Uk Settlement Waiting

hello everyone, after reading forum for a while i thought time to join, i know there are many posts on length of waiting time for settlement visa to uk but they getting a bit long now some of them, so hope no one minds if i start a fresh one for more recent applications like my wifes, her application went in on the 11th june and read different things about waiting times so any members whos apps went in from around the end of may time? it would be interesting to hear how long you have waited, thankyou in anticipation.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi tigerjohn

My wifes went in on 26th May and nothing yet.Waiting in anticipation and will let you know if I hear anything.

hi maybe good news for you catch, my wifes friend put hers in on 24th may and she just get sms today to pick up passport, dont know yet if pass or fail but you should hear very soon, good luck

Hi tigerjohn My wifes went in on 26th May and nothing yet.Waiting in anticipation and will let you know if I hear anything.
hi maybe good news for you catch, my wifes friend put hers in on 24th may and she just get sms today to pick up passport, dont know yet if pass or fail but you should hear very soon, good luck
Thanks for the information. I will keep you updated and we can see if they do them in any order. Good luck to yourselve and everybody else too.

My wifes visa application went in on Tuesday 25th May after two weeks of waiting for the embassy to re-open after the red shirt riots..

Iam hoping any day now...

I will let everyone know if it comes through and when.

Good luck to everyone

your wife not called noi or jan by any chance is she?

My wifes visa application went in on Tuesday 25th May after two weeks of waiting for the embassy to re-open after the red shirt riots..

Iam hoping any day now...

I will let everyone know if it comes through and when.

Good luck to everyone

your wife not called noi or jan by any chance is she?

Hi John

Yes my wife is called Noi and yes Iam in Newcastle....

I tried to reply to but your email is private

My email is:

Edited by 7by7
Email removed to help prevent spam. For your own protection use the PM facility.

Hi, i applied for my Fiance re settlement on the 10th May, and because of the trouble in bangkok this delayed the processing. we got our visa on the 1st July, visa dated 28/6 so my guess it takes about 6 weeks give or take.

Good luck to one and all

Cheers

rolleyes.gif

Hi, i applied for my Fiance re settlement on the 10th May, and because of the trouble in bangkok this delayed the processing. we got our visa on the 1st July, visa dated 28/6 so my guess it takes about 6 weeks give or take.

Good luck to one and all

Cheers

rolleyes.gif

Nice one.

My wifes UK Settlement application submitted on 2nd June and nothing yet, and i will let you all know if I hear anything .

Nothing i can do now just have to wait.

Good luck all.... Mike

Edited by mikeee

UK Settlement application submitted on 28th June for my wife and stepson.

Nothing can do now, have to wait.......

Good luck all.

I am interested in your application. Although I have no immediate intention of returning to the UK I should like to know how to go about it.

My main lack of knowledge is what to do about my step daughter. She is now 12. Should I adopt her, is that difficult, can I change her name to my family name, are there implications, can she travel to the UK using a Thai name and not be related to me save through official marriage to her Mum. We live in Chiang Mai.

My wife and I have holidayed in UK twice but never with her daughter.

Any advice gratefully received

Not difficult at all, many people have obtained settlement visas for their step-children, including myself.

There is no need to adopt her (I'm not sure if Thai adoptions are recognised in the UK anyway) or change her surname name to yours.

However, her mother will need to show that she has sole custody (or the father is dead) and, more importantly, has been exercising sole responsibility over her daughter for a considerable period. Easy to do if mother and daughter live together and have been for some time, more difficult if they are or have been separated.

See Settlement; Spouses and Settlement; Children.

Remember that once she reaches 18 your step-daughter will be unable to apply for settlement as the daughter of someone applying at the same time or already living in the UK; she will have to apply in her own right. Unless there are exceptional circumstances such as her being disabled with no one to care for her in Thailand.

If you have any further questions on this, may I ask that you start a new topic rather than post in this one, which is about waiting times for applications already submitted. Thanks.

Not difficult at all, many people have obtained settlement visas for their step-children, including myself.

There is no need to adopt her (I'm not sure if Thai adoptions are recognised in the UK anyway) or change her surname name to yours.

However, her mother will need to show that she has sole custody (or the father is dead) and, more importantly, has been exercising sole responsibility over her daughter for a considerable period. Easy to do if mother and daughter live together and have been for some time, more difficult if they are or have been separated.

