

Still waiting:

17 Feb, waiting 4 weeks to date, kwon

22 Feb, waiting 3 weeks and 2 days to date, thecatman

15 Mar, waiting 2 days tigerjohn

Hopefully not much longer for kwon and thecatman. Here's hoping for a decision soon that says YES! B)

Anyone else apply recently?

Edited by LM09

I can confirm that you do in fact only get those 2 texts: we got the text telling us to come pick up the passport today!!! Woohoo!!! :jap:

No idea what the result is, will find out tomorrow!:jap:

Waiting times from completed applications:

13 Jan, Feb 14, 4 weeks and 4 days, johnrushton1982, unsuccessful

14 Feb, Mar 17, 4 weeks and 3 days to date LM09, ????

Still waiting:

17 Feb, waiting 4 weeks to date, kwon

22 Feb, waiting 3 weeks and 2 days to date, thecatman

15 Mar, waiting 2 days tigerjohn

Hopefully not much longer for kwon and thecatman. Here's hoping for a decision soon that says YES! B)

Anyone else apply recently?

good luck LM09 im sure you will have a lovely feeling tomorrow, i know what it is like waiting and finally getting that result you want, it seems times creeping down a little i just hope they keep coming down before songkran could do with a trip to thailand early may,