Uk Settlement Waiting 2011

Can't believe your still waiting after more than 8 weeks John.

tell me about it pal, at least we know it is not just us, the girls on ladyinter who put in around us are still there too lol, but even the visit visas are taking a long time, im humming and harring weather to book our flights on the 27th or not, found some decent deals, but the way its going i just dont know what to do for the best? you not heard owt yet?

Im sure you will hear something soon john,sorry to hear about your long wait and we

feel lucky after recieving ours in 3 weeks 5 days. You will be together soon no doubt!

Its well worth the wait and things are going great here for us,will check in to see your status soon.

Regards

cheers shady, i honestly cant comprehend what happened after you got yours to make the wait so long in such a short period of time, its my wife i really feel for, because its the kids we are waiting for and she hasnt seen them since she came last august and this is truly hitting her hard, good luck to you and the mrs and hope she settling in very well,

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers shady, i honestly cant comprehend what happened after you got yours to make the wait so long in such a short period of time, its my wife i really feel for, because its the kids we are waiting for and she hasnt seen them since she came last august and this is truly hitting her hard, good luck to you and the mrs and hope she settling in very well,

It's the seperating of families thats the hard thing.

I suppose they have to keep a business head and think of UK PLC but why just for people like us trying to get our families in the legal way?

I mean if illegals are caught in England they just get a Map to Croydon house and travelling money, most don't bother to turn up. Or if they do they get accomodation and food stamps etc.

I hope you hear soon John, the wife has Friday off because I was told it will be done this week so we are planning on going Friday whichever day we get a confirmation. My wife's boss has lost her Dad so my wife is doing extra shifts at the Hospital to help out.

But we will be good to fly next week all being well.

We have an answer but can't go to BKK until tomorrow as my wife is in charge of the Dept in the Hospital today.

So fingers crossed guys :-)

Sorry we jumped in before you John

I will post tomorrow afternoon when we know for sure.

Either way tomorrow I'll be booking flights for London I just hope i'm booking for 2 and not just for 1

Edited by englishinsiam

With respect, it just tells you that people in compassionate circumstances can jump the queue.

I assure you that they do process applications as fast as they can; but people normally have to wait their turn.

I cannot understand why people have this idea that the ECOs sit in their offices twiddling their thumbs while cases pile up on their desks.

If you think that the UK settlement process is too lengthy, have a look at some posts from our American and Australian colleagues!

good luck pal, and it makes no difference to me you jump the queue, but it just tells me if they want to do them faster then they can do, but come back and let us know how you get on? good luck,

Thanks John will do we are both so nervous I told Kookkai to let me be nervous she has to stay calm for the baby.

Looking forward to seeing my Nan next week either way. She comes out of Hospital today but is a long way if ever from being fit and well.

7by7 - We understand that but John raised a Valid point how the queues jumped so high so quick after a member got his in 3 weeks then it seems it goes to 8 weeks plus almost overnight. There seemed to be no gradual rise, I'm sure the fee increase had little impact as we'd have applied when we did whether there was an increase before or after. Although a pain to pay so much it is neglible in the grand scheme of things for us and most other people.

thankyou english i too think i have a valid point? however we ourselves got good news this morning when my wife phoned to talk to the kids her mum told her the embassy called and spoke with her about the kids so hopefully the norm is to get an answer a couple or so days after the phone interview so fingers crossed we are going to get a reply very soon now, also my wifes friend on ladyinter who put in for her kids on the 16th got the same phone call, so at last hopefully for all of us waiting on here things are at last starting to move again,

In the best tradition of PMQs, I refer the honourable gentlemen to the reply I gave earlier.

I do have sympathy for those waiting, after all I have been in that situation myself; in the days when nearly all settlement applicants were interviewed and processing times were subsequently longer on average.

It is obvious that if the total number of applications for all types of visa received increases, which it historically does at this time of year, then the processing time for each category will also increase.

All the advice from both the UKBA and the UKVAC is to allow three months for processing a settlement application; so to be blunt one cannot really complain until and unless that three months has elapsed and still no result.

thankyou english i too think i have a valid point? however we ourselves got good news this morning when my wife phoned to talk to the kids her mum told her the embassy called and spoke with her about the kids so hopefully the norm is to get an answer a couple or so days after the phone interview so fingers crossed we are going to get a reply very soon now, also my wifes friend on ladyinter who put in for her kids on the 16th got the same phone call, so at last hopefully for all of us waiting on here things are at last starting to move again,

WOW thats great news John - I'm sure it's just going to be a formality for you and your family can be together again soon.

We are just about to leave for BKK we have decided to stay the night there anyway. Either we stay and Celebrate (well I will she can't drink) or we hole ourselves in a room and cry lol

WOW thats great news John - I'm sure it's just going to be a formality for you and your family can be together again soon.

We are just about to leave for BKK we have decided to stay the night there anyway. Either we stay and Celebrate (well I will she can't drink) or we hole ourselves in a room and cry lol

you be fine pal enjoy the champers lol

We will thanks SHE GOT THE VISA :-)

Can't tell you how relieved we are. I'll be keeping an eye on here for yours though John,

Now we are shopping for warm clothes :-) then having a celebratory meal in the Baiyok Sky Tower

Can't tell you how relieved we are. I'll be keeping an eye on here for yours though John,

Now we are shopping for warm clothes :-) then having a celebratory meal in the Baiyok Sky Tower

well done both of you its a good feeling when you see that stamp in passport isnt it, and dont need too many warm clothes pal its actually quite nice over here, have a safe flight and hope she settles in uk , GOOD LUCK to you both, john and mrs tiger

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Congrats Englishinsiam, thats one relief off your mind, safe journey to you both and hope your grandmother is recovering well and looking forward to meeting your wife. Good luck with the pregnancy also

Edited by brynpugh

Thanks everyone flights are booked we managed to get a good 1 way with Eva so Direct which is handy for £380 each. Better to pay the extra £40 each saves messing around in Delhi.

Not the same as the 1 way I got in July 2 years ago for £180 how times have changed.

I want to see yours now John so the kids can get over too.

Thanks everyone flights are booked we managed to get a good 1 way with Eva so Direct which is handy for £380 each. Better to pay the extra £40 each saves messing around in Delhi.

Not the same as the 1 way I got in July 2 years ago for £180 how times have changed.

I want to see yours now John so the kids can get over too.

well done english, eve are ok, i thought after fone interview we might have heard today but usual wait again lol, waleelak on lady inter is also in same boat she put in for her 2 boys on the 16th and had interview but waiting same as us so im not too worried at the moment, its just a pain watching all good flight deals dissapear before my eyes, i dont know weather to jump in and book or just wait a few more days, but its been a few more days for god knows how long now lol,

well done english, eve are ok, i thought after fone interview we might have heard today but usual wait again lol, waleelak on lady inter is also in same boat she put in for her 2 boys on the 16th and had interview but waiting same as us so im not too worried at the moment, its just a pain watching all good flight deals dissapear before my eyes, i dont know weather to jump in and book or just wait a few more days, but its been a few more days for god knows how long now lol,

I understand that mate I saw our flights change from £280 to what I decided was an ok nearly £400 for a one way With her being preggers I thought one quick 13hr stint was worth the £40 extra each as we'd spend most of that in Delhi on Indian delights and beer anyway :-)

I don't want to see you go into the 10 week category.

As a side point I sent a thank you email to the embassy for rushing us through I thought it was only polite.

hehe when you sent your thankyou letter you should have said what about tigerjohns visa have you forgot him lol

dam_n me and my memory :-)

It won't be long now mate, my water is telling me this week. You've had the phone call so it must only be a matter of days now.

You can add me to the list. My husband applied April 5th and we're still waiting.

Four of our friends all applied in early March and all got a repsonse back within 30 days...all accepted aswell !!!!

Really hoping its not going to take 12 weeks. My Imm B visa and work permit expire in 5 weeks, We have a 15mth old boy and I'm pregnant too so I really want to get back asap .

Goodluck to everybody.This waiting game is really stressful!!!

You can add me to the list. My husband applied April 5th and we're still waiting.

Four of our friends all applied in early March and all got a repsonse back within 30 days...all accepted aswell !!!!

Really hoping its not going to take 12 weeks. My Imm B visa and work permit expire in 5 weeks, We have a 15mth old boy and I'm pregnant too so I really want to get back asap .

Goodluck to everybody.This waiting game is really stressful!!!

Good luck sadly the waiting time is a lot higher than it was in March. Ours took 7 weeks and that was expediting it. We put in 28th march and if it wasn't for a letter from my grandmothers doctor we would still be waiting.

Tigerjohn is still waiting from 15th March I think when he gets his will b the current benchmark everyone can look at.

waiting list updated at 16 may is,

shadyacres29, 07 march - 01 april, waited 3wk and 5days, successful

tigerjohn 15th march = 9week and 0days,

englishinsiam, 28th - 12 may waited 6week and 4day, successful

contractor, 31st march = 6week and 5day,

samcled, 5th april = 6week and 0days

thaiscouse, 7th april = 5week and 5days,

brynpugh, 7th april = 5week and 5days,

leafmould, 11th may = 6days,

have put mondays date cos no one gets over weekend, welcome to leaf and sam, good luck lads and lasses

Edited by tigerjohn

have to admit im a bit peed off now, getting very worried and feeling rather like a zombie, after ma-inlaw had fone interview last weds i thought only a matter of days until we got the decision one way or the other, how wrong can one be eh?,

have to admit im a bit peed off now, getting very worried and feeling rather like a zombie, after ma-inlaw had fone interview last weds i thought only a matter of days until we got the decision one way or the other, how wrong can one be eh?,

Geez mate I was 2 weeks after you and I'd be sweating by now if they hadn't rushed mine through.

So I can fully understand how you feel. I am the same as you and thought with phone interview your file was out and being processed. Maybe it was a Thai support worker got it out a week before or so to get the required info. And they give a week to get the info I don't know but maybe thats just a guess.

Hoping it comes through soon mate.

Geez mate I was 2 weeks after you and I'd be sweating by now if they hadn't rushed mine through.

So I can fully understand how you feel. I am the same as you and thought with phone interview your file was out and being processed. Maybe it was a Thai support worker got it out a week before or so to get the required info. And they give a week to get the info I don't know but maybe thats just a guess.

Hoping it comes through soon mate.

I think Mon and Tue this week are religious holidays for some - so maybe it will be 18 May before any news. Good luck.

Edited by Contractor