Remember that once she reaches 18 your step-daughter will be unable to apply for settlement as the daughter of someone applying at the same time or already living in the UK; she will have to apply in her own right. Unless there are exceptional circumstances such as her being disabled with no one to care for her in Thailand.

If you have any further questions on this, may I ask that you start a new topic rather than post in this one, which is about waiting times for applications already submitted. Thanks.

Thanks that is most helpful

Thanks that is most helpful

Do joint applications, in joint I mean say spouse and child visa settlement applications (where child is not your own) take longer than just a spouse visa or the same, as 90% of the documents they'll be reviewing will be the same?

25th March submitted Regents house for wife/spouse 2 year visa got YES today 15th July.

No visa agency used....checked on TV..using pinned guide etc and followed instructions carefully on PDF download form with

guidelines.

Then submitted everything in 2 folders...

1 original

1 copy..

It was a longer task than i anticipated and i was worried about not using an agency and missing something easy...but my 6th sense told me that if the application is straight forward and normal then maybe doing it yourself gives a little leeway in the decision.. (could be b0llo0x but that is my thinking)

25th March submitted Regents house for wife/spouse 2 year visa got YES today 15th July.

No visa agency used....checked on TV..using pinned guide etc and followed instructions carefully on PDF download form with

guidelines.

1 original

1 copy..

It was a longer task than i anticipated and i was worried about not using an agency and missing something easy...but my 6th sense told me that if the application is straight forward and normal then maybe doing it yourself gives a little leeway in the decision.. (could be b0llo0x but that is my thinking)

is that right you submitted 25th march and only got today?

Congratulations on getting the YES !!!

That's a long time to wait for an answer 16, weeks.

We should be due for an update on the UKBA sight with regard to processing times any time soon I would think as today is the middle of the month (ish)

I've compiled a list from this and other threads regarding processing times.

Waiting times from applications that have completed.

26 Feb, 08 Apr, 5 weeks and 6 days

03 Mar, 22 Apr, 7 weeks and 1 day

04 Mar, 26 Apr, 7 weeks and 4 days

08 Mar, 04 May, 8 weeks and 1 day

08 Mar, 05 May, 8 weeks and 2 days

10 Mar, 06 May, 8 weeks and 1 day

25 Mar, 15 Jul, 16 weeks

26 Mar, 25 May, 8 weeks and 4 days

30 Mar, 27 May, 8 weeks and 2 days

30 Mar, 03 Jun, 9 weeks and 2 days

30 Apr, 04 May, 4 days

07 May, 29 Jun, 7 weeks and 4 days

11 May, 02 Jul, 7 weeks and 3 days

24 May, 09 Jul, 6 weeks and 4 days

Still waiting

25 May, candledinner79

26 May, catch245UK

02 Jun, mikee

11 Jun, tigerjohn

24 Jun, jasonr3255 and chiang mai

25 Jun, stament

28 Jun, TiggerFish

Edited by TiggerFish

We should be due for an update on the UKBA sight with regard to processing times any time soon I would think as today is the middle of the month (ish)

25 Mar, 15 Jul, 16 weeks

30 Apr, 04 May, 4 days

Still waiting

25 May, candledinner79

26 May, catch245UK

02 Jun, mikee

11 Jun, tigerjohn

25 Jun, stament

28 Jun, TiggerFish

That's a useful snapshot, thanks for putting it together, I suspect we'll see the impact of the red shirt riots come into play soon, my guess is that very few applications were submitted during that time so perhaps we'll see a big jump in approvals, dunno.

guidelines.

1 original

1 copy..

Congratulations.

Looks like I might have a longer wait then as my application for my wife and her son.....

Edited by stament

25 Mar, 15 Jul, 16 weeks

30 Apr, 04 May, 4 days

Still waiting

25 May, candledinner79

26 May, catch245UK

02 Jun, mikee

11 Jun, tigerjohn

25 Jun, stament

28 Jun, TiggerFish

Good work!

guidelines.

1 original

1 copy..

is that right you submitted 25th march and only got today?

:o Sorry...silly typo... in the excitement my mrs said March and i wasn't thinking straight.

Sorry everyone it was May 25t... and the visa is a wife/spouse LTE... :jap:

I light of recent info. an updated list.

30 Apr, 04 May, 0 weeks and 4 days