Uk Settlement Waiting 2011

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

We got it!!! I kept having the idea in my mind it would take 5 weeks. Guess not! Judging by the recent times on LadyInter we got ours pretty quickly.

Brilliant News LM09...Congratulations Bud!!!

Doesn't seem like we'll have to much longer to wait now either!!

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late reply i have been away since Thursday partying (And spending time with the missus - well a little bit). My application was very complicated as we met in the UK when she had split from her previous partner, and there was an overstay involved. But basically i spent a lot of money with solicitors who put a good appeal letter with additional evidence that the overstay was not completely our fault and that they are breaching my human rights by keeping a couple apart who they know are in a loving relationship. I dont think it was the money that helped we just proved our point, but i cannot believe they didnt sit on it until a week before they had too (2nd of June) because thats what i was told they would do.

@ LM09 - From date of when the tribunals service in England says they recieved the appeal, the BKK British Embassy have 19 weeks to respond. If it is still a refusal (which i am told 70-80% are) then you have to get a court date in england which is usually about 12 weeks after the 19 weeks (if u get me), and then if it goes to court and its refused, you can appeal against that but thats when it can take literally years.

@ Kwon - the text service will send u a message when it is ready to collect but you will not know the answer until you actually collect. They do not send updates....

Anyone else need any help just message me as i know a little bit...

Good luck guys

Alex

Edited by bigboybennett

SHe got the text today! Unfortunately we just moved her flight back another week to 1 April so now she can't travel to Bangkok to collect it and fly until middle of next week. So we have to wait another week knowing theyve finished processig but not If it was successful!

We also got the text today, exactly 4 weeks after submitting all our documents!!

The Man from VFS Global...He say YES!!!

intheclub.gif

Id like to thank all on this forum for all your help and advice (especially 7by7), and I will continue posting as much as possible in the hope that I can help others going through the process.

Good Luck to Kwon, I'll look forward to logging in and reading of your successful application on the 1st!!

The Man from VFS Global...He say YES!!!

Sorry to seem like a pedant; but it is important.

The man from VFS ......he say nothing!

VFS operate the UK visa application centre. All they do is collect applications, fees etc. to forward to the embassy and then return passports etc. to applicants once the decision has been made.

All decisions on whether to issue a visa or not are taken by entry clearance officers/managers at the British embassy (or in rare cases referred to the UK.)

Congrats to those who have had success, and good luck to those still waiting.

Thanks for the good luck wishes. Does anyone know if there's a way to find out I the visa has been approved in advance of collecting it? Not sure we can bear another week's wait!

sorry mate as far as i am aware the only way is go get it? but i know how you feel, when my wife got hers in august the 8hr wait nearly killed me so god knows how you will stand a week?

I'd update the wait times but would rather wait until catman and kwon post their results. Busy busy over here, sorry!

Seems like the waiting times are going down rather than like up like they have historically? Wonder why that is? I thought there would be more apps now...?:blink:

Edited by LM09

I'd update the wait times but would rather wait until catman and kwon post their results. Busy busy over here, sorry!

Seems like the waiting times are going down rather than like up like they have historically? Wonder why that is? I thought there would be more apps now...?:blink:

I have posted my result LM09

The Man/Woman from BRITISH EMBASSY, He/She say YES!!! 4 weeks exactly (got text & passport back on 22/03/2011)

Edited by thecatman

I wonder if the new english test Requirements have reduced the number of applicants at least temporarily whilst people get the qualification an that's sped things up a bit.

If VFS aren't allowed to know whether the pocessed visa has been approved is it possible to speak to the embassy and ask them? We can call them from the number on her application and answer any security questions to verify it's really us.

6 weeks currently waiting on fiancée/settlement applications.

where do you get this info from thaivisa when the post below you says they waited exactly 4wk?

lol...It made me chuckle too. 3 people (myself included) have reported a waiting time of 4 weeks & 5 days or less within the last week.

Edited by thecatman

I wonder if the new english test Requirements have reduced the number of applicants at least temporarily whilst people get the qualification an that's sped things up a bit.

If VFS aren't allowed to know whether the pocessed visa has been approved is it possible to speak to the embassy and ask them? We can call them from the number on her application and answer any security questions to verify it's really us.

cant help you mate but if you dont try you will never know, tell them you want to make arrangements you never know?

We are headed to Bangkok Monday with all of our paperwork for my wifes Settlement Visa.

So thats 28th March 2011

Congrats to all those that have theirs already.

just glad someone will be joining me, feeling a bit lonely waiting on my own lol

I'm still with you tigerjohn - even though we got the text last Tuesday my wife isn't able to collect it until this wednesday. I asked VFS to tell us the answer in advance and they said it's in a sealed envelope which they can't open. So I asked the embassy who confirmed "a decision has been made but we are unable to inform applicants of the outcome of their visa"! Seems crazy to me.

I'm still with you tigerjohn - even though we got the text last Tuesday my wife isn't able to collect it until this wednesday. I asked VFS to tell us the answer in advance and they said it's in a sealed envelope which they can't open. So I asked the embassy who confirmed "a decision has been made but we are unable to inform applicants of the outcome of their visa"! Seems crazy to me.

We had that last year we had put in an urgent request for a Tourist Visa because my grandfather was dying. We went to VFS on the Thursday Friday at 12.50 PM (they close at 1pm) we got the SMS I called the Embassy they wouldn't tell me the result.

We had flights on Hold with Eva until 12 noon on the Tuesday the Monday was a holiday as you know you can't normally pick up the Passports until after 3pm.

My grandad died on the Friday night so the following Thurs flight which I reserved was the only one we could go on. Between holding it on the Friday and confirming it at 11.30am Tuesday it had gone from 31,000 Baht return to 48,000 Baht return.

My wifes (as was then gf) visa was refused because we changed the reason for going .......

We were aoriginally planning a Holiday in May and submitted the application in Feb to allow for plenty of time. After doing the online form I called the Embassy a girl told me come to VFS straight away we will rush it because of the change in circumstances.

And that was essentially why she was refused.

Anyway back to today, we went to VFS appt 10am she was out of there at 11am. We took no chances and took 2 small suitcases full of paperwork and pictures She is pregnant we need to fly by 6th June or it's too late for the baby this was all stated on my sponsors letter so hopefully the 4 weeks we seem to be quoted now will match up.

That's terrible englishinsiam. There is no good reason why they cant tell you by phone. In fact I just rang the UKBA in UK - they of course can't help me as it's not an in-country application - but they said if it was they could simply look on the system and tell me straight away by phone. I've just located the direct email address of the Head of UKBA International so will be writing to her today on this.

Good luck with your new application.

That's terrible englishinsiam. There is no good reason why they cant tell you by phone. In fact I just rang the UKBA in UK - they of course can't help me as it's not an in-country application - but they said if it was they could simply look on the system and tell me straight away by phone. I've just located the direct email address of the Head of UKBA International so will be writing to her today on this.

Good luck with your new application.

Thank you Kwon

Post any reply you get from the head here please it will be good to see their excuse as to why they are different outside of the UK.

welcome to the queue and good luck, by the way you say you were quoted 4wk who told you this? just out of interest?

No-one told me 4 weeks but it looks like they are taking about 4 weeks from other posts I've seen here and elsewhere.

We have plastered all over it about my wife being Pregnant and on a time limit for flying so fingers crossed they will act before she is stranded in Thailand.

welcome to the queue and good luck, by the way you say you were quoted 4wk who told you this? just out of interest?

No-one told me 4 weeks but it looks like they are taking about 4 weeks from other posts I've seen here and elsewhere.

We have plastered all over it about my wife being Pregnant and on a time limit for flying so fingers crossed they will act before she is stranded in Thailand.

i hope and am sure you will be fine for june pal

Applications are dealt with on a 'first come, first served' basis unless there are strong compassionate reasons for someone jumping the queue. I'm afraid pregnancy wont be considered a strong compassionate reason.

Good luck, and I hope she gets the visa in time.

well englishinsiam we are left alone to wait now, the last girl on the list in ladyinter got sms today after 31 day wait, so no one waiting on here or there now but i am sure the times are going to stick around the 4wk mark, but sadly for me and you the embassy have quite a few holiday days coming, songkran shut for 3days and easter shut for 2days,

well done kwon it must have been a hell of a week for you pal but worth it in the end eh, good luck to you both in the uk